Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal 00:16 - Jan 13 with 3723 viewsCoco

I’m really hoping he is as successful at improving our first team as:

Colin Quaner
Will Keane
James Bree
Simon Dawkins
Josh Earl
Anthony Georgiou
Will Norris
Keanan Bennetts

All were/are a expertly selected and a fabulous use of resources.

If only we still had Jordan Roberts to play as a lone striker!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 00:21 - Jan 13 with 3509 viewsDubtractor

Simon Dawkins FFS.

Fair to say that Lambert hasn't played the loan/short term market very well since he has been here!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 00:31 - Jan 13 with 3469 viewsMrTown

I didn’t think James Bree was a bad footballer actually.

No one stands out from the rest though do they. Simon Dawkins.... for all the wrong reasons, honestly wtf was going on there - that should have been a sackable offence alone.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 00:47 - Jan 13 with 3432 viewsdominiciawful

Not forgetting Callum Elder.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 01:23 - Jan 13 with 3372 viewsIllinoisblue

Some crackers on that list! Whatever happened to Cyprus Tony?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 3046 viewsdavblue

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 00:31 - Jan 13 by MrTown

I didn’t think James Bree was a bad footballer actually.

No one stands out from the rest though do they. Simon Dawkins.... for all the wrong reasons, honestly wtf was going on there - that should have been a sackable offence alone.

yeah James Bree who plays in the Championship with Luton.

Quaner wasn't awful, Bennetts i can't see how he can be deemed a flop, he's raw but there's potential there. Earl was ok also. Im not saying that list there were good ones but i'd have liked to see some of them in a well coached team.
Funnily enough, I think.... on 09:13 - Jan 13 with 3041 viewsBloots

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 01:23 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

....he's about to go to Cyprus.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:18 - Jan 13 with 3020 viewsLeaky

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 00:21 - Jan 13 by Dubtractor

Simon Dawkins FFS.

Fair to say that Lambert hasn't played the loan/short term market very well since he has been here!

Didn't Lambert point out after his appointment that he didn't favour having player's on loan
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:42 - Jan 13 with 2965 viewsitfcjoe

I'd imagine the deals to bring in Thomas and Harrop we are trying to complete will cost us more than paying up Lambert's contract.....funny old world

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:45 - Jan 13 with 2948 viewsTieDyedIn95

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:12 - Jan 13 by davblue

Quaner wasn't awful, Bennetts i can't see how he can be deemed a flop, he's raw but there's potential there. Earl was ok also. Im not saying that list there were good ones but i'd have liked to see some of them in a well coached team.

I'd say 1 goal in near 20 games is considered a flop when you are a striker in the English third division.

Chambers has scored more.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:50 - Jan 13 with 2918 viewsRadlett_blue

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 01:23 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

Tony Georgiou went on loan to Bolton last season, but was injured so hardly played. I guess he's nowhere near the Spurs first team squad so he'll be looking for a club as his Spurs contact is up this year. He was best mates with the son of a friend of mine who spent some time at the Spurs academy, who said he was a cracking lad with a great attitude so I hope he finds another club. Maybe he'll go to Cyprus as he has played for the national team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:51 - Jan 13 with 2910 viewsdavblue

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:45 - Jan 13 by TieDyedIn95

I'd say 1 goal in near 20 games is considered a flop when you are a striker in the English third division.

Chambers has scored more.

When did Quaner play for us in the 3rd division? I must have missed that.

4 goals in 16 appearances in the championship in a god awful team.

If you are talking about Bennett’s then it’s 1 goal in 14 appearances most of which have been sub appearances. And he’s not a striker either.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 9:53]
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:53 - Jan 13 with 2899 viewsRadlett_blue

Given our fitness record & the fact that Harrop has had hamstring issues, this looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 2774 viewsStadiumofdark

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:51 - Jan 13 by davblue

When did Quaner play for us in the 3rd division? I must have missed that.

4 goals in 16 appearances in the championship in a god awful team.

If you are talking about Bennett’s then it’s 1 goal in 14 appearances most of which have been sub appearances. And he’s not a striker either.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 9:53]

i love big Colin.
He's just given me a signed shirt - unfortunately a Huddersfield one!

And now he's gone to Scotland. What a decline!
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 2717 viewsBluefish

Quaner wasn't awful? What? Eh? Pardon?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:26 - Jan 13 with 2666 viewsDubtractor

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:09 - Jan 13 by Bluefish

Indeed. He was pretty crap really.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:47 - Jan 13 with 2611 viewsLankHenners

In addition to having a problem with injuries, he's only played just under 200 minutes in the league, started once (played the whole 90), with one of the games he played he came on as an enforced substitution in the first half.

It'll probably be relatively expensive, he counts as part of the salary cap, and if we wanted an attacking midfielder that can operate in wide positions then we should be giving El Mizouni game time. Struggled for regular football but has played more and his attacking stats are comparatively very good with the rest of the Cambridge team despite the lack of minutes.

Harrop may have talent but it seems a bit of a daft one, especially with Bishop allegedly closing in on a return.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 13:11 - Jan 13 with 2565 viewsdavblue

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:09 - Jan 13 by Bluefish

He wasn't he was ok, there's more layers to players rather than brilliant or awful.
He was ok, nothing more nothing less(OK isn't good by the way)
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 2512 viewsBluefish

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 13:11 - Jan 13 by davblue

He wasn't he was ok, there's more layers to players rather than brilliant or awful.
He was ok, nothing more nothing less(OK isn't good by the way)

I just expect footballers to do things like control a football or head a football or kick it near where it is supposed to go. I'm sure he did other things well, putting his kit on, getting onnand off the team coach etc

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:01 - Jan 13 with 2496 viewsDubtractor

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 13:59 - Jan 13 by Bluefish

I just expect footballers to do things like control a football or head a football or kick it near where it is supposed to go. I'm sure he did other things well, putting his kit on, getting onnand off the team coach etc

For me it is simple, we brought him (and others) in for a decent outlay, and inexplicably seemed to get worse.

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:12 - Jan 13 with 2453 viewsMrTown

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 09:42 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

I'd imagine the deals to bring in Thomas and Harrop we are trying to complete will cost us more than paying up Lambert's contract.....funny old world

It will be a funny old thing when come the end of the season. Harrop and Thomas have made no difference to our form, we still finish 9th, Lambert still needs a pay off, season ticket renewals down 50% and Evans sat there thinking 'whilst I just can't see where it has gone wrong'.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:12 - Jan 13 with 2450 viewsPhilTWTD

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:12 - Jan 13 by MrTown

It will be a funny old thing when come the end of the season. Harrop and Thomas have made no difference to our form, we still finish 9th, Lambert still needs a pay off, season ticket renewals down 50% and Evans sat there thinking 'whilst I just can't see where it has gone wrong'.

Think it's probably either/or rather than both of them.
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:14 - Jan 13 with 2423 viewsdavblue

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:01 - Jan 13 by Dubtractor

For me it is simple, we brought him (and others) in for a decent outlay, and inexplicably seemed to get worse.

That's happened to quite a few here in Lamberts time.
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:14 - Jan 13 with 2424 viewstractorboy1978

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:12 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Think it's probably either/or rather than both of them.

EADT seem to think we want two attacking options.
IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:16 - Jan 13 with 2411 viewsrickw

We don't want to be getting loans who are ok or have potential - we should only get a loan if they are considerably better than what we have.

Compare that to Jim getting in Dos Santos, or Mick getting Fraser, Lawrence or Celina who were all a big step on what we had .
Yes they signed plenty who weren't too, but when your biggest success is a solid right back in Bree....

However Harrop has impressed me when I've seen him before - so maybe he's the one to change the list!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 14:17]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 2401 viewsCoco

IF Lambert can pull of this Harrop loan deal on 12:47 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

In addition to having a problem with injuries, he's only played just under 200 minutes in the league, started once (played the whole 90), with one of the games he played he came on as an enforced substitution in the first half.

It'll probably be relatively expensive, he counts as part of the salary cap, and if we wanted an attacking midfielder that can operate in wide positions then we should be giving El Mizouni game time. Struggled for regular football but has played more and his attacking stats are comparatively very good with the rest of the Cambridge team despite the lack of minutes.

Harrop may have talent but it seems a bit of a daft one, especially with Bishop allegedly closing in on a return.

Agree with all of that but sorry...

'especially with Bishop allegedly closing in on a return'

LOL

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024