Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Website design & creation 21:30 - Jan 11 with 639 viewsclive_baker

I'm sure there are some techy types on here that'll know a thing or 2 about creating a website. What's the going rate for creating a site from scratch? It would have to be nice, and would need a shop functionality within it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Website design & creation on 13:11 - Jan 12 with 491 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Website design & creation on 13:13 - Jan 12 with 486 viewsDanTheMan

Website design & creation on 13:11 - Jan 12 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Can go quite far on Squarespace as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Website design & creation on 13:14 - Jan 12 with 484 viewsStokieBlue

Squarespace is very easy for setting all that up, shouldn't take much time at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Website design & creation on 13:23 - Jan 12 with 467 viewsgiant_stow

Finsally one I can help / pay back the help I've had over the years!

There are lots of options to do it yourself:

Squarespace - pretty designs, but restricted in what it'll let you do. Not great fro SEO

WIx - more design options (and therefore easier to muff it up). Last time I used it for a client, you had to design the mobile site seperately rather than having a site that is coded to be 'responsive' like squarespace.

Wordpress.com - the .com version of wordpress is ok, but the self-hosted wordpress.org download gives unlimited options in design and content. It's therefore trickier!

If you're paying someone else to do it, the options are limitless and will depend on what functionality you want, but roughly:

You've got the cheap end who will knock up a site for a few hundred. They'll either be kids or poeple from overseas, probably using a Wordpress 'theme' which they'll customise to your needs. Look at peopleperhour.com for a quote on that.

The middle group (like me) who will do it for between £500 - £5 grand

The high end: who will knock up wireframes and hold concept meetings and plan every last detail - starting from 5 grand ish.

When you're picking, if you need help let me know and best of luck

Edit: i forgot a good one for online shopping sites: Shopify: works well and exists only to offer online shopping, so definately a good option. I have a punter who I help with tricky bits, using that to flog very expensive silk pjs - works like a dream for her and she's got the business up, running and selling well using it.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 13:29]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Website design & creation on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 451 viewsblue62

Websites - happily put you in touch with our web developer if that's any help.

As some have said here you can use Squarespace, Shopify, or any of the other off-the-shelf packages. But then you are limited to what they offer.

Definitely will cost more but sometimes worth a bit more expense to get what is right for your business.
Website design & creation on 13:35 - Jan 12 with 429 viewsclive_baker

Thanks for the helpful advice all, really appreciate it.

I'm in the very early, pre revenue throws of scoping out an idea that I think has legs. The supply chain is all there, and I think the market & category case is too.

It'll predominantly be D2C focussed, at least in the first instance, so the website / eShop is vital as it'll be the main touchpoint of the brand. It's the area I have the absolute least experience in, but I'm conscious it needs to be right. I'll take the above advice on board. I'm still fact finding at the moment, but may well take you up on those kind offers of introductions etc.

Thanks again

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Website design & creation on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 412 viewsgiant_stow

Website design & creation on 13:35 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

I'm in the very early, pre revenue throws of scoping out an idea that I think has legs. The supply chain is all there, and I think the market & category case is too.

It'll predominantly be D2C focussed, at least in the first instance, so the website / eShop is vital as it'll be the main touchpoint of the brand. It's the area I have the absolute least experience in, but I'm conscious it needs to be right. I'll take the above advice on board. I'm still fact finding at the moment, but may well take you up on those kind offers of introductions etc.

Thanks again

Pleasure and best of luck with it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Website design & creation on 13:46 - Jan 12 with 409 viewsDarth_Koont

Think ullaa’s range of options and prices are spot on. The value of better website design/functionality, graphic design, copywriting and extras like professional UX and SEO pay off depending on the number of visitors, likely sales volume and the size and quality of the competition online.

If you’re selling something in relatively low volumes, that’s niche and your site will be easy to find then you probably don’t need to overthink it much. If it’s not like that, then focusing on the specific challenge/opportunity (and the professional competence to achieve it) should be well worth investing in.

Edit: Oh and be wary of people who say they can do all of the above, especially as individuals but even as agencies. In my experience, they tend to be good at one or two things and pitch the same solution more often than not. I’d try and identify the key online business challenge/opportunity first and make that the brief, not “we need a website” per se.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 13:56]

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Website design & creation on 13:52 - Jan 12 with 398 viewshoppy

Website design & creation on 13:35 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

Thanks again

If you need any help on the branding side of things, or if there are any touch points that you’d need print design for, then I’d be happy to have a chat with you too.

Have a look at https://www.chenerycreative.com/ to see what we could offer and some work examples.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024