Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 13:25 - Jan 11 with 705 viewshype313

Can someone explain to me what Marcus sees, or has seen in the past two years that makes him think Lambert can get the best out of this squad and mount a promotion challenge?

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that this guy is still in the job, appreciate finances dictate, but in the grand scheme of things they will pale into insignificance if we don't go up.

His record is absolutely woeful, can't get away from it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 683 viewsDyland

"Can someone explain to me what Marcus sees, or has seen in the past two years that makes him think Lambert can get the best out of this squad and mount a promotion challenge?"

Nope.

He's just crossing his fingers, and hoping the club is "famous" enough and well supported enough to still have some allure that makes it sellable in L1/2.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert on 13:30 - Jan 11 with 670 viewsKieran_Knows

#greenshoots
#youdon'tgetthetruepictureoniFollow

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lambert on 13:32 - Jan 11 with 658 viewsDanTheMan

The only thing I can come up with now is that he's basically thinking "well I sacked McCarthy and look how that turned out".

That's literally it. Nothing else makes sense. He's being stubborn.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert on 13:35 - Jan 11 with 632 viewsBluefish

Lambert on 13:32 - Jan 11 by DanTheMan

The only thing I can come up with now is that he's basically thinking "well I sacked McCarthy and look how that turned out".

There must be a break clause st some point that hadn't been reached and he is thinking he has to stretch it our until then. It would make sense to sit PL down and say look paul we all knownyou are woeful inept so why don't we bring the break date forward and just go now. Trouble shambo is probably hanging in there hoping for a miracle, a real protest might have made that harder for him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 628 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on 13:35 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

There must be a break clause st some point that hadn't been reached and he is thinking he has to stretch it our until then. It would make sense to sit PL down and say look paul we all knownyou are woeful inept so why don't we bring the break date forward and just go now. Trouble shambo is probably hanging in there hoping for a miracle, a real protest might have made that harder for him

The only thing Lamebert is hanging on for his payoff.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 626 viewshype313

Well, it's going to bite him the ar53 big time, because if we don't get promoted then his asset is basically null and void, mass exodus of players and mass exodus of fans.

Lambert on 13:40 - Jan 11 with 609 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect the justification would be something along the lines of Lambert's got a team promoted before, has a wealth of experience in football, and we're in the mix for a playoff spot.

Which is largely true, but ignores what we're seeing on the pitch and the lessons from last year that haven't been learnt about Lambert struggling to turn things around when it all starts going wrong (see also previous clubs).

The way we collapsed after our last experienced manager left and the cost of negotiating a get out of the 5 year deal could both be factors too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on 13:42 - Jan 11 with 595 viewshype313

Lambert on 13:40 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect the justification would be something along the lines of Lambert's got a team promoted before, has a wealth of experience in football, and we're in the mix for a playoff spot.

Which is largely true, but ignores what we're seeing on the pitch and the lessons from last year that haven't been learnt about Lambert struggling to turn things around when it all starts going wrong (see also previous clubs).

The way we collapsed after our last experienced manager left and the cost of negotiating a get out of the 5 year deal could both be factors too.

On your first sentence the same could have been said for Keane, and at least Keane had a promotion on his CV within the previous ten years.

This is going to be one hell of a gamble/risk Evans is willing to play.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 13:44 - Jan 11 with 568 viewsLankHenners

Evans is unfortunately a combination of ignorant and stubborn, which is bad enough for most people to be but a terrible mix of attributes for an owner. He's always been the former, but recent years have brought the latter on more.

At this point I think he really is just hoping it'll turn round and all the BS about 'green shoots' and 'it looks better in real life than on TV' was just as much convincing/deluding himself as trying to get supporters onside. The main reasons he's doing that are because, as you say, of the cost to sack him, and also because his pride will take a further knock if he sacks the manager only a year after he gave him a 5 year deal having said he's here to oversee a long term project.

Thing is he must be aware of the general feeling of the fanbase on some level. After all, he seemed aware enough to make the stupid 'you can't see the game properly on TV' appeal, and was clearly told pretty sharpish that his 'be careful what you wish for' comment went down like a skip full of cold sick.

I'm sure he regrets every bad decision he's made over the years but is just incapable of learning from them and terrified the next decision he makes will go badly as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert on 13:55 - Jan 11 with 529 viewslevelneville

I can't see how Evans can let things slide even more...the 5 year deal with Lambert surely would have (if he is the big businessman we all think is) a break clause, quite what the terms are is anyone's guess but a change needs to happen and nearly everyone can see that the way things are at present it's just not working. Body language on and off the field says it all. I not a lover of constant change etc, I too was bored of MM and his boring tactics MM's saving grace was his eye for players picked up on the cheap, Lambert does not have that ability either. So where on earth do we go from here??
Lambert on 14:13 - Jan 11 with 484 viewshadleighboyblue

Could it just be that he's lost interest and can't be bothered to make a decision or spend money getting rid .

Does he even have a clue how many supporters he is losing by this indifference or how serious this is for our future
Lambert on 14:50 - Jan 11 with 434 viewsjayessess

I don't think any other club in the EFL would've kept Lambert to this point and I think it's hard to think of any comparably generous owners in the last two decades. Almost every club of approximately Ipswich's size or bigger sacked the manager who got them relegated and the ones that didn't certainly sacked the manager who didn't take them back up again at the first attempt.

I can only assume that Evans has convinced himself that what he has in place is a long-term plan that will eventually bear fruit if he's patient enough and he's too stubborn to be told otherwise.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024