Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 1st goal for swindon 16:59 - Jan 10 with 2597 viewsItfcforme

The first goal for swindon tells you slot about the club at the moment

Poor marking poor leadership on the pitch not spotting the space poor tactics and team selection
The 1st goal for swindon on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 2388 viewspistonbroke

It showed me the 2 center backs and the defensive midfielder are not at the races , yeah people will say the player who crossed had to much space but that cross is bread and butter , should of been dealt with
The 1st goal for swindon on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 2364 viewsstiff_talking

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:03 - Jan 10 by pistonbroke

It showed me the 2 center backs and the defensive midfielder are not at the races , yeah people will say the player who crossed had to much space but that cross is bread and butter , should of been dealt with

In real time I thought it was Chambers fault.

But I watched it again and I realized it was Jackson

Why would the fastest forward in the league be playing as a stationary wide player on his wrong side ?

Jackson has to play in a front two playing on the last shoulder

Instead Lambert wants him to be a full back against a team 2nd from bottom at home

Awful management
The 1st goal for swindon on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 2362 viewsPinewoodblue

But the postponement of the Fleetwood game, according to Taylor, gave us more time to prepare for Swindon.

In two weeks time we start an extended run of two games a week, so less time to prepare.

Not looking forward to the first mid week game, at home against Sunderland and on Sky. What could possibly go wrong?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:14 - Jan 10 with 2342 viewspistonbroke

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:08 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

But the postponement of the Fleetwood game, according to Taylor, gave us more time to prepare for Swindon.

In two weeks time we start an extended run of two games a week, so less time to prepare.

Not looking forward to the first mid week game, at home against Sunderland and on Sky. What could possibly go wrong?

Do we ever win when we’re on sky
The 1st goal for swindon on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 2302 viewsjayessess

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:08 - Jan 10 by stiff_talking

Why would the fastest forward in the league be playing as a stationary wide player on his wrong side ?

Instead Lambert wants him to be a full back against a team 2nd from bottom at home

Awful management

Chambers shouldn't get sucked inside as there's no chance of him getting the ball, *especially* as he should be able to see his right-winger is stuck up the pitch. Then once he's been sucked in, he doesn't track the player he's following properly and that player scores.

Jackson should get back quicker, but, realistically, if your right winger is an attacking player occasionally they'll get caught up the pitch. If you give the ball away when they're trying to run in behind they're not going to be able to catch up to their left back going the other way very easily. The defensive players have got to deal with those situations.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 17:35]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The 1st goal for swindon on 18:45 - Jan 10 with 2221 viewsBlueBadger

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:14 - Jan 10 by pistonbroke

Mate, we don't win when we're not on sky.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:07 - Jan 10 with 2185 viewsChrisd

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:34 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Chambers shouldn't get sucked inside as there's no chance of him getting the ball, *especially* as he should be able to see his right-winger is stuck up the pitch. Then once he's been sucked in, he doesn't track the player he's following properly and that player scores.

Jackson should get back quicker, but, realistically, if your right winger is an attacking player occasionally they'll get caught up the pitch. If you give the ball away when they're trying to run in behind they're not going to be able to catch up to their left back going the other way very easily. The defensive players have got to deal with those situations.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 17:35]

Jackson was caught ball watching. You could see he was annoyed with himself after Swindon had scored.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:13 - Jan 10 with 2161 viewsbackwaywhen

Let’s face it we got caught with our pants down , as we do week in week out , no real tactical nouse or leadership from above !
The gift that keeps on giving .
Login to get fewer ads

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 2126 viewsjayessess

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:07 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Jackson was caught ball watching. You could see he was annoyed with himself after Swindon had scored.

Like I said, he should get back quicker. But... he's not ultimately responsible for maintaining our defensive shape, nor for our ability to defend balls into our box, both of which are far graver problems than an attacking player not reacting quick enough defensively.

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:52 - Jan 10 with 2079 viewsBryanPlug

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:14 - Jan 10 by pistonbroke

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:12 - Jan 10 with 2051 viewsChrisd

The 1st goal for swindon on 19:39 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Like I said, he should get back quicker. But... he's not ultimately responsible for maintaining our defensive shape, nor for our ability to defend balls into our box, both of which are far graver problems than an attacking player not reacting quick enough defensively.

When a player moves out of position then it’s up to others to step in to fill the space, that’s basic coaching. For example, if the CB steps out from the back with the ball then one of the CM fills in. Their full back ran a long way to pick up the pass, Jackson didn’t track his run, he watched him go and then tried to catch him up, that’s why he was so far behind. Jackson was playing in a wide role, he wasn’t playing as an out and out striker, so he had defensive responsibilities. That is one of the failings of playing a striker out wide, they don’t naturally think as a wide player and switch off at times. Case in point yesterday.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 20:18]

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:17 - Jan 10 with 2040 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

When a player moves out of position then it’s up to others to step in to fill the space, that’s basic coaching. For example, if the CB steps out from the back with the ball then one of the CM fills in. Their full back ran a long way to pick up the pass, Jackson didn’t track his run, he watched him go and then tried to catch him up, that’s why he was so far behind. Jackson was playing in a wide role, he wasn’t playing as an out and out striker, so he had defensive responsibilities. That is one of the failings of playing a striker out wide, they don’t naturally think as a wide player and switch off at times. Case in point yesterday.

Absolutely, it's about team shape and movement. I don't know whether that was Jackson's responsibility as I didn't watch. Dozza might also be reasonably expected to slot in to that area if both Chambo and Jackson were attacking. He'd certainly be expected to close down the guy who wellied one in from 30 yards. Whoever should have been there wasn't; we're not working well with our shape on or off the ball - as you say, that's down to the coaching.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 2019 viewsjayessess

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Reverse the argument, Jackson was already 15 metres behind Thompson when Chambers started following his man inside. Chambers is the experienced defender who's supposed to be able to read the game. And he also doesn't mark the goalscorer!

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:37 - Jan 10 with 2002 viewsChrisd

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:25 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Reverse the argument, Jackson was already 15 metres behind Thompson when Chambers started following his man inside. Chambers is the experienced defender who's supposed to be able to read the game. And he also doesn't mark the goalscorer!

Chambers tracked his man inside, so yes you can argue that he should’ve stayed with him to stop him getting the free header for the goal, but then that’s why it’s even more important that Jackson did his job in tracking back and not allowing Thompson the freedom of PR to pick his target out with the cross. It was all too easy.

On a separate note, thought Thompson looked very good. He’s the type of LB I’d like us to sign. Imagine KVY (if he returns as the same player) and Thompson as our fullbacks, very dynamic.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 20:57]

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:54 - Jan 10 with 1967 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Awful management

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:58 - Jan 10 with 1943 viewsitfcjoe

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:25 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Then Jackson's not alert - Chambers has to follow the run of the guy that scores and doesn't - but he's got to follow his guy in field in the first place and Jackson's job as a wideman is to follow the full back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The 1st goal for swindon on 21:00 - Jan 10 with 1932 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It also tells me one team was intent on using their possession to hurt the opposition whereas the other simply wanted to use time up with theirs regardless of being behind or level in a game they should have been winning.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 1st goal for swindon on 21:33 - Jan 10 with 1876 viewsjayessess

The 1st goal for swindon on 20:58 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

Then Jackson's not alert - Chambers has to follow the run of the guy that scores and doesn't - but he's got to follow his guy in field in the first place and Jackson's job as a wideman is to follow the full back

Not tracking the guy who scores, when you've specifically allowed him to pull you out of position to follow him is absolutely criminal, much worse than the winger not being alert to a full back's run.

The 1st goal for swindon on 21:42 - Jan 10 with 1859 viewsAlanG296

The 1st goal for swindon on 21:33 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Not tracking the guy who scores, when you've specifically allowed him to pull you out of position to follow him is absolutely criminal, much worse than the winger not being alert to a full back's run.

You must remember the golden rule:-

Luke Chambers is not at fault. Someone else must be.
The 1st goal for swindon on 01:09 - Jan 11 with 1701 viewseddiespearitt03

The 1st goal for swindon on 21:33 - Jan 10 by jayessess

At least 4 defenders & a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper on duty, yet still a free run down the flank and a free header in the box . Don,t blame Jackson i say. Blame the defence for losing shape and marking no one.
The 1st goal for swindon on 03:58 - Jan 11 with 1653 viewsHARRY10

The 1st goal for swindon on 17:03 - Jan 10 by pistonbroke

center backs ?

is that like part of center parc ?
The 1st goal for swindon on 08:17 - Jan 11 with 1548 viewsArnieM

Awful management

........stop press: Fans blame Chambers shocker ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The 1st goal for swindon on 08:39 - Jan 11 with 1526 viewsHullblue

Awful management

Huws is pressing in a weird way at the start of the move - showing the player a really progressive pass inside. That’s right at the start of the clip and I can’t remember what happened before it so it might be that’s all he could do, but in isolation this looks like the biggest mistake for me.

Why isn’t the rest of the team pressing with him too?

It leaves Dozzer with about three men in front of the back four, which is why Chambers has to come inside. Jackson should have spotted it half a second sooner too, but it just smacks of disorganisation for me - which is a bit worrying given that our defending hasn’t been the problem so far this season.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

The 1st goal for swindon on 08:56 - Jan 11 with 1498 viewsBryanPlug

The 1st goal for swindon on 08:17 - Jan 11 by ArnieM

........stop press: Fans blame Chambers shocker ?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The 1st goal for swindon on 09:14 - Jan 11 with 1480 viewsbournemouthblue

Awful management

I'd love to see Jackson used like Jamie Vardy I'd for Leicester, not that he is anywhere near the same calibre but we really don't get the best out of him and projably never will

It's interesting that Bournemouth were interested in him as a replacement for Wilson I guess?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024