Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti Maskers 15:26 - Jan 10 with 1940 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anti Maskers on 18:00 - Jan 10 with 1813 viewsfactual_blue

They should be refused the vaccine for the disease they don't seem to believe in.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anti Maskers on 18:06 - Jan 10 with 1791 viewsStenvict

Anti Maskers on 18:00 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

They should be refused the vaccine for the disease they don't seem to believe in.

I'm pretty sure the anti makers are also the anti vaxxers

Poll: What will be announced first?

Anti Maskers on 18:08 - Jan 10 with 1772 viewsJ2BLUE

Why are they allowed entry? Incredibly selfish to put the staff at risk even if they don't care about themselves.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anti Maskers on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 1775 viewsBryanPlug

Anti Maskers on 18:00 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

[content removed at owner's request]

Anti Maskers on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 1743 viewsAYACCA

It's the new Brexit, something to divide people.
Anti Maskers on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 1695 viewsBryanPlug

Anti Maskers on 18:23 - Jan 10 by AYACCA

It's the new Brexit, something to divide people.

Anti Maskers on 18:53 - Jan 10 with 1669 viewsbluelagos

Anti Maskers on 18:10 - Jan 10 by BryanPlug

You want to use the army to police people in Supermarkets?

Given that they may be busy with stuff like the logistics of vaccines, supporting the NHS, overseas operations, am not convinced your idea is practical.

And that's before the considerations that they would need to be trained in applying UK laws, making arrests, dealing with the public etc. Not sure how long the training is for UK policemen but am guessing it would take a while to get them all up to speed.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:54]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anti Maskers on 19:05 - Jan 10 with 1615 viewstractordownsouth

Anti maskers are also anti lock-down, which is fecking stupid when you consider that if they wore masks, we'd be less likely to need restrictions.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Anti Maskers on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 1552 viewsBryanPlug

Anti Maskers on 18:53 - Jan 10 by bluelagos

Given that they may be busy with stuff like the logistics of vaccines, supporting the NHS, overseas operations, am not convinced your idea is practical.

And that's before the considerations that they would need to be trained in applying UK laws, making arrests, dealing with the public etc. Not sure how long the training is for UK policemen but am guessing it would take a while to get them all up to speed.

Anti Maskers on 19:51 - Jan 10 with 1522 viewsChurchman

Anti Maskers on 18:53 - Jan 10 by bluelagos

I would. Or security guards, bailiffs and bouncers many of whom would love a bit of work. People in retail deserve protection from the selfish pigs and so do innocent customers. I hate wearing a mask and doubt they do much good, but that’s what is required of me so I do. If the dregs feel they are being victimised they can always complain. Their action are likely to be on cctv. People who wish to go their own way should also be banned from supermarkets with their pictures posted on the doors for easier recognition.

I would add that anyone offered vaccine and refuses it without good reason should be automatically be denied treatment for future COVID or any related illness. Why should the innocent potentially pay with their lives for the selfishness and stupidity of the minority?
Anti Maskers on 20:02 - Jan 10 with 1500 viewsbluelagos

Anti Maskers on 19:51 - Jan 10 by Churchman

I would. Or security guards, bailiffs and bouncers many of whom would love a bit of work. People in retail deserve protection from the selfish pigs and so do innocent customers. I hate wearing a mask and doubt they do much good, but that’s what is required of me so I do. If the dregs feel they are being victimised they can always complain. Their action are likely to be on cctv. People who wish to go their own way should also be banned from supermarkets with their pictures posted on the doors for easier recognition.

I would add that anyone offered vaccine and refuses it without good reason should be automatically be denied treatment for future COVID or any related illness. Why should the innocent potentially pay with their lives for the selfishness and stupidity of the minority?

Using say security guards / bouncers is a hell of a different proposition to using the army.

For one, they are available. And they are used to dealing with the public and for bouncers, dealing with stroppy members of the public. They also understand about what they can/can't do to enforce the rules.

Indeed in lockdown 1 when the panic buying was getting old of hand a number of supermarkets did exactly that even in rural Suffolk.

As an aside, I have much sympathy for the lady in the tweet but surely the solution is for her employer to ban any verbally abusive customers? They have every right to refuse entry to whoever they like.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 20:04]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anti Maskers on 20:10 - Jan 10 with 1470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anti Maskers on 18:08 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

Why are they allowed entry? Incredibly selfish to put the staff at risk even if they don't care about themselves.

AYep, they should be denied entry. Mind you I suspect even if they put a mask on to get past security at the door they'd only take it off again straight afterwards.

At the end of the day, they're not going to listen and do what's right for all of us - as the OP correctly says, they are morons. So I don't know what the answer is. Shut down the places or people who are feeding them the anti-mask, anti-vax narrative maybe? Make it a crime to spread disinformation about the virus in the middle of a global pandemic?Punch them repeatedly in the face? Who knows what would work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anti Maskers on 20:29 - Jan 10 with 1430 viewsChurchman

Anti Maskers on 20:10 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

AYep, they should be denied entry. Mind you I suspect even if they put a mask on to get past security at the door they'd only take it off again straight afterwards.

At the end of the day, they're not going to listen and do what's right for all of us - as the OP correctly says, they are morons. So I don't know what the answer is. Shut down the places or people who are feeding them the anti-mask, anti-vax narrative maybe? Make it a crime to spread disinformation about the virus in the middle of a global pandemic?Punch them repeatedly in the face? Who knows what would work.

Employ one for indoors, one on the door. The indoor one can throw them out or call the police, just as they do with shoplifters.

In the late 80s early 90s I worked in a bank in Peckham. Now and again there was trouble, but we operated as securely as was possible and took no nonsense. A few of our lads were a little handy and up for it and I was a lot younger too! We would sort out most trouble ourselves, only calling on the police for more serious stuff or for arresting people. Word got around and in time we were largely left alone. Both the customers and staff felt safe.

Sadly, you sort things out yourself now and you are more likely to be arrested than the bad guys. Toleration and fear of the morons is the default setting for the society we live in and they know it. Until that changes the cretins will continue to do as they please. So all your suggestions are worth considering in my opinion
Anti Maskers on 20:38 - Jan 10 with 1412 viewsfactual_blue

Anti Maskers on 18:06 - Jan 10 by Stenvict

I'm pretty sure the anti makers are also the anti vaxxers

I can also hazard a guess they voted to Take Back Control.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anti Maskers on 20:48 - Jan 10 with 1391 viewsSeablu

Anti Maskers on 20:29 - Jan 10 by Churchman

Employ one for indoors, one on the door. The indoor one can throw them out or call the police, just as they do with shoplifters.

In the late 80s early 90s I worked in a bank in Peckham. Now and again there was trouble, but we operated as securely as was possible and took no nonsense. A few of our lads were a little handy and up for it and I was a lot younger too! We would sort out most trouble ourselves, only calling on the police for more serious stuff or for arresting people. Word got around and in time we were largely left alone. Both the customers and staff felt safe.

Sadly, you sort things out yourself now and you are more likely to be arrested than the bad guys. Toleration and fear of the morons is the default setting for the society we live in and they know it. Until that changes the cretins will continue to do as they please. So all your suggestions are worth considering in my opinion

What issues did you and the other handy lads have to sort out in this bank?

Nicking pens off the chains?

Drawing willies on the blotters?

Foreign coin in the £1 change bag?

Anti Maskers on 21:06 - Jan 10 with 1361 viewsChurchman

Anti Maskers on 20:48 - Jan 10 by Seablu

What issues did you and the other handy lads have to sort out in this bank?

Nicking pens off the chains?

Drawing willies on the blotters?

Foreign coin in the £1 change bag?

Absolutely!! Mostly fights between the customers oddly. The sort of things were for example on one occasion I heard this odd thumping sound and it turned out to be a bloke thumping another’s head on the counter because he’d queue jumped. Another mush was hurled head first through a big upright display and then the party really started. Another charged through the glass doors one day only to be greeted in the time honoured way. Threats against the staff, angry people, lots of fraud (we if we could would ‘persuade’ them not to leave until the police pitched up) used to happen, but over the time it was pretty rare and certainly not every day. For the more serious stuff, obviously it was an immediate alarm/police job.
Anti Maskers on 21:20 - Jan 10 with 1331 viewsjeera

Anti Maskers on 20:29 - Jan 10 by Churchman

Although of course this does overlook how strongly some people feel about the subject.

There's been a number of deaths of door security in the States where mask-refusing tossers have murdered the poor sod on the door.

That these types think the way they do in the first place shows an abnormal mentality and it wouldn't be long before someone got stabbed.

Agree these trash shouldn't be allowed entry, but it's probably best to leave the bravado to one side and consider the real-life consequences. I can certainly see why regular staff are cautious of confronting people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anti Maskers on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 1310 viewsChurchman

Anti Maskers on 21:20 - Jan 10 by jeera

Although of course this does overlook how strongly some people feel about the subject.

There's been a number of deaths of door security in the States where mask-refusing tossers have murdered the poor sod on the door.

That these types think the way they do in the first place shows an abnormal mentality and it wouldn't be long before someone got stabbed.

Agree these trash shouldn't be allowed entry, but it's probably best to leave the bravado to one side and consider the real-life consequences. I can certainly see why regular staff are cautious of confronting people.

I agree totally. That’s why they need support from people who know how to provide it. And supermarkets have done well out of the pandemic and can afford it. The perpetrators need to know that they are not going to get away with doing what they like, which some clearly do at the moment.

And no, the mealy mouthed ‘response’ or should I say excuses by BJ and his shower to Cummings’ disgraceful behaviour hasn’t helped in the least. The rules should apply to all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024