Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid 08:37 - Jan 12 with 1808 viewsgiant_stow

Feels like we've run through all the obvious ones and are now taking fliers on lesser-known shows. So it seems reasonable to list the ones *not* to bother with.

For instance, we started 'Snowpiercer' last night against my better judgement, but mrs ullaa liked the look of it. I think it'll be plop based on the first episode.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:06 - Jan 12 with 1753 viewseastangliaisblue

The Midnight Sky. Don't bother.
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:10 - Jan 12 with 1741 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:06 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

Ta!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:16 - Jan 12 with 1732 viewsPendejo

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:06 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

My wife (English not first language) insisted we watch the last 30 minutes or so twice as she was convinced we'd missed something...

Alas it was simply boring
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 9:16]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:17 - Jan 12 with 1722 viewsKeno

agreed on snowpiecer

Didn't make it as far as the end of the first episode

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:22 - Jan 12 with 1715 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:17 - Jan 12 by Keno

agreed on snowpiecer

Its well ropey innit, but I fear I'm in it for the long haul.

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:29 - Jan 12 with 1696 viewsHalf_Idiot

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:17 - Jan 12 by Keno

agreed on snowpiecer

Is it that bad?

I was considering watching it as I found the film alright.
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:30 - Jan 12 with 1693 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We were thinking of starting that based on how good the film was.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 1685 viewseastangliaisblue

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:16 - Jan 12 by Pendejo

My wife (English not first language) insisted we watch the last 30 minutes or so twice as she was convinced we'd missed something...

Alas it was simply boring
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 9:16]

It's one of those films where you're waiting for something to happen the whole time, and nothing does.
Login to get fewer ads

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:34 - Jan 12 with 1666 viewsKeno

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:29 - Jan 12 by Half_Idiot

Is it that bad?

I was considering watching it as I found the film alright.

It just felt tedious

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:39 - Jan 12 with 1658 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:30 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

We were thinking of starting that based on how good the film was.

I didn't even know there was a film - maybe if you can live with the premise, it'll be alright. I just found it daft and predictable.

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:47 - Jan 12 with 1639 viewsAtmosphere

Money Heist
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 1636 viewsAtmosphere

Money Heist
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:51 - Jan 12 with 1630 viewsMonkeyAlan

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:39 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

I didn't even know there was a film - maybe if you can live with the premise, it'll be alright. I just found it daft and predictable.

The film was good. We have the series bookmarked to watch on Netflix. I do have my reservations though. That's why we haven't started l think.
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:51 - Jan 12 with 1634 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:50 - Jan 12 by Atmosphere

Money Heist

Been tempted a few times, but something puts me off - what's the issue?

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:54 - Jan 12 with 1626 viewsAtmosphere

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:51 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

Been tempted a few times, but something puts me off - what's the issue?

P*ss poor acting and script. And for some reason the lip sync just doesn't do it for me.
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:59 - Jan 12 with 1618 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:54 - Jan 12 by Atmosphere

P*ss poor acting and script. And for some reason the lip sync just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks for the warning (think i'd rather subtitles than lip synching).

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 1614 viewsgiant_stow

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:51 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

The film was good. We have the series bookmarked to watch on Netflix. I do have my reservations though. That's why we haven't started l think.

I feel bad for casting doubt on it now!

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:08 - Jan 12 with 1590 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:39 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

The film's brilliant. Made by the same director who made Parasite.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 1587 viewsArnoldMoorhen

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 09:54 - Jan 12 by Atmosphere

You really can't judge acting based on lip-syncing. I'm watching it with subtitles and it's fine.

I've got to just before the end of the first series, so I can't give it a strong recommendation yet (although others on here have) but it's got some good character dynamics.
thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:29 - Jan 12 with 1582 viewsblueasfook

Cobra Kai.

Just kidding. I love it. Can't wait for Season 4

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Yep, I can't wait for..... on 10:42 - Jan 12 with 1569 viewsBloots

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:29 - Jan 12 by blueasfook

Cobra Kai.

Just kidding. I love it. Can't wait for Season 4

....the kid that was in a coma and paralysed from the neck down last month to win the All Valley Under 18s Karate Championship next month.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Yep, I can't wait for..... on 10:43 - Jan 12 with 1564 viewsblueasfook

Yep, I can't wait for..... on 10:42 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....the kid that was in a coma and paralysed from the neck down last month to win the All Valley Under 18s Karate Championship next month.

ha ha! Yeah that was a bit naff. But Cobra Kai is best enjoyed if not taken too seriously

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 11:31 - Jan 12 with 1523 viewsthecheek

White Lines

Got sucked in by the first episode which was actually reasonably promising, no idea how we made it to the end....it just got worse and worse.....still don't know whether it was meant to be a comedy or not
Yep, I can't wait for..... on 11:36 - Jan 12 with 1516 viewshype313

Yep, I can't wait for..... on 10:43 - Jan 12 by blueasfook

ha ha! Yeah that was a bit naff. But Cobra Kai is best enjoyed if not taken too seriously

It's one of those It's so bad it's good, I think partly down to nostaglia.

if you were watching it without being a fan of the films or hadn't seen them it would be woeful!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 1500 viewsjeera

thread for old netflix hands: shows to avoid on 10:00 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

I feel bad for casting doubt on it now!

You've ruined lives.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024