Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return to gigs? 18:24 - Jan 11 with 3557 viewshoppy

Just wondering what people's thoughts are re: getting back to being able to go to gigs?

First I've got is a ticket to see Fontaines DC at Cambridge Corn Exchange in May, bought last year... do you reckon by then it's going to go ahead?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Return to gigs? on 16:24 - Jan 12 with 207 viewsStokieBlue

Return to gigs? on 15:39 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Here's some good news. I know that several NY engineering firms have developed an airborne pathogen control that is supposed to be approved by the EPA this week.

It uses Triethylene Glycol vapour, which is basically the active ingredient in theatre fog. At the correct concentrations, when diffused throughout a space using the HVAC system, it is supposed to have a virus kill time of around 30 seconds. It works by drying out the virus, and at the concentrations used it's 1/1000th of the level where it would pose a risk to people. So, in theory, when combined with other measures it may present a great chance to start refilling large interior spaces with people at some point soon.

As far as I'm aware it' could be one of the only airborne sources of killing the virus, as the others are based on coating surfaces that kill the virus on contact. Rest assured there are more people out there working on creative solutions than we realise at times.

That's pretty interesting.

Surface/touch spread is actually pretty unlikely from the latest research, they couldn't get C19 to culture after leaving it on a surface. I can dig out the study in the Lancet if you're interested.

SB

Edit: Found an article from SAGE on it - they weren't convinced but that was 3 months ago so probably a lot of research has been done since then. Sounds very promising if it can be made to work.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 16:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Return to gigs? on 16:32 - Jan 12 with 196 viewsSpruceMoose

Return to gigs? on 16:24 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

That's pretty interesting.

Surface/touch spread is actually pretty unlikely from the latest research, they couldn't get C19 to culture after leaving it on a surface. I can dig out the study in the Lancet if you're interested.

SB

Edit: Found an article from SAGE on it - they weren't convinced but that was 3 months ago so probably a lot of research has been done since then. Sounds very promising if it can be made to work.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 16:26]

That mirrors what the engineer I spoke to said - surface contact is considered to be of minimal concern now. The number of air changes within a room per hour, the wearing of masks, and minimising the number of people in a space and the time they're in there is really the most we can do right now.

Oh and sorry I've not got round to replying to your pm yet!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 16:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024