Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing up for democracy. 12:20 - Jan 12 with 637 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55623752

Footage is pretty scary.
Standing up for democracy. on 12:44 - Jan 12 with 592 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently these people had very real concerns and only did this because nobody listened to them when they said Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza shop basement (in a building without a basement).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Standing up for democracy. on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 578 viewsGuthrum

Standing up for democracy. on 12:44 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Apparently these people had very real concerns and only did this because nobody listened to them when they said Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza shop basement (in a building without a basement).

They're worried about the integrity of the election. There may have been too much of it, causing their favoured candidate to lose.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Standing up for democracy. on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 564 viewsSpruceMoose

Standing up for democracy. on 12:51 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

They're worried about the integrity of the election. There may have been too much of it, causing their favoured candidate to lose.

Quite funny really, when you consider the shape of some of the congressional districts that have been largely gerrymandered by the GOP to their own advantage. As ever, it's only unfair when the other team does it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/05/15/americas-most-gerrymander

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Standing up for democracy. on 13:00 - Jan 12 with 556 viewsSpruceMoose

Standing up for democracy. on 12:57 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Quite funny really, when you consider the shape of some of the congressional districts that have been largely gerrymandered by the GOP to their own advantage. As ever, it's only unfair when the other team does it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/05/15/americas-most-gerrymander

An upvote from Guthers?! Today is going to be a good day!

Standing up for democracy. on 13:23 - Jan 12 with 527 viewsSpruceMoose

Standing up for democracy. on 13:00 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

An upvote from Guthers?! Today is going to be a good day!

A downvote from Factors!? Today is going to be a good day!

Standing up for democracy. on 13:25 - Jan 12 with 522 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the paedophile big tech overlords are filling in basements, then I imagine there's no limit to the depths of depravity they'd sink to.

It's easy to laugh I suppose, but how on earth does anyone believe this sh*t with every ounce of their soul? Enough to take part in an attempted coup. It's beyond insane.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Standing up for democracy. on 13:40 - Jan 12 with 499 viewsGuthrum

Standing up for democracy. on 13:25 - Jan 12 by Swansea_Blue

If the paedophile big tech overlords are filling in basements, then I imagine there's no limit to the depths of depravity they'd sink to.

It's easy to laugh I suppose, but how on earth does anyone believe this sh*t with every ounce of their soul? Enough to take part in an attempted coup. It's beyond insane.

If apparently mainstram news outlets (on the TV) are semi-supporting these narratives, backed up by seemingly authoritative sources on the internet, all of it chiming with the gut feeling that something is wrong and bad influences are at work, then it is hardly surprising that observers - who may not be well-equipped educationally or have experience of the wider world - become sucked in. After that, confirmation bias plus the twin attractions of belonging to a community and of being in on "the truth" take over.

Once down the rabbit hole, hope for a better life (when the bad people are defeated) and the fear of losing face having been taken for a fool will lead more likely to burrowing further in than escape.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Standing up for democracy. on 13:41 - Jan 12 with 496 viewsfactual_blue

Standing up for democracy. on 13:23 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

A downvote from Factors!? Today is going to be a good day!

I'm no monkeyalan though.

p.s. 'Facters'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Standing up for democracy. on 13:54 - Jan 12 with 482 viewsSwansea_Blue

Standing up for democracy. on 13:40 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

If apparently mainstram news outlets (on the TV) are semi-supporting these narratives, backed up by seemingly authoritative sources on the internet, all of it chiming with the gut feeling that something is wrong and bad influences are at work, then it is hardly surprising that observers - who may not be well-equipped educationally or have experience of the wider world - become sucked in. After that, confirmation bias plus the twin attractions of belonging to a community and of being in on "the truth" take over.

Once down the rabbit hole, hope for a better life (when the bad people are defeated) and the fear of losing face having been taken for a fool will lead more likely to burrowing further in than escape.

I find it hard to understand how people get passed that first stage of accepting the lies. It's easy enough to find out when people are lying (as Trump was known for pre-presidency, and our own PM and much of the cabinet have a reputation for doing so too). But then I suppose it's the tribal nature of things (be it supporting a political party, or just wanting to belong/fit in somewhere in the case of conspiracy theorists) that helps that early acceptance of the lies and adoption of your side's position, whatever that may be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Standing up for democracy. on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 455 viewsSpruceMoose

Standing up for democracy. on 13:41 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

I'm no monkeyalan though.

p.s. 'Facters'

I've Americanized you, Factorz.

Standing up for democracy. on 14:15 - Jan 12 with 452 viewsEireannach_gorm

So you're suggesting that wasn't true either!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/us/pizzagate-attack-sentence.html
Standing up for democracy. on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 403 viewsBlueBadger

Fancy that, the only police officer in DC actually doing his job isn't white.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Standing up for democracy. on 14:41 - Jan 12 with 401 viewsBlueBadger

Someone called Trumpy-Wumpy an 'orange nicompoop' and they were just marching on the Capitol to protest about Terrible Lefty Abusive Language.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Standing up for democracy. on 15:19 - Jan 12 with 374 viewsfactual_blue

Standing up for democracy. on 14:12 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

I've Americanized you, Factorz.

cojonez

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024