Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) 16:37 - Jan 12 with 2947 viewsbluevein

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 2027 viewsfooters

OK.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 2011 viewsBluefish

So should you

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 2020 viewsMetal_Hacker

Where ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 2007 viewsJ2BLUE

Chambers has been a great servant and should be remembered fondly but the end of the season does feel the right time for him to move on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1998 viewswkj

As a player, yes, but that is where my frustration ends. He's done as much as a captain can do, and seemed much more of a presence than Carlos Edwards.

I do, however, feel if Chambers want's to keep going he's going to have to be a player coach at best or find a league suited to his athletic level which is clearly declining now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 2002 viewsMonkeyAlan

And Skuse. The older players in this squad appear to dictate too much. They cried over Mick going. They cried over the way Hurst ran things. Now they seem to be doing it again with Lambert. They seem to have a lot of sway and lm not sure it's healthy for the younger players. They have been around too long. Move them on.
6 posts in 2 years.... on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1997 viewsBloots

...and that's the best you could come up with?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 2005 viewsclive_baker

What I've not got my head around, and it applies to both Hurst and Lambert, is why they would want Chambers in the squad. He's got far too much influence, and he's not a good enough player that you would look at him as one you simply can't do without, so I can't work out why he's been kept on. If I took over and wanted to shake things up a bit, the likes of Chambers and Skuse would be the first ones out the door. Nothing personal, and good servants, but ultimately not who I would want around the place. Last summer was the perfect opportunity to manage them both out on good terms and going in a new direction without rocking the apple cart, but inexplicably they were given new deals.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, Skuse has really..... on 16:43 - Jan 12 with 1981 viewsBloots

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

And Skuse. The older players in this squad appear to dictate too much. They cried over Mick going. They cried over the way Hurst ran things. Now they seem to be doing it again with Lambert. They seem to have a lot of sway and lm not sure it's healthy for the younger players. They have been around too long. Move them on.

....been a disappointment this season.

He's got to take most of the blame.

The rotter.

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:44 - Jan 12 with 1968 viewsfooters

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

Skuse and Chambers are good eggs really.

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:45 - Jan 12 with 1959 viewsBlueBadger

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:41 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

Where ?

The coaching staff.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:45 - Jan 12 with 1958 viewswkj

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:44 - Jan 12 by footers

Without a doubt, once went golfing with Skuse and he bought everyone a Solero at the club house. Chambers wanted a magnum though, and guess what... Skuse only went and bought him one.

Top blokes.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 1960 viewsBloots

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:42 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

What I've not got my head around, and it applies to both Hurst and Lambert, is why they would want Chambers in the squad. He's got far too much influence, and he's not a good enough player that you would look at him as one you simply can't do without, so I can't work out why he's been kept on. If I took over and wanted to shake things up a bit, the likes of Chambers and Skuse would be the first ones out the door. Nothing personal, and good servants, but ultimately not who I would want around the place. Last summer was the perfect opportunity to manage them both out on good terms and going in a new direction without rocking the apple cart, but inexplicably they were given new deals.

....this "influence" that Chambers (and Skuse) has is a negative influence.

Not sure why that has become the mantra of a section of our fans.

From what I gather his influence is nothing but positive and if anything he has stopped the dressing room from totally imploding (so far)

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:48 - Jan 12 with 1925 viewsfooters

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:45 - Jan 12 by wkj

Without a doubt, once went golfing with Skuse and he bought everyone a Solero at the club house. Chambers wanted a magnum though, and guess what... Skuse only went and bought him one.

Top blokes.

That nearly brought a tear to my eye, wkj. Thanks so much for sharing.

Yeah, Skuse has really..... on 16:48 - Jan 12 with 1924 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah, Skuse has really..... on 16:43 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....been a disappointment this season.

He's got to take most of the blame.

The rotter.

Yeah, him being on staff at St Joseph's College and not actually playing for us is clearly why we have been shít every Saturday thus season.

MonkeyAlan. What an egg.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:49 - Jan 12 with 1917 viewsclive_baker

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:46 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....this "influence" that Chambers (and Skuse) has is a negative influence.

Not sure why that has become the mantra of a section of our fans.

From what I gather his influence is nothing but positive and if anything he has stopped the dressing room from totally imploding (so far)

Depends who you talk to I guess.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

He's just a bad influence...... on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 1901 viewsBloots

Yeah, Skuse has really..... on 16:48 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Yeah, him being on staff at St Joseph's College and not actually playing for us is clearly why we have been shít every Saturday thus season.

MonkeyAlan. What an egg.

....apparently.

Too much power in the dressing room (that he hasn't been in)

Remarkable stuff.

Skuse out.

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 1896 viewsMonkeyAlan

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:44 - Jan 12 by footers

Good eggs maybe old dear.
Agree totally. (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 1886 viewsBloots

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:49 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

He's just a bad influence...... on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 1876 viewsSpruceMoose

He's just a bad influence...... on 16:50 - Jan 12 by Bloots

....apparently.

Too much power in the dressing room (that he hasn't been in)

Remarkable stuff.

Skuse out.

He probably hid a bag of shrimp behind a radiator in the dressing room before legging it up Birkfield Drive. The stench is behind our bad form. That Skuse. All throughout his career he's been a bad bantzy influence.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:54 - Jan 12 with 1855 viewsBlueBadger

The assumption you are making is that..... on 16:49 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

All those ex-players who had him in a 'best Mick XI', for example?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:54 - Jan 12 with 1848 viewsfooters

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

Good eggs maybe old dear.

But the Chinese 100-year egg is considered quite the delicacy.

Some things just get better with age. And my, doesn't Cole Skuse look dashing with the salt and pepper look?

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 1826 viewschrismakin

What's with the chambers hate.

Its not his fault he was asked on sat to basically look after the right hand side on his own.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If Lambert goes so should Chambers. (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 1824 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

To be fair to the OP Chambers will be 39 by the time Lambert's (current) contract expires - might not be a bad time to think about hanging up the boots.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I remember that story about him..... on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 1767 viewsBloots

He's just a bad influence...... on 16:52 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

He probably hid a bag of shrimp behind a radiator in the dressing room before legging it up Birkfield Drive. The stench is behind our bad form. That Skuse. All throughout his career he's been a bad bantzy influence.

....organising all those strippers the night before the play off semi.

He had everyone up all night snorting coke off their arses.

Those phots of him stumbling through the Buttermarket with his pants round his ankles smashing up the shops with a bollard on his head were brilliant.

What a lad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024