Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers 20:10 - Jan 11 with 6678 viewsElderGrizzly

The cost is about £5.22. For 10 days of food.

Have the Government done what the Government do again and pay a private company a fortune for next to nothing?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:12 - Jan 11 with 2109 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but the Labour party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:18 - Jan 11 with 2054 viewsmonytowbray

Political Point Scoring.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:19 - Jan 11 with 2060 viewsJ2BLUE

Is that an adequate amount of food even for a kid? Seems cut to the bone.

If a company really has been paid £30 to put that together they should be ashamed for not providing a bit more. A supermarket equivalent box of weetabix type cereal, a couple of pints of milk and a couple of healthy snacks and it would still be under a tenner.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:21 - Jan 11 with 2053 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’d be interesting to know who the contract was given to. The govt screwed up the voucher scheme procurement earlier last year, so don’t have a good track record in this area - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/education/2020/dec/02/firm-gi

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 2025 viewsmonytowbray

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:19 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

If a company really has been paid £30 to put that together they should be ashamed for not providing a bit more. A supermarket equivalent box of weetabix type cereal, a couple of pints of milk and a couple of healthy snacks and it would still be under a tenner.

It just shows how out of touch the Tories are. Give that to any of them and say “give that for your kids for a week”, see what they say.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 2016 viewsSwansea_Blue

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:19 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

My lad would it everything in that picture (except the whole loaf) in a day.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 2010 viewsmonytowbray

It’s called “government corruption”, I’d say get used to it but you should be already by now.

F*ck anyone who voted for these crooks based on slogans, you were all warned.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:45 - Jan 11 with 1976 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:48 - Jan 11 with 1959 viewsJ2BLUE

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:29 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

My lad would it everything in that picture (except the whole loaf) in a day.

Frubes and Soreen mini loaves are not filling foods. Complete waste of money.

Anyone with any idea of nutrition can see that it's not enough food and it's not enough nutrition.

Truly impaired.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 1944 viewsJ2BLUE

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:29 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

It’s called “government corruption”, I’d say get used to it but you should be already by now.

Agree. They are a disgrace.

Truly impaired.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 1945 viewsSwansea_Blue

From a quick bit of googling, it seems these packages are being supplied by Chartwells, which are a member of Compass Group. The Chairman of Compass Group until early last year was Ian Walsh who was a member of David Cameron's business advisory group.

I've no idea how this contract was awarded, but it smells of more cronyism.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 1931 viewsjaykay

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:29 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

internet must still be very slow. some our more vocal right wingers couldn't be found on the storming of capitol hill thread. well maybe a couple of half hearted its wrong do that. expect its still slow as can't see many on this thread.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:54 - Jan 11 with 1915 viewsmonytowbray

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:53 - Jan 11 by jaykay

internet must still be very slow. some our more vocal right wingers couldn't be found on the storming of capitol hill thread. well maybe a couple of half hearted its wrong do that. expect its still slow as can't see many on this thread.

TWTD never forgets.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:58 - Jan 11 with 1912 viewsBlueBadger

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:53 - Jan 11 by jaykay

I find that calling the incompetent sociopathic venus honeypots behind such things nasty names helps rouse the Decent Right into action. Nothing offends these fearless opponents of Woke Culture more than naughty words.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:00 - Jan 11 with 1892 viewsmonytowbray

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:58 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

I find that calling the incompetent sociopathic venus honeypots behind such things nasty names helps rouse the Decent Right into action. Nothing offends these fearless opponents of Woke Culture more than naughty words.

Or vaping and smoking in public. That’s the most pressing issue RN.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:01 - Jan 11 with 1890 viewsBlueBadger

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:00 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Or vaping and smoking in public. That’s the most pressing issue RN.

And punching nazis.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:14 - Jan 11 with 1848 viewsjeera

I always fancy my ability to knock something up from practically anything but Ainsley Harriott would struggle with that lot.

So is this across the country? That's a lot of free money for somebody somewhere.

I'm surprised at the over 5 quid estimation to be honest.

What a tiny pile of crap.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 21:15]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:22 - Jan 11 with 1811 viewsmonytowbray

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:01 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

And punching nazis.

Both sides.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:32 - Jan 11 with 1792 viewsStokieBlue

What a bunch of tossers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:51 - Jan 11 with 1742 views26_Paz

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 20:58 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

Abuse is never called for

The Paz Man

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:04 - Jan 11 with 1715 viewsmonytowbray

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:51 - Jan 11 by 26_Paz

But racism is cool. K.

TWTD never forgets…

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:07 - Jan 11 with 1704 viewsStokieBlue

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 21:51 - Jan 11 by 26_Paz

What are your thoughts on the fiver quid lunch box for a 10 days?

SB

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:12 - Jan 11 with 1673 viewsBluefish

I really don't understand why it is set up as vouchers and distributed through schools for parents to then spend via an online service or at a mainstream supermarket. Why not take the money council wide and produce cooked meals to be delivered to the houses. It doesn't make sense to assume all parents can spend the money well and then produce a good meal. It would have been cheaper to cook in bulk and handle it council wide
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 22:35]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:15 - Jan 11 with 1668 viewsJ2BLUE

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:07 - Jan 11 by StokieBlue

What are your thoughts on the fiver quid lunch box for a 10 days?

SB

Wow I missed that it was for 10 days. I assumed it was for 5 days! That is an absolute disgrace. Barely enough food for 5 days. Can't believe that is for 10 days. Some **** has clearly skimmed as much profit off the top of this as possible. Literally stealing food away from kids.

Truly impaired.

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:16 - Jan 11 with 1666 viewsStokieBlue

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers on 22:15 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Wow I missed that it was for 10 days. I assumed it was for 5 days! That is an absolute disgrace. Barely enough food for 5 days. Can't believe that is for 10 days. Some **** has clearly skimmed as much profit off the top of this as possible. Literally stealing food away from kids.

Hence my original post of "tossers".

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024