Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24 hour vaccine centres 16:36 - Jan 11 with 2115 viewsCrawfordsboot

The govt. say the public have not asked for appointments after 8 pm so they have no plans to introduce them.
Ffs. The public haven’t asked for lockdown but it is a necessary and appropriate response to COVID.

If vaccination is the way out of the COVID nightmare why not operate 24 hour centres and just tell people to get their arses in gear. Easy enough to give the elderly and vulnerable the appointments from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm and get ahead with offering others the less convenient hours.

I fear this will be another case of dithering until the programme is behind schedule then introducing it too late in the day.
24 hour vaccine centres on 16:38 - Jan 11 with 2075 viewsKieran_Knows

F*ck me, are people really that dumb? I couldn't care less if they offered me to have one at 3.00am. Just get up and get it done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:40 - Jan 11 with 2062 viewsFunge

I agree; everything you've put down there is common-sense.

If we're in a race against time (as Johnson often reminds us), then these centres should be open 24/7.

I suspect that the reality is that we don't have the actual physical supplies of vaccine to operate on this basis, at this time.
24 hour vaccine centres on 16:40 - Jan 11 with 2050 viewsbluelagos

I was actually thinking they seem to know what they are doing so far (albeit a little slow)...

But yeah - get the vaccine in people's arms. I doubt many will object to a 2am slot - I know I wouldn't.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:41 - Jan 11 with 2046 viewsFunge

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:40 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

I was actually thinking they seem to know what they are doing so far (albeit a little slow)...

But yeah - get the vaccine in people's arms. I doubt many will object to a 2am slot - I know I wouldn't.

I'll take it at 6 am on a comedown and no sleep if they want, BL.
24 hour vaccine centres on 16:47 - Jan 11 with 1998 viewsIpswichKnight

That is simply not true. From the minister for vaccines own mouth this morning on breakfast news

“ if we need to go to 24 hour work we will absolutely go to 24 hours a day to make sure we vaccinate as quickly as we can”

They currently believe for older people it is currently more convenient for them to attend between 08:00 and 20:00. Also limited by the amount of vaccine that is coming through the system.
24 hour vaccine centres on 16:47 - Jan 11 with 1991 viewsbluelagos

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:41 - Jan 11 by Funge

There was a lovely bit on Jeremy Vine earlier with people talking about the vaccine. A couple of callers stated they were so relieved to get it - that they literally got palpitations, from the adrenaline / excitement.

It's getting out there...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:47 - Jan 11 with 1987 viewsChurchman

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:38 - Jan 11 by Kieran_Knows

F*ck me, are people really that dumb? I couldn't care less if they offered me to have one at 3.00am. Just get up and get it done.

Actually, a high percentage really are that dumb. Huge numbers still think it’s all a hoax, many others think the rules don’t apply to them, some idiots think Bill Gates is trying to microchip them. Also the lack of discipline people show in this country is almost limitless - name a country that’s worse.

But I agree. If possible I would like to see them, or at least the big centres, open for as long in the day as possible, on the assumption there’s enough staff and vaccine. Any time day or night, I’ll attend for my vaccination, no problem.
24 hour vaccine centres on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 1891 viewsfactual_blue

As that would mean having twice as many staff, I can't see it happening.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 1892 viewsjontysnut

Familiar government narrative of blaming the public. How do they know there's no call for it?
24 hour vaccine centres on 17:21 - Jan 11 with 1873 viewsjeera

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:41 - Jan 11 by Funge

And still get a beer in by 7am no worries.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:28 - Jan 11 with 1838 viewsstringy

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:47 - Jan 11 by Churchman

Actually, a high percentage really are that dumb. Huge numbers still think it’s all a hoax, many others think the rules don’t apply to them, some idiots think Bill Gates is trying to microchip them. Also the lack of discipline people show in this country is almost limitless - name a country that’s worse.

But I agree. If possible I would like to see them, or at least the big centres, open for as long in the day as possible, on the assumption there’s enough staff and vaccine. Any time day or night, I’ll attend for my vaccination, no problem.

a country that's worse: the US

that was easy, next question!

BTW that doesn't let us off the hook mind
24 hour vaccine centres on 17:36 - Jan 11 with 1814 viewsSteve_M

24 hour vaccine centres on 16:40 - Jan 11 by Funge

I agree; everything you've put down there is common-sense.

If we're in a race against time (as Johnson often reminds us), then these centres should be open 24/7.

I suspect that the reality is that we don't have the actual physical supplies of vaccine to operate on this basis, at this time.

That, not the staff to work 24 hours s day.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 1789 viewsFreddies_Ears

I would happily walk 10 miles each way for a 4am appointment if it meant getting a vaccine now rather than in 6 months or whenever...
24 hour vaccine centres on 17:45 - Jan 11 with 1780 viewshype313

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:44 - Jan 11 by Freddies_Ears

I would happily walk 10 miles each way for a 4am appointment if it meant getting a vaccine now rather than in 6 months or whenever...

I'd happily walk 500 miles.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 1772 viewschrismakin

I would gladly get a jab after 8

Although. I work in a hospice but I'm not priority as it's not NHS.

Cheers.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:52 - Jan 11 with 1758 viewslazyblue

That would be fine and I’m sure we would all get vaccine in the middle of the night if possible but you need the staff to do this and we are already struggling.
24 hour vaccine centres on 17:52 - Jan 11 with 1757 views26_Paz

Absolutely agree. I saw an article on the BBC yesterday where people were moaning about being offered vaccines at these big centres because they shock horror had to travel, sometimes over an hour. One woman was so shocked and appalled she phoned Downing Street and was surprised that they put the phone down on her.
If you don’t want to go to one of these centres you can wait a couple of weeks for your GP ... some people really will just not take any responsibility for anything

The Paz Man

24 hour vaccine centres on 18:07 - Jan 11 with 1725 viewsMattinLondon

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:45 - Jan 11 by hype313

I'd happily walk 500 miles.

But would you roll 500 more?
24 hour vaccine centres on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 1641 viewsFunge

24 hour vaccine centres on 17:36 - Jan 11 by Steve_M

That, not the staff to work 24 hours s day.

Heh. Fair point.
24 hour vaccine centres on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 1615 viewsAce_High1

Absolutely, need to do EVERYTHING we can to get these out and people vaccinated.
24 hour vaccine centres on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 1593 viewsPinewoodblue

Suspect they are more scared of running out of vaccine if they extended hours.

Did anyone else notice that the summer will taken up with second jabs rather than moving on to lower age groups. Inevitable I suppose.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

24 hour vaccine centres on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 1506 viewscooperd5

24 hour vaccine centres on 19:24 - Jan 11 by Funge

Heh. Fair point.

It is a fair point but my plan would have been to move the ineffective track/trace people (£20Bn and counting apparently) bit of retraining and have 24 hr vaccination ready from the very second approval given for vaccine.
Before this, be making it in advance of approval (like they said they would, Where's all that gone?)
Would have done 3 or 4 million people by now and be at a 2m/wk rate (and rising)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024