Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrop 18:35 - Jan 13 with 5208 viewstrueblues78

Nothing groundbreaking I know but I never have info. My mate is a PNE fan and knows Harrop. The lad is keen to come to Town. He has spoken to other clubs but Town came across the best in discussions. He is desperate to play regular first team football and feels like he would fit in at Town. The whole thing is being held up by PNE at the moment.

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

Harrop on 18:43 - Jan 13 with 4409 viewsPhilTWTD

That is in line with what I've heard. As I said in the story, I think he was the player Stuart Taylor was talking about that was close to coming in last week. Preston signing someone is part of the equation with Ben Whiteman close to joining them from Doncaster. Let me know if you hear more from your mate!
Harrop on 18:47 - Jan 13 with 4331 viewsKeno

Harrop on 18:43 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

That is in line with what I've heard. As I said in the story, I think he was the player Stuart Taylor was talking about that was close to coming in last week. Preston signing someone is part of the equation with Ben Whiteman close to joining them from Doncaster. Let me know if you hear more from your mate!

I dont get this loan move

Do we really need another injury prone central midfielder, haven't we got enough of those already?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Harrop on 19:00 - Jan 13 with 4272 viewsStenvict

Harrop on 18:47 - Jan 13 by Keno

Do we really need another injury prone central midfielder, haven't we got enough of those already?

Adds to the 'more bad luck' narrative for Lambert

Poll: What will be announced first?

Harrop on 19:06 - Jan 13 with 4248 viewsPhilTWTD

Harrop on 18:47 - Jan 13 by Keno

Had a cruciate a couple of years ago but played throughout last season, so I don't think it's still impacting him.
Harrop on 19:07 - Jan 13 with 4234 viewsBluefish

What do you make of El Miz in this? Recalled but not in the squad, to be sold or loaned again. Seems unlikely that Shambert is going to play him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Harrop on 19:08 - Jan 13 with 4232 viewsPhilTWTD

Harrop on 19:06 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Had a cruciate a couple of years ago but played throughout last season, so I don't think it's still impacting him.

But I take your point re central midfielders. He's a number 10 and we've already got Judge, Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni who see that as their best role.
Harrop on 19:09 - Jan 13 with 4227 viewsPhilTWTD

Harrop on 19:07 - Jan 13 by Bluefish

What do you make of El Miz in this? Recalled but not in the squad, to be sold or loaned again. Seems unlikely that Shambert is going to play him

From what I gather El Mizouni wanted to come back as he wasn't getting a game. Will probably go on another loan I reckon.
Harrop on 19:10 - Jan 13 with 4194 viewsKeno

Harrop on 19:08 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

But I take your point re central midfielders. He's a number 10 and we've already got Judge, Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni who see that as their best role.

Thats exactly kind of what I mean

I just dont see the point

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Harrop on 19:10 - Jan 13 with 4212 viewsMrTown

Harrop on 19:07 - Jan 13 by Bluefish

I think El Miz will be going back on loan.

I think brought back on a precautionary basis.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Harrop on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 4198 viewscatch74

Perhaps if they just tell Lambert they can play there, like Jackson wide, then he’ll give them a go.
To be fair Judge is getting his crack of the whip.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Harrop on 19:16 - Jan 13 with 4159 viewsPhilTWTD

Harrop on 19:10 - Jan 13 by Keno

Thats exactly kind of what I mean

I just dont see the point

Not what I'd be looking to add to the squad either, think we need a bit of grit in midfield, although Downes coming back should add to that hopefully.
Harrop on 19:19 - Jan 13 with 4120 viewshomer_123

Judge had been ineffective.

Dobra has done OK but not ripped any trees up.

Lankester coming back after a long lay off.

El Mi is obviously not seen as 1st team material yet.

So Harrop in a number 10 role would make sense but.....I bet you that isn't where Lambert would play him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Harrop on 19:27 - Jan 13 with 4046 viewsthebooks

Harrop on 19:16 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Not what I'd be looking to add to the squad either, think we need a bit of grit in midfield, although Downes coming back should add to that hopefully.

Tactically and squad wise, a number 10 is bottom of the list of what we need, I reckon. Maybe move Dozzell forward, like Mick Mills suggests. I think Judge is actually playing pretty well there at the moment.

It’s an Ipswich thing, stockpiling central midfielders.

What I think we need is a real character, a relatively big-name signing to shake things up. Piddling around with middling players is pointless. Our problems don’t need a tactical tweak.

I don’t know how good Harrop is, or what he’s like, so I could well be wrong.
Harrop on 19:32 - Jan 13 with 3982 viewscatch74

Harrop on 19:27 - Jan 13 by thebooks

Tactically and squad wise, a number 10 is bottom of the list of what we need, I reckon. Maybe move Dozzell forward, like Mick Mills suggests. I think Judge is actually playing pretty well there at the moment.

What I think we need is a real character, a relatively big-name signing to shake things up. Piddling around with middling players is pointless. Our problems don’t need a tactical tweak.

Agree, said before we’ve got our CBs and FBs the wrong way round.
Really need a KVY type for LB (plus KVY to stay fit) and a CB talisman - think a lot of Chambers but feel he’s had too much on his shoulders for too long (can we move him up to coaching?), need a Tony Mowbray type permanent signing to play with Woolfenden. McGuinness is great but he’s not our player.
Aware this won’t happen.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Harrop on 19:34 - Jan 13 with 3951 viewsBluefish

Harrop on 19:19 - Jan 13 by homer_123

Judge had been ineffective.

Dobra has done OK but not ripped any trees up.

Lankester coming back after a long lay off.

El Mi is obviously not seen as 1st team material yet.

So Harrop in a number 10 role would make sense but.....I bet you that isn't where Lambert would play him.

In our current system you would also need to include Bishop

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Harrop on 19:39 - Jan 13 with 3916 viewsBloomBlue

Harrop on 19:06 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

A lot of people said something similar about Judge and Brentford fans laughed about how he wasn't the same player since his injury.
Harrop on 21:30 - Jan 13 with 3643 viewschrismakin

Harrop on 19:27 - Jan 13 by thebooks

Just need another winger imo but an actual winger

4-4-2,
Downes, Dozzell, Edwards and 1 other across the park

Norwood, Jackson uptop

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Harrop on 21:59 - Jan 13 with 3558 viewsGarv

Harrop on 19:39 - Jan 13 by BloomBlue

A lot of people said something similar about Judge and Brentford fans laughed about how he wasn't the same player since his injury.

But Judge isn't injury prone? Your point was asking whether we wanted another injury prone player.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harrop on 09:27 - Jan 18 with 2907 viewstrueblues78

Hey Phil, rumour has it that something may be happening today.

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

Harrop on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 2866 viewsStokieBlue

Surely the most depressing thing is that Lambert is being allowed to add to the squad so it's just more confirmation that he is going nowhere.

We might have won on the weekend but it was total rubbish. Getting another CM isn't going to change anything. The issues are pretty clear and Lambert refuses to address them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Harrop on 09:33 - Jan 18 with 2831 viewsSomethingBlue

Harrop on 09:30 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Surely the most depressing thing is that Lambert is being allowed to add to the squad so it's just more confirmation that he is going nowhere.

We might have won on the weekend but it was total rubbish. Getting another CM isn't going to change anything. The issues are pretty clear and Lambert refuses to address them.

SB

Harrop is more of a second striker/forward, but you're not wrong about the rest of it!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Harrop on 09:33 - Jan 18 with 2829 viewsclive_baker

He's quality, Ben Whiteman. Would be more than happy to see him depart League 1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harrop on 09:37 - Jan 18 with 2784 viewsStokieBlue

Harrop on 09:33 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

Harrop is more of a second striker/forward, but you're not wrong about the rest of it!

Well we don't play a second striker so what is the point in that?

Just seems like more muddled thinking from the management team. Can just imagine them around the whiteboard now trying to shoehorn him in at left back.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 9:38]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Harrop on 09:41 - Jan 18 with 2739 viewsSomethingBlue

Harrop on 09:37 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Just seems like more muddled thinking from the management team. Can just imagine them around the whiteboard now trying to shoehorn him in at left back.

SB

Yep I'm not really sure where he fits in. We do need some more attacking devilment but I'm not really sure that is on the current on-pitch personnel ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

He'll play in the "Judge" role.... on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 2732 viewsBloots

Harrop on 09:37 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

SB

....ie wandering around behind the one forward, getting involved when he doesn't need to.

So then we'll have to squeeze Judge in somewhere, possibly at the expense of Bishop, but possibly wide as one of the front 3.

It doesn't make any sense and just looks like a desperation move to me.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024