Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking Town Podcast 17:56 - Jan 11 with 1053 viewsJDAndCoke

Just had a listen to this weeks Talking Town podcast after seeing all the Twitter controversy yesterday.

What a load of nonsense! I agree with some of their points but calling out EADT specifically for 'not asking the hard questions' is laughable. Clearly EADT have to tread a fine line between voicing fans opinions but also keeping connections with the club. Stu and Andy will have sources within the club, they get press passes to the all games and press conferences all of which they could easily lose.

Clearly both Stu and Andy have both said when the time is right, the paper will act and call for Lambert's head. Clearly now is not the right time. We're not even half way into the season with numerous key players on the brink of coming back to fitness. I'm not saying I think we'll be promoted this season but imagine a scenario whereby the EADT run a campaign for Lambert to be sacked, all the players come back to fitness and we pick up and get promoted as there's plenty of time for ups and downs this season still. As they say, it's all about timing and the time is not now.

Also, I'd like to hear some examples of these 'hard questions' which should be asked as from what I saw on Twitter, Stu asked 'Cruncher' and he couldn't answer?
Talking Town Podcast on 18:00 - Jan 11 with 1027 viewshype313

I fail to see how they can't call for his head, especially given week after week they keep saying it's like groundhog day and seem to be saying the same things week in week out.

They got their fingers burnt previously by going to early, but they seem to have stage fright right now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Talking Town Podcast on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 930 viewsITFCMonk

Both talking town and eadt podcasts are nowhere near as good as Blue monday. Used to be a good fan zone one too.
Talking Town Podcast on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 903 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Everyone on that Pod comes across as total weapon.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Talking Town Podcast on 20:38 - Jan 11 with 882 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert's failure is not down to injuries. He can't even get the basics right. Don't give him a free pass because we've had injuries.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Talking Town Podcast on 20:40 - Jan 11 with 870 viewsJDAndCoke

Talking Town Podcast on 18:00 - Jan 11 by hype313

I fail to see how they can't call for his head, especially given week after week they keep saying it's like groundhog day and seem to be saying the same things week in week out.

They got their fingers burnt previously by going to early, but they seem to have stage fright right now.

Clearly given their relationship with the club and privileges they receive they don't want to jeopardise that if they can help it. Given the amount of players that are coming back from injury and the form of clubs above us which is patchy at best I'd say from a professional journalism point of view it is too early as anything can still happen at this stage of the season.

If we were 30-40 games into the season and cut adrift, that's the time for them to do it and I have no doubt that if PL is still here and that were the case they would. Plenty of other ways to voice your own opinion even without being in the ground.
Talking Town Podcast on 20:43 - Jan 11 with 856 viewsJDAndCoke

Talking Town Podcast on 20:38 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Lambert's failure is not down to injuries. He can't even get the basics right. Don't give him a free pass because we've had injuries.

To be clear, I haven't said his failure is down to injuries. My post is about people wanting EADT to start a 'Lambert Out' campaign. Agree or disagree, it would be poor timing at this stage.
Talking Town Podcast on 20:49 - Jan 11 with 817 viewsChrisd

I disagree, Talking Town might not be everyone’s cup of tea but the points they make aren’t any different from those made on here after games, they just present them in a contrasting manner. Personally, I think Watson and Warren do very good jobs with their reporting and their views are balanced and fair, but why not apply a little more pressure on our manager? We aren’t delivering, we can all agree on that, but he seems to be allowed to get away with it especially during this pandemic, I’m sure fans would be voicing their anger after Saturday’s game and he’d have little doubt about our feelings towards him and his consistent underachievement if we were all allowed back to spectate, instead he’s allowed to hide behind that ridiculous 5 year contract. COVID has hugely worked in PL’s favour as he should’ve been sacked last season, we were looking unconvincing, games were a real struggle and we were heading one way and it wasn’t up. Where we are now, lessons clearly haven’t been learnt and we’re still so predictable, laboured and rigid in our play, lacking tempo in possession and ideas in the final third. The time is right to start applying that pressure and that needs to come from the local media as they are the ones that can get our views across to the club as they have that direct access. If Watson and Warren are saying the time isn’t right to question the management, then I don’t really know when it is? We can all see we are a club that is sinking and sinking pretty quickly, we can’t afford to let this carry on unchallenged for much longer.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:14]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024