Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti-vaxxer cousin. 21:31 - Jan 12 with 5715 viewseastangliaisblue

So an idiotic cousin of mine, who is constantly sharing anti-vaccine nonsense on social media, has finally driven me over the edge.

The latest post she has shared claims the vaccine gives you a high risk of catching HIV. I mean WTF, what is wrong with these people and how can I be related to such feckwits?

The argument got quite personal but feck it she's had it coming.
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:41 - Jan 12 with 3606 viewsjeera

What was her point? This is FB isn't it.

Surely she must realise she needs to back that up with something?

Although it's not possible because it doesn't make any sense.

These people should be forced to wear badges saying 'fair game' on them or something and be allowed to be shot on sight.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:42 - Jan 12 with 3597 viewsDarth_Koont

You can only ask her for her evidence. Because only evidence will help people survive this Covid/HIV nightmare ...

Push her. Push her into saying how her opinions can save anyone – and won’t just make everything worse.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:50 - Jan 12 with 3571 viewseastangliaisblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:41 - Jan 12 by jeera

These people should be forced to wear badges saying 'fair game' on them or something and be allowed to be shot on sight.

Yeah Facebook. She doesn't have a point, not ever. She just shares this sh1t without actually looking into anything herself. It's no different to Brexiteers, Trump supporters etc. They just believe what they want to believe.
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 with 3558 viewseastangliaisblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:42 - Jan 12 by Darth_Koont

You can only ask her for her evidence. Because only evidence will help people survive this Covid/HIV nightmare ...

Push her. Push her into saying how her opinions can save anyone – and won’t just make everything worse.

I've tried, really I have. She along with the rest of these conspiracy theorists don't seem to have the mental capacity.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:52]
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 with 3552 viewsJ2BLUE

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:41 - Jan 12 by jeera

The infuriating thing about these conspiracy nutters is that they have an answer for everything. It's like arguing with a religious person who says they "just know" god exists and his actions can't be understood by us etc. These nutters just say the evidence has been hidden or the sheeple refuse to see it etc. Anyone who questions is part of the conspiracy. Any evidence going against their theory is disinformation. It goes on and on. You can't beat them asking for evidence. The lack of evidence is the ultimate proof they are right!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 with 3557 viewsStokieBlue

That is one of the more bizarre ones and makes absolutely no sense. You were right to call her out on it even if it was difficult.

Also strange that she's still attaching such a stigma to HIV. People who have HIV nowadays can live a long and normal life and aren't infectious with modern medication.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:58 - Jan 12 with 3510 viewsfactual_blue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:50 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

Yeah Facebook. She doesn't have a point, not ever. She just shares this sh1t without actually looking into anything herself. It's no different to Brexiteers, Trump supporters etc. They just believe what they want to believe.

I think facetwit is rather like being in the school playground when you're about eight. You'll slavishly follow the kids you want to be friends with just to be in with them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:00 - Jan 12 with 3487 viewseastangliaisblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

That is one of the more bizarre ones and makes absolutely no sense. You were right to call her out on it even if it was difficult.

Also strange that she's still attaching such a stigma to HIV. People who have HIV nowadays can live a long and normal life and aren't infectious with modern medication.

SB

That's what I tried to explain to her, but you can't argue with stupid.
Login to get fewer ads

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:05 - Jan 12 with 3441 viewsjeera

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:00 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

Show her this thread.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:07 - Jan 12 with 3429 viewseastangliaisblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:05 - Jan 12 by jeera

Show her this thread.

I'm done with her.
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 3430 viewsfactual_blue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:05 - Jan 12 by jeera

Show her this thread.

And this

https://www.scarymommy.com/dunning-kruger-effect/

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:09 - Jan 12 with 3403 viewsfactual_blue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:07 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

I'm done with her.

That's probably the best thing to do.

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:13 - Jan 12 with 3383 viewsMoriarty

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:00 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

Let stupid be. Her self entitlement has made her immune to common sense and responsibility. Ignore her and avoid her. For safety and peace of mind.

I don’t refer to them as “anti Vaxers”. They are “vax deniers”.

fka omuircheartaigh

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 3366 viewsDarth_Koont

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

I've tried, really I have. She along with the rest of these conspiracy theorists don't seem to have the mental capacity.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:52]

You’re doing right.

Just keep pushing her to give you her solution. There either isn’t one or it’s fecked up enough that you can turn the tables.

And write down “Conspiracy Theory” on a piece of paper so you can just give it to her when she starts babbling.

But I appreciate it’s just family. Don’t get into the details, just make them aware that you don’t want them looking after kids. 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 23:06 - Jan 12 with 3224 viewsChurchman

A good friend of mine is spewing out similar nonsense, but is more into the Bill Gates microchip theory. He doesn’t use Facebook or Twitter, but I’ve long since given up discussing it with him. I tried reason but there is just no point as he won’t change his mind. The irony is that he has the kind of health issues that if he gets C-19 it’ll be goodnight for him. Mad.
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 23:10 - Jan 12 with 3217 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s always the ignorant ones who are so facking sure of themselves. A couple of high school acquaintances on FB - unemployable losers - spend their entire days posting utter nonsense from nut job blogs and dress it up as “got to get the truth out as this what the mainstream media won’t tell you”. Just an endless stream of made-up sheeeite. These damn people revel in their ignorance. We are doomed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 23:18 - Jan 12 with 3184 viewsbournemouthblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

The infuriating thing about these conspiracy nutters is that they have an answer for everything. It's like arguing with a religious person who says they "just know" god exists and his actions can't be understood by us etc. These nutters just say the evidence has been hidden or the sheeple refuse to see it etc. Anyone who questions is part of the conspiracy. Any evidence going against their theory is disinformation. It goes on and on. You can't beat them asking for evidence. The lack of evidence is the ultimate proof they are right!

The irony with the conspiracy nuts is they have been brainwashed and radicalised, just like the 'sheeple' and 'sheep' they seem to think they can save with all their revelations.

The sad thing is, they don't even realise it, they genuinely think they're on some kind of crusade to save the planet.

This is the problem you get when you have someone like Trump who has happily fed on their paranoia and agitated it for his own gains. We have seen just how serious a threat that can be now with the attempted putsch at the Capitol. Four people lost their lives because Trump couldn't accept the results of democracy.

The success the Neo-Nazis perceive from the insurrection will only buoy them sadly, particularly for Biden's inauguration.

It's still questionable, why the security outside the building was so lax, it won't be for the inauguration, I'm sure. There's talk the nutters will riot in all the major state capitals which is a bigger worry, that might be how they spread their chaos.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 06:53 - Jan 13 with 2887 viewsm14_blue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 23:10 - Jan 12 by Illinoisblue

It’s always the ignorant ones who are so facking sure of themselves. A couple of high school acquaintances on FB - unemployable losers - spend their entire days posting utter nonsense from nut job blogs and dress it up as “got to get the truth out as this what the mainstream media won’t tell you”. Just an endless stream of made-up sheeeite. These damn people revel in their ignorance. We are doomed.

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 07:13 - Jan 13 with 2825 viewsSteve_M

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:52 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

That's just not true and here's a link to five YouTube videos to prove it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 07:15 - Jan 13 with 2818 viewseastangliaisblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 06:53 - Jan 13 by m14_blue

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”

Ain't that the truth!
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 08:14 - Jan 13 with 2705 viewsChurchman

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 23:18 - Jan 12 by bournemouthblue

The irony with the conspiracy nuts is they have been brainwashed and radicalised, just like the 'sheeple' and 'sheep' they seem to think they can save with all their revelations.

The sad thing is, they don't even realise it, they genuinely think they're on some kind of crusade to save the planet.

This is the problem you get when you have someone like Trump who has happily fed on their paranoia and agitated it for his own gains. We have seen just how serious a threat that can be now with the attempted putsch at the Capitol. Four people lost their lives because Trump couldn't accept the results of democracy.

The success the Neo-Nazis perceive from the insurrection will only buoy them sadly, particularly for Biden's inauguration.

It's still questionable, why the security outside the building was so lax, it won't be for the inauguration, I'm sure. There's talk the nutters will riot in all the major state capitals which is a bigger worry, that might be how they spread their chaos.

With regard to security and watching the coverage at the time, it struck me that their response planning was sort of Westminster late 70s level. Add in how their police forces were not integrated and no command and control and there you have it. Americans are great planners and organisers and I’m sure this sort of thing won’t happen again there.

However, had this been a BLM protest, the response would have been very different, as Biden and many others (including people on this board) have pointed out. That raises far more questions than sorting out physical barriers, as London has, and developing effective response.
Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 09:54 - Jan 13 with 2600 viewsfactual_blue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 06:53 - Jan 13 by m14_blue

Bertrand Russell used to meet one of his mistresses at house in Lavenham about one hundred years ago.

Appropriately for a philosopher the house is called Ponders.

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 2528 viewsGuthrum

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 21:50 - Jan 12 by eastangliaisblue

Mainly because the real world is too unpleasant - or too dull - for many people to face. Most sublimate that by playing games or losing themselves in TV drama*. But some get drawn into pseudo-realities such as the fantasy worlds built by conspiracy theorists instead. Unfortunately, if they take hold, that can have consequences, such as who gets voted into power and whether public health campaigns work.

* A very long tradition, stretching back to the heroic epics of ancient times.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 11:02 - Jan 13 with 2499 viewsbournemouthblue

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 08:14 - Jan 13 by Churchman

With regard to security and watching the coverage at the time, it struck me that their response planning was sort of Westminster late 70s level. Add in how their police forces were not integrated and no command and control and there you have it. Americans are great planners and organisers and I’m sure this sort of thing won’t happen again there.

However, had this been a BLM protest, the response would have been very different, as Biden and many others (including people on this board) have pointed out. That raises far more questions than sorting out physical barriers, as London has, and developing effective response.

I have no doubt, the US authorities have the means to purge any issue really

You only have to see the level of response at BLM protests and that to me raises serious questions about political interference potentially, even at Presidential level

The Trump cultists were very organised and clearly planned for it but you do have to question why security was so poor, it looks suspicious to me

I can't believe their intelligence services wouldn't have seen it coming, they are very well resourced?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 2491 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anti-vaxxer cousin. on 09:54 - Jan 13 by factual_blue

Bertrand Russell used to meet one of his mistresses at house in Lavenham about one hundred years ago.

Appropriately for a philosopher the house is called Ponders.

Obviously to discuss set theory...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024