Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition 11:23 - Jan 13 with 5352 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:29 - Jan 13 with 2445 viewsbournemouthblue

We live in an era where a celebrity could end up PM, in fact we probably already have it with Boris but a mainstream celebrity could easily win election.

Ukraine literally did it, didn't they? It's the modern way

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:31 - Jan 13 with 2433 viewsclive_baker

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:29 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

We live in an era where a celebrity could end up PM, in fact we probably already have it with Boris but a mainstream celebrity could easily win election.

Trump did it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:32 - Jan 13 with 2425 viewsfooters

Surprised he didn't accuse Rashford of talking his coutry down.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 2379 viewsSouperJim

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:29 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

Ronald Reagan probably also counts

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 2371 viewsStokieBlue

Whether that's a bad thing entirely depends on the celebrity.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 2368 viewsclive_baker

Knocked salty Liverpool off the top of the Premier League and pulling the strings in government.

My guy.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 2348 viewsfooters

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:43 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Whether that's a bad thing entirely depends on the celebrity.

SB

Someone comforting, like Mary Berry or Ainsley Harriott, would be my shout.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 2352 viewsBasuco

"He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable."
Is it the fact that the meals are being shown as inadequate and hugely over priced or that images of any hamper should not be shown?
The big question is, were the contents shown agreed by the government for the price or have Chartwells not delivered the amount of food they agreed when given the contract?
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:46 - Jan 13 with 2325 viewsclive_baker

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:45 - Jan 13 by footers

Give it Brian Cox til end o' season.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 2328 viewsfooters

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:45 - Jan 13 by Basuco

"He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable."
Is it the fact that the meals are being shown as inadequate and hugely over priced or that images of any hamper should not be shown?
The big question is, were the contents shown agreed by the government for the price or have Chartwells not delivered the amount of food they agreed when given the contract?

Williamson said this an hour ago:

"The minister for children [Vicky Ford] met with Chartwells yesterday. Chartwells made it absolutely clear that this isn’t acceptable and they’ve apologised for this.

We’ll support any school that needs to take action against any contractor and we will name and shame any of those that are not delivering against the standards."

So I'm guessing no retrospective investigation/action will take place.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 2325 viewsSwansea_Blue

He certainly seems more effective. Although Angela Raynor has been all over this in fairness to her/Labour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:51 - Jan 13 with 2293 viewsbluelagos

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers by bluelagos 12 Jan 2021 9:39
I see Marcus Rashford is now onto it, we can all step down :-)

:-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:55 - Jan 13 with 2270 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:51 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Replacement “Free Lunch” boxes that have replaced £30 vouchers by bluelagos 12 Jan 2021 9:39
I see Marcus Rashford is now onto it, we can all step down :-)

:-)

Marcus Rashford is a nightmare for this government.

He doesn’t make party political points. He’s always polite when putting across his argument. Doesn’t get abusive or start ranting.

There is no way to deal with him other than to comply.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:57 - Jan 13 with 2260 viewsbluelagos

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:55 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

Marcus Rashford is a nightmare for this government.

He doesn’t make party political points. He’s always polite when putting across his argument. Doesn’t get abusive or start ranting.

There is no way to deal with him other than to comply.

It's almost quite funny - him stating he has spoken to BJ.

Why not just summons him up to Manchester to explain himself Marcus!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:04 - Jan 13 with 2231 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 11:45 - Jan 13 by footers

I have an irrational dislike of Mary Berry, so that's a no from me!
Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 2191 viewsTieDyedIn95

Unlike a politician though, he's not gone for point scoring, he's had a reasonable conversation with the PM and hopefully will get it resolved. The PM (regardless of what party) isn't there to micromanage every detail of every policy. He probably looked at it like we did and though it was madness.

Micromanaging for PM's is impossible, however with the system we have, it's actually beneficial for opposition parties to see Governments fail and problems remained unsolved so they can win votes (and thus jobs/money) at the next election.

Rashford is independent of that, he sees a problem, he tries to fix it because he gains nothing from the issue not being resolved.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:26 - Jan 13 with 2162 viewsmonytowbray

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:15 - Jan 13 by TieDyedIn95

Unlike a politician though, he's not gone for point scoring, he's had a reasonable conversation with the PM and hopefully will get it resolved. The PM (regardless of what party) isn't there to micromanage every detail of every policy. He probably looked at it like we did and though it was madness.

Micromanaging for PM's is impossible, however with the system we have, it's actually beneficial for opposition parties to see Governments fail and problems remained unsolved so they can win votes (and thus jobs/money) at the next election.

Rashford is independent of that, he sees a problem, he tries to fix it because he gains nothing from the issue not being resolved.

Well, apart from all the public awareness Rashford has raised in the first place to be taken as a serious threat by the PM.

Most of us don’t have that luxury.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 2125 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 12:26 - Jan 13 by monytowbray

Well, apart from all the public awareness Rashford has raised in the first place to be taken as a serious threat by the PM.

Most of us don’t have that luxury.

Indeed. Bizarre that the people we actually gave a platform to to represent us are perfectly happy voting against free school meals or posturing on family values and not actually taking care of the people and kids who make up families.

Someone like Rashford taking a stand is the only way round a flawed democracy and self-interested political and media class. And I hope people aren’t falsely cheered by this and don’t stop to ask why we have millions in need of basic living support.

There’ll be 5 million kids living in poverty by 2022 and decades of social costs attached to that. Free school meals is barely scratching the surface.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:21 - Jan 13 with 2041 viewsLankHenners

Strange scenes at PMQs where Johnson in effect says Rashford is doing a better job than Starmer at holding the government to account on things like this because he's making them change the way they do things and properly go into action.

Don't think he's wrong either.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 2031 viewsSomethingBlue

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:21 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

Strange scenes at PMQs where Johnson in effect says Rashford is doing a better job than Starmer at holding the government to account on things like this because he's making them change the way they do things and properly go into action.

Bit weird how the line ends up being: "Tories accept they're doing a sh7t job but look at Starmer" though. What a world ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:26 - Jan 13 with 2018 viewsfooters

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:21 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

Starmer needs some fire in his belly and to invent a personality sharpish. He's a politician now, not a QC.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:29 - Jan 13 with 1998 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:26 - Jan 13 by footers

Starmer needs some fire in his belly and to invent a personality sharpish. He's a politician now, not a QC.

Boris has lot's of personality - doesn't make him competent.

Starmer is leaps and bounds better than his predecessor.
Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:31 - Jan 13 with 1987 viewsfooters

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:29 - Jan 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Boris has lot's of personality - doesn't make him competent.

Starmer is leaps and bounds better than his predecessor.

I never said it did and I never said he wasn't.

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:50 - Jan 13 with 1932 viewsLankHenners

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:23 - Jan 13 by SomethingBlue

Bit weird how the line ends up being: "Tories accept they're doing a sh7t job but look at Starmer" though. What a world ...

Agree, very odd. Shooting himself through the arm in the hope of hitting Starmer in the chest.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 1844 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like we have a new leader of the opposition on 13:23 - Jan 13 by SomethingBlue

Remarkably “meta” comment where Johnson reveals just how buried they are in the game of politics.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024