Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return to gigs? 18:24 - Jan 11 with 3554 viewshoppy

Just wondering what people's thoughts are re: getting back to being able to go to gigs?

First I've got is a ticket to see Fontaines DC at Cambridge Corn Exchange in May, bought last year... do you reckon by then it's going to go ahead?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Return to gigs? on 18:33 - Jan 11 with 2086 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'd say May was still being on the optimistic side. I've got one in May this year which was originally last June.

This year is still going to be a bit messy even allowing for vaccine rollout.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Return to gigs? on 18:34 - Jan 11 with 2078 viewsfactual_blue

I thought you meant we should all start using these again.

If the Wishbone Ash gig goes ahead at the Apex next November (having been postponed twice last year), then it'll be around fifty years to the day since I first saw them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Return to gigs? on 18:35 - Jan 11 with 2074 viewsdickie

I've got tickets to the Good Life Festival in May and Camp Bestival in August. I'm not overly optimistic about either of them going ahead sadly
Return to gigs? on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 2061 viewsFoD_Blue

I've got a few gigs booked for this year. Download festival for June is on the list, but 100,000 people in a field in June might be a bit of a stretch.
I'm more hopeful for Steelhouse festival in late July, which gives an extra month and is a much smaller festival.
Black Stone Cherry at the Albert Hall in September I have convinced myself will be a goer.
Return to gigs? on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 2048 viewsbluelagos

May, I'd hope/expect to see some restrictions being eased but I'd put gigs in the same bucket as football tbh. So they might have reduced capacity but can't see anything else tbh.

Worst case they reschedule another few months / year. Bands will be desperate to get on the road asap as they will be proper skint. Also no prospect of many bands touring the EU at the moment given the need to sort out visas per the current deal with the EU.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Return to gigs? on 19:15 - Jan 11 with 2009 viewslazyblue

Depends if the general public get sensible and stick to the rules, so no.
Return to gigs? on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 2002 viewsjas0999

Can’t see any gigs happening this year. Maybe a couple of months over summer when things seem a bit more normal. Another lockdown next winter.
Return to gigs? on 19:18 - Jan 11 with 1997 viewsDubtractor

Alas, I think it will be a while yet. I've still got tickets to 10 or 12 gigs that were booked prior to March 2020 that keep getting rescheduled, plus for Green Man Festival from last year that have been rolled over.

I fear that gigs, standing ones especially, will be one of the very last things to be allowed given the very dense concentration of people in small spaces.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Return to gigs? on 19:26 - Jan 11 with 1986 viewsronnyd

Listening to various medical experts, we'll be lucky to have them this time next year.
Return to gigs? on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 1962 viewsAce_High1

Lets hope so by the summer.

I was not really a big "clubber" before but I really miss a night out touring London's finest. Lets hope at some point this year the dance floor is graced with my presence!
Return to gigs? on 21:24 - Jan 11 with 1913 viewshoppy

Return to gigs? on 19:18 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Alas, I think it will be a while yet. I've still got tickets to 10 or 12 gigs that were booked prior to March 2020 that keep getting rescheduled, plus for Green Man Festival from last year that have been rolled over.

I fear that gigs, standing ones especially, will be one of the very last things to be allowed given the very dense concentration of people in small spaces.

Likewise, Sound City being rolled over again... if October is still a no-no.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Return to gigs? on 07:40 - Jan 12 with 1802 viewsSteve_M

Maybe late Summer if a) covid rates are down to where they were last Summer, b) vaccination levels remain good and c) the gigs are set up to allow for some degree of social distancing.

I've bought tickets for a few gigs since March, to add to the two or three I already had, partly as a way of having something to look forward to and partly to keep cashflow going to venues like the Roundhouse

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Return to gigs? on 07:44 - Jan 12 with 1797 viewsStokieBlue

Return to gigs? on 18:43 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

May, I'd hope/expect to see some restrictions being eased but I'd put gigs in the same bucket as football tbh. So they might have reduced capacity but can't see anything else tbh.

Worst case they reschedule another few months / year. Bands will be desperate to get on the road asap as they will be proper skint. Also no prospect of many bands touring the EU at the moment given the need to sort out visas per the current deal with the EU.

I don't think you can bracket gigs inside with football, especially given singing is one of the worst ways to project any covid towards other people.

I wouldn't expect there to be any gigs in May.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Return to gigs? on 08:01 - Jan 12 with 1785 viewsMetal_Hacker

Oh my life I long for a proper bloody gig

Had a ton of them cancelled last year , the last one being Skunk Anansie in Leeds and Wolfmother in Madrid

We're a long way off gigs unfortunately though hence why my own guitar collection keeps growing

Poll: If it were one or the other

Return to gigs? on 08:40 - Jan 12 with 1755 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Return to gigs? on 19:26 - Jan 11 by ronnyd

Listening to various medical experts, we'll be lucky to have them this time next year.

Which medical experts are you referring to, because that sounds a needlessly overly pessimistic view. Everyone should be vaccinated by the autumn.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Return to gigs? on 09:09 - Jan 12 with 1724 viewsurbanblue

I have tix for Fontaine's DC in Brisbane. Originally scheduled for December 10th just gone they never postponed until just 2 weeks before. I really was getting hopeful and ready to come on here with a gloat.

December 2021 now.
Return to gigs? on 09:12 - Jan 12 with 1716 viewshype313

Return to gigs? on 19:26 - Jan 11 by ronnyd

Which ones have said that? seems odd considering they're now saying over 50's will be vaccinated by April.

Personally, I think given the government have consistently over promised and under delivered, I think they are desperate to come out of this like knights in shining armour come May time shouting from the rooftops that things are opening up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Return to gigs? on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 1699 viewsGeoffSentence

Return to gigs? on 08:01 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

Oh my life I long for a proper bloody gig

Had a ton of them cancelled last year , the last one being Skunk Anansie in Leeds and Wolfmother in Madrid

We're a long way off gigs unfortunately though hence why my own guitar collection keeps growing

Haven't all these zoom choirs sated your need for communal music?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Return to gigs? on 09:35 - Jan 12 with 1694 viewsStokieBlue

Return to gigs? on 09:12 - Jan 12 by hype313

Which ones have said that? seems odd considering they're now saying over 50's will be vaccinated by April.

Personally, I think given the government have consistently over promised and under delivered, I think they are desperate to come out of this like knights in shining armour come May time shouting from the rooftops that things are opening up.

It's quite possible that the people vaccinated in December with Pfizer might be needing another dose come May, we simply don't know.

Fingers crossed it provides protection for a lot longer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Return to gigs? on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1683 viewsbluelagos

Return to gigs? on 07:44 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

I don't think you can bracket gigs inside with football, especially given singing is one of the worst ways to project any covid towards other people.

SB

Just shows how much footie has changed in recent years. As a teenager I used to come home from Portman Rd hoarse after every match.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Return to gigs? on 09:39 - Jan 12 with 1683 viewsBlueNomad

Eagles at the end of August, carried over from last year.

King King cancelled April 2020, cancelled again Feb 2020 now rescheduled for February 2022!

Of course we also have to worry how many of the “smaller” bands pack up because of the cost of touring Europe. Thanks Ms Patel.
Return to gigs? on 09:41 - Jan 12 with 1680 viewsBlue_Order

I’ve also got a Cambridge Fontaines ticket.

Can’t see it happening though.
Return to gigs? on 09:46 - Jan 12 with 1666 viewsRadlett_blue

Return to gigs? on 07:44 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

SB

I've generally been avoiding buying tickets as I felt so pessimistic about the likelihood of gigs taking place. I have tickets for The Killers at the Emirates in June, but I think it's very unlikely. Events involving standing will be impossible to police (I have floor tickets) & I don't think events with 25% of capacity being used & tortuous entry procedures will be financially viable or attractive enough to the punters.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Return to gigs? on 09:48 - Jan 12 with 1661 viewsMonkeyAlan

There will still be restrictions next winter. The powers that be have already said so. Big gatherings will still be limited lm guessing. Like concerts, football etc. I think May will be way too early. Half the country will still be waiting for their jab, probably more than that actually.
Return to gigs? on 10:05 - Jan 12 with 1645 viewsstonojnr

Return to gigs? on 08:40 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Which medical experts are you referring to, because that sounds a needlessly overly pessimistic view. Everyone should be vaccinated by the autumn.

Prof Chris Whitty, who seems to be setting government policy on this, who has already said even with a vaccine, social distancing measures as we have had so far will have to be in place next year, his consistent view to when "normal" returns is measured in years, not weeks or even months.

I cant remotely see how that will lend itself to an environment where gigs could be held,especially not indoors, some events might be held outside in summer with strict social distancing.

But we will see
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024