Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao Stokie 19:49 - Jan 12 with 776 viewsbluelagos

C4news about to do a report on no.s of kids in schools.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fao Stokie on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 759 viewshomer_123

Be very interested to hear what they say - what's their findings Lagos?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Fao Stokie on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 753 viewsbluelagos

Fao Stokie on 19:53 - Jan 12 by homer_123

Be very interested to hear what they say - what's their findings Lagos?

They never went into numbers, but highlighted pretty much everything people have been highlighting on here.
Parents who in ld1 home schooled now sending kids in.
Wider definition of key workers (Bankers/Barristers)
Kids with no laptops or quiet space.
A parent who explained how she struggled wfh and home schooling so is sending child in.

And the clincher, the statement that people should work within the 'spirit of the rules' (Heard that before!)
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 20:01]

Fao Stokie on 20:07 - Jan 12 with 724 viewsStokieBlue

Fao Stokie on 19:58 - Jan 12 by bluelagos

They never went into numbers, but highlighted pretty much everything people have been highlighting on here.
Parents who in ld1 home schooled now sending kids in.
Wider definition of key workers (Bankers/Barristers)
Kids with no laptops or quiet space.
A parent who explained how she struggled wfh and home schooling so is sending child in.

And the clincher, the statement that people should work within the 'spirit of the rules' (Heard that before!)
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 20:01]

I didn't see it unfortunately.

That's all pretty much what the anecdotal (and ratios from the Guardian) highlighted on here.

The last one is a bit of a problem though. I am sure every parent struggles when WFH and home schooling. It's not for the parent to just decide to send them in - that's actually not within the rules. If every parent followed her example then the schools would be as full as normal. Our school wouldn't take the child if that was the reason given.

If everyone follows that example we won't control the R at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fao Stokie on 20:10 - Jan 12 with 710 viewsbluelagos

Fao Stokie on 20:07 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

That's all pretty much what the anecdotal (and ratios from the Guardian) highlighted on here.

The last one is a bit of a problem though. I am sure every parent struggles when WFH and home schooling. It's not for the parent to just decide to send them in - that's actually not within the rules. If every parent followed her example then the schools would be as full as normal. Our school wouldn't take the child if that was the reason given.

SB

The parent wasnt a rule breaker as such, she was client facing banker doing her job online.

Will be on +1 in 40 mins. Worth 5 mins if there's nowt else on I guess.

At least it's getting some media coverage.

Fao Stokie on 20:12 - Jan 12 with 704 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fao Stokie on 20:07 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

SB

Looking at the statistics we have to be thankful for the teaching unions forcing the Government's hand.

Without them, we would be into the second week of primary schools completely in and this would have been day 2 of 2/7 year groups as well as key worker children in for secondary. Where we are we have very low numbers in Year 11 and none from Year 12 or 13 so to have those two year groups back (as well then requiring pretty much full staff attendance), would be a massive difference. I am aware of 3 members of staff here having tested positive. I would expect there are others I am not aware of too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fao Stokie on 20:22 - Jan 12 with 674 viewsStokieBlue

Fao Stokie on 20:10 - Jan 12 by bluelagos

The parent wasnt a rule breaker as such, she was client facing banker doing her job online.

But there are countless parents juggling meetings and home schooling. If everyone watches that and follows her example then we will all still be in lockdown come May and everyone will be complaining like mad.

She is not special in regards to being busy, having kids and having to juggle.

SB

Fao Stokie on 20:24 - Jan 12 with 671 viewsSteve_M

A friend of mine who works at a London secondary school has seen best few children in but it seems to be the case - to varying degrees - that primary schools are much busier.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fao Stokie on 20:27 - Jan 12 with 660 viewsbluelagos

Fao Stokie on 20:24 - Jan 12 by Steve_M

A friend of mine who works at a London secondary school has seen best few children in but it seems to be the case - to varying degrees - that primary schools are much busier.

Teenagers are much more independent and need way less supervision I guess with respect to home learning. Keeping a youngun engaged in learning requires far more parental input.

That's my take on it...

Login to get fewer ads

Fao Stokie on 23:24 - Jan 12 with 581 viewsStokieBlue

Fao Stokie on 20:27 - Jan 12 by bluelagos

Teenagers are much more independent and need way less supervision I guess with respect to home learning. Keeping a youngun engaged in learning requires far more parental input.

That's my take on it...

Newsnight have done a section on this tonight which is worth watching covering many different aspects of why the schools are busier and why more people are working.

The government could fix a lot of these issues.

They need to fix these issues, today was the second highest death toll of the entire pandemic.

SB

Fao Stokie on 23:56 - Jan 12 with 559 viewsvapour_trail

She is a rule breaker. If she can work from home, she can have her kids at home. That’s the deal even if you’ve a full day of meetings to work through.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Fao Stokie on 07:42 - Jan 13 with 481 viewsbluelagos

Fao Stokie on 23:56 - Jan 12 by vapour_trail

She is a rule breaker. If she can work from home, she can have her kids at home. That’s the deal even if you’ve a full day of meetings to work through.

Not if you are a key worker. The rules are clear that key workers can send their kids to school.

(Dont shoot the messenger)

Fao Stokie on 07:51 - Jan 13 with 464 viewsbluelagos

Fao Stokie on 23:24 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Newsnight have done a section on this tonight which is worth watching covering many different aspects of why the schools are busier and why more people are working.

The government could fix a lot of these issues.

They need to fix these issues, today was the second highest death toll of the entire pandemic.

SB

Wached it this morning.

I thought the bigger issue (from Newsnight) is the failure to support people to self isolate who have tested positive. Some poorer people are avoiding tests knowing tbat they wont be supported to self isolate if they test positive.

The govt scheme only pays out if you are on benefit and (crucially) if you have been contacted by test and trace. The majoriity of applications are being rejected on that basis it seems. What fcks me off is the govt will change this, but not today. It will take a couple of weeks (or longer) and all the while we continue with low levels of people self isolating when ill. This is not a theoretical risk, this is actually heppening now.

Of course people should follow the rules and self isloate but the govt has failed with it's scheme to financially support them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024