Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board 10:59 - Jan 13 with 2189 viewshype313

Remember when you used to hear those chants, and it wasn't long before things changed, unfortunately these days it's not so simple, especially in our case.

My anger is more towards Evans than it is Lambert, which has been bubbling for a while, he is the root cause of our demise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 2130 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert is the one frustrating me more in the main, but decisions like this just show how out of touch and clueless he is as an owner which is a massive concern for the future of the club

He could turn the mood round in one foul swoop, but won't and so much goodwill is being lost

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 2118 viewsKeno

While agree about Evans there is also the sense of 'change what you can change'

in the current climate he may find it difficult to find a buyer for ITFC but he could find a new manager

Lamberk is obviously not the man for that job and Evans should address that as soon as possible

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:14 - Jan 13 with 2098 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:09 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Lambert is the one frustrating me more in the main, but decisions like this just show how out of touch and clueless he is as an owner which is a massive concern for the future of the club

He could turn the mood round in one foul swoop, but won't and so much goodwill is being lost

Thing is Joe, there really isn't much goodwill left, I know hardly anyone in my group who have anything positive to say about the club, bar a few of the younger players, they have totally detached themselves from the management up to Evans, all of the 7 I know who have ST have cancelled DD's.

This past 6 months has pushed them, and myself included, over the edge.

It's going to take a monumental effort to build bridges with a large section of the fanbase, and I don't think the club have good enough PR to woo people back.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 2076 viewsKeno

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:14 - Jan 13 by hype313

Thing is Joe, there really isn't much goodwill left, I know hardly anyone in my group who have anything positive to say about the club, bar a few of the younger players, they have totally detached themselves from the management up to Evans, all of the 7 I know who have ST have cancelled DD's.

This past 6 months has pushed them, and myself included, over the edge.

It's going to take a monumental effort to build bridges with a large section of the fanbase, and I don't think the club have good enough PR to woo people back.

which is why I think if there id a change we could see a Dyer/Butcher combo at the helm

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 2073 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:11 - Jan 13 by Keno

While agree about Evans there is also the sense of 'change what you can change'

in the current climate he may find it difficult to find a buyer for ITFC but he could find a new manager

Lamberk is obviously not the man for that job and Evans should address that as soon as possible

He's put all his eggs, financial ones into Lambert, that with doubling down against the fans and media means he will stick to his guns and keep faith with lambert regardless of what happens.

Shocking state of affairs.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 2075 viewsRegencyBlue

He could and should change the manager now but we will just be in the same position in a couple of years time at most unless he goes as well.

I genuinely do not see any manager being able to succeed under our current ownership. Whoever is in the managers seat is set up to fail from the off.
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 2062 viewsitfcjoe

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 by hype313

He's put all his eggs, financial ones into Lambert, that with doubling down against the fans and media means he will stick to his guns and keep faith with lambert regardless of what happens.

Financially though we could get shot of Lambert for a not dissimilar to figure as it will take to bring in Harrop and Thomas, that is what is mental

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 2039 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:21 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Financially though we could get shot of Lambert for a not dissimilar to figure as it will take to bring in Harrop and Thomas, that is what is mental

It's absurd Joe, I have no real interest in either of these two players, we already have a squad perfectly suited to get out of this league, it just needs a coherent, formulated manager willing to put the pieces of the puzzle together, nothing Lambert has done suggests he has the intelligence or gravitas to do that.

We could sign De Bruyne and still be no further forward with Lambert in charge.

Login to get fewer ads

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 2039 viewsbournemouthblue

Again I'm not completely critical of Lambert because I do think Evans has caused him a lot of issues

Yes, he has made puzzling tactical decisions and hasn't helped himself but experienced managers seem to keep making the same mistakes again and again under Evans and that even includes McCarthy who had some modicum of success under him

Lambert can go and the misery will continue, of that I am sure

The only way truly out of it is if a new owner takes over and knows how to run a sports club. I use the term sport rather than football because a lot of things apply across all elite sports, you have to get the structure right. There are people out there who understand this, I'm not convinced Evans does.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 2008 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:24 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

Again I'm not completely critical of Lambert because I do think Evans has caused him a lot of issues

Yes, he has made puzzling tactical decisions and hasn't helped himself but experienced managers seem to keep making the same mistakes again and again under Evans and that even includes McCarthy who had some modicum of success under him

The only way truly out of it is if a new owner takes over and knows how to run a sports club. I use the term sport rather than football because a lot of things apply across all elite sports, you have to get the structure right. There are people out there who understand this, I'm not convinced Evans does.

The fact of the matter is that Evans is a chancer, he thought a quick buck could get him to bigger riches and it has gone disastrously wrong, it's either got too expensive for him or he's just not willing to commit to try and improve things.

He's probably just as desperate to separate himself from this mess as much as we are from him.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 1932 viewsSouperJim

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 by hype313

I think the only thing us fans can do is make Lamert's position untenable. Which is tough when we're not in the ground and able to make our voices heard in the traditional manner.

Lambert really is stealing a living as a result of covid. And our future is going down the pan in the process. I fear history will show his tenure here put the club back years.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:48 - Jan 13 with 1918 viewsistanblue

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:28 - Jan 13 by hype313

The fact of the matter is that Evans is a chancer, he thought a quick buck could get him to bigger riches and it has gone disastrously wrong, it's either got too expensive for him or he's just not willing to commit to try and improve things.

He's probably just as desperate to separate himself from this mess as much as we are from him.

Then why doesn't he want to sell to anyone?
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:50 - Jan 13 with 1903 viewschrismakin

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:24 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

I Disagree to a point

you know what youre working with under Evans, you have time, but his directive is to entertain the fans - the fans showed their want for this under Mick

Lambert is the only one who can decide where he plays players, sticking the likes of Jackson, Sears, Judge etc on the flanks, the constant refusal to play 2 uptop etc, that's all lambert

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 1886 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:48 - Jan 13 by istanblue

Then why doesn't he want to sell to anyone?

I think he quite clearly does but like he stated in that interview, there's hardly a queue forming with offers.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 12:20 - Jan 13 with 1842 viewsTieDyedIn95

I remember in 1994 we run onto the pitch, ousted Lyall, got Burley and we helped usher in the third most successful period of the club.

In 2019 we treated relegation like a promotion.

I don't know what happened to our support, we used to have much higher standards but some have accepted this fate for whatever reason.

We need to do what we did in 94 and force change.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 1770 viewsSuperCoops

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 12:20 - Jan 13 by TieDyedIn95

I remember in 1994 we run onto the pitch, ousted Lyall, got Burley and we helped usher in the third most successful period of the club.

In 2019 we treated relegation like a promotion.

I don't know what happened to our support, we used to have much higher standards but some have accepted this fate for whatever reason.

We need to do what we did in 94 and force change.

You seem to have very simplistic view. Just because you force change, that doesn't guarantee success.

Look at Wigan? Change of owner has brought chaos. Watford have continually changed ownership. Bolton too.

And we thought we had heralded a new era when MM left, wasn't quite as simple as that.

I want both ME and PL gone, but it won't necessarily breed 'success' either in the long or short term.
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 12:57 - Jan 13 with 1763 viewsRegencyBlue

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:53 - Jan 13 by hype313

I think he quite clearly does but like he stated in that interview, there's hardly a queue forming with offers.

He had two that he knocked back but which he claimed were not in the best interests of the club.

The worry here is that he still thinks he can get some meaningful money for the club. I’m no business expert but it’s value must have been minimal even before the pandemic and must be even worse now. My guess is he would have to virtually give it away if he is being realistic.
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:04 - Jan 13 with 1747 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 12:57 - Jan 13 by RegencyBlue

He had two that he knocked back but which he claimed were not in the best interests of the club.

The worry here is that he still thinks he can get some meaningful money for the club. I’m no business expert but it’s value must have been minimal even before the pandemic and must be even worse now. My guess is he would have to virtually give it away if he is being realistic.

But what's it worth? If he's having to dig in £6m a year to keep things afloat then if someone came along and said he's a quid to take it off your hands he would be a fool not to.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:06 - Jan 13 with 1743 viewsPlums

Remember when we used to sing ‘Robert Chase is a football genius’. It might help our cause if our friends up the road could mock Evans in a similar vein...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:09 - Jan 13 with 1727 viewsPlums

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:21 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Different budgets though innit? The FD would have a fit if they had to move sums between them...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:14 - Jan 13 with 1713 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 11:18 - Jan 13 by Keno

which is why I think if there id a change we could see a Dyer/Butcher combo at the helm

Do you honestly believe those two are the answer Keno ?

Not saying you're wrong and not saying I have the answer either BUT....I wouldn't be 100% sure

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:18 - Jan 13 with 1701 viewsSuperCoops

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:14 - Jan 13 by Metal_Hacker

Not saying you're wrong and not saying I have the answer either BUT....I wouldn't be 100% sure

I have to agree with you. As much as I like Dyer and Butcher, they tick no boxes for me other than they're an Ipswich connection. Have they got the skills, experience, contacts and nouce to get us moving in the right direction? For me, I have doubts.

I'd rather Frank Yallop as at least he's had experience at managing and at a higher level in more recent times.
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:25 - Jan 13 with 1685 viewshype313

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:14 - Jan 13 by Metal_Hacker

I'd take Dyer and Butcher over Lambert right now, but in an ideal world I'd prefer someone like Danny Cowley.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:29 - Jan 13 with 1674 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:25 - Jan 13 by hype313

I'd take Dyer and Butcher over Lambert right now, but in an ideal world I'd prefer someone like Danny Cowley.

I think there's only one answer for me and that is Danny Cowley as you say

I'm swayed by a lot I read from Joe a couple of months ago and took bit more of a look ref his time at Huddersfield and yeah I've changed my opinion

I'd take Cowley for sure .Would I take right now Dyer and Butcher over Lamberk right now ? Probably so for the remainder of the season if it had to be done that way but long term...I don't think so

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 16:36 - Jan 13 with 1544 viewsRegencyBlue

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board on 13:04 - Jan 13 by hype313

But what's it worth? If he's having to dig in £6m a year to keep things afloat then if someone came along and said he's a quid to take it off your hands he would be a fool not to.

It has no real worth but my point is does Evans accept that yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024