Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Paid Manager in League One 13:24 - Jan 10 with 890 viewsjayessess

Here's something that confuses me. Evans generally speaking is very careful with Ipswich's budget. But... we're currently paying over the odds for the most expensive manager in League One and he's on course to be the worst performing boss in the division, relative to budget, for the second year running.

If our boss is going to run the club into the ground why not at least find someone cheap to do it?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 13:29]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:35 - Jan 10 with 820 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Right. He’s clearly spending a lot of money and miles more than he needs to if he just wanted to consolidate in this division. So, again, any nonsense spouted about lack of investment is precisely that..

He simply makes incredibly bad decisions and NEVER acts quickly enough when things are clearly going south. We should have sacked Lambert so long ago - it is never going to work.

Evans simply isn’t a football person. Yes he’s been involved in it 13 years and has seen many people come and go but he cannot see the blindingly obvious rubbish that’s served up week in week out like we do - he’s blind to it. And he has nobody telling him that what 80% of our support is completely switching off.

We will finish mid-table unless he acts very quickly and replaces Lambert. Absolutely guaranteed.
Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:49 - Jan 10 with 757 viewsBent_double

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:35 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Right. He’s clearly spending a lot of money and miles more than he needs to if he just wanted to consolidate in this division. So, again, any nonsense spouted about lack of investment is precisely that..

He simply makes incredibly bad decisions and NEVER acts quickly enough when things are clearly going south. We should have sacked Lambert so long ago - it is never going to work.

Evans simply isn’t a football person. Yes he’s been involved in it 13 years and has seen many people come and go but he cannot see the blindingly obvious rubbish that’s served up week in week out like we do - he’s blind to it. And he has nobody telling him that what 80% of our support is completely switching off.

We will finish mid-table unless he acts very quickly and replaces Lambert. Absolutely guaranteed.

"We will finish mid-table unless he acts very quickly and replaces Lambert. Absolutely guaranteed."

Mid-table? That's very optimistic. I'm currently wondering where 6 more wins are coming from that hopefully mean we avoid relegation to L2 this season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:50 - Jan 10 with 749 viewsjayessess

You'd think it'd fry Evans' brain that Coventry were paying Mark Robins a relative pittance to get a team which couldn't even play in their own stadium to perform at such a high level.

We could be paying Kieron Dyer 1/10th of what Lambert's getting and I can't see that he'd be doing any worse.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:55 - Jan 10 with 725 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:49 - Jan 10 by Bent_double

"We will finish mid-table unless he acts very quickly and replaces Lambert. Absolutely guaranteed."

Mid-table? That's very optimistic. I'm currently wondering where 6 more wins are coming from that hopefully mean we avoid relegation to L2 this season.

Well we’ve won 2 out of our last 4 and have players to come back. Expect we’re probably trending around mid-table over the last 12 months or so.
Best Paid Manager in League One on 14:35 - Jan 10 with 650 viewsBent_double

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:55 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Well we’ve won 2 out of our last 4 and have players to come back. Expect we’re probably trending around mid-table over the last 12 months or so.

I can't see us winning a game this month:

Burton - new manager, first home game in charge, we might sneak a draw.
PBoro - home defeat
S'land - ditto
Crewe - will play us off the park, again draw at best.

Maybe with a full squad and a couple of additions we'll get the points we need to stay up in Feb/March. Who knows....who cares? I wish I didn't.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Best Paid Manager in League One on 15:23 - Jan 10 with 570 viewsBlueBadger

I think its a bit of a myth that Evans doesn't spend money on ITFC. He DOES spend, it's just inevitably woefully misdirected and usually to plaster up a hole, rather than to actually build something - the money Lambert was allowed to spend in January 2019, the endless loan signings of Pauls Jewell and Hurst..
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 15:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best Paid Manager in League One on 15:40 - Jan 10 with 525 viewsbluefunk

Best Paid Manager in League One on 13:55 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Our league one record places us 7th, across both seasons to date so your not far out, taking the current trend into account
Best Paid Manager in League One on 15:43 - Jan 10 with 515 viewsbournemouthblue

Paul Cook was literally sitting in the studio watching this

Get him in!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024