Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant policing 20:01 - Jan 13 with 1115 viewsbluelagos

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/coronavirus-portsmouth-warning-after-wom

No, I am not being sarcy. Good on them for targetting, identifying and fineing someone doing undoubted harm.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brilliant policing on 20:40 - Jan 13 with 1025 viewsMattinLondon

Ultimately fining such individuals will only feed into their paranoia, arrogance or victim mentality that they are being repressed by the state. For some reason they think that filming empty hospital corridors highlights the ‘fact’ that Covid is a hoax. For some reason they don’t realise that very busy hospital wards regularly have quiet corridors leading to them. They aren’t motorways with miles of human jams on hospital beds.

Such individuals tend to be anti-vaxx. Emphasising that one case where an individual may well have had an adverse reaction. Tragic yes, but very very rare as well.

So fining them, in my opinion won’t do any good. Hopefully Twitter, Facebook etc will simply ban them from their platforms. Idiots like the woman in the story will claim that her freedom of speech is being destroyed. But no one has a right to be on them, and the fewer of them around, the less mainstream airtime they’ll get.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 20:41]
Brilliant policing on 20:48 - Jan 13 with 984 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Brilliant policing on 20:40 - Jan 13 by MattinLondon

Ultimately fining such individuals will only feed into their paranoia, arrogance or victim mentality that they are being repressed by the state. For some reason they think that filming empty hospital corridors highlights the ‘fact’ that Covid is a hoax. For some reason they don’t realise that very busy hospital wards regularly have quiet corridors leading to them. They aren’t motorways with miles of human jams on hospital beds.

Such individuals tend to be anti-vaxx. Emphasising that one case where an individual may well have had an adverse reaction. Tragic yes, but very very rare as well.

So fining them, in my opinion won’t do any good. Hopefully Twitter, Facebook etc will simply ban them from their platforms. Idiots like the woman in the story will claim that her freedom of speech is being destroyed. But no one has a right to be on them, and the fewer of them around, the less mainstream airtime they’ll get.

I disagree. Fining them will hit them in the pocket.

I doubt someone who has actually visited a hospital is acting out of a belief in what they are posting. They will be deliberately misrepresenting the truth rather than from a false belief.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Brilliant policing on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 976 viewsStokieBlue

Ridiculous behaviour. I do think there is grounds for a fine just to cause annoyance to her. She is going to continue posting paranoid rubbish regardless if she is fined or not. In reality she should have been fined a lot more. She could have contracted covid and become a spreader to other parties.

Facebook haven't banned her unfortunately. She's on there claiming to be a journalist whilst posting stuff about global satanic cults.

Section 230 will put an end to lots of this if it's abolished.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brilliant policing on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 960 viewsbluelagos

Ordinarily I wouldn't suggest investigating / charging conspiracy theorists is a worthy pursuit. But at present the implications of their narratives are that some others people will behave in a manner to spread a (sometimes) lethal disease. It will also lead to some others opting not to take a vaccine (why take one for something that isn't real).

So I think if charges stops them in their tracks, then all good. Hopefully social media will now be quicker than they might have been to limit her output on there too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brilliant policing on 22:01 - Jan 13 with 883 viewsjeera

She needs her head shoving into a bucket of urine.

The nasty little so & so.*

*T&C compliance.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Brilliant policing on 22:07 - Jan 13 with 867 viewsGuthrum

On the other hand, if you let them get away with it, they will just do more of the same. It might also embolden those who were only put off a stunt like that by fear of the consequences.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brilliant policing on 22:31 - Jan 13 with 818 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brilliant policing on 20:48 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I disagree. Fining them will hit them in the pocket.

I doubt someone who has actually visited a hospital is acting out of a belief in what they are posting. They will be deliberately misrepresenting the truth rather than from a false belief.

Should get a daily fine until she takes down the false information.
Brilliant policing on 22:50 - Jan 13 with 781 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Brilliant policing on 22:31 - Jan 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Should get a daily fine until she takes down the false information.

I would assume the fine is for visiting the hospital unnecessarily and hence breaking Covid lockdown rules.

Facebook should put some flag on the posts similar to what Twitter has been doing with spurious claims. That is a separate issue. If she repeats the offence, the fine should be higher too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant policing on 23:33 - Jan 13 with 726 viewsfactual_blue

Brilliant policing on 22:01 - Jan 13 by jeera

She needs her head shoving into a bucket of urine.

The nasty little so & so.*

*T&C compliance.

Remove their internet access. Or have a special tariff for offenders of £7500 a month.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brilliant policing on 23:56 - Jan 13 with 696 viewsChurchman

A fine of £20000 might focus the mind. Or force her to work on the COVID wards for a couple of weeks without PPE emptying out the bedpans etc. Surely as C-19 is a hoax, she would be fine. Last alternative, a remote island with the other idiots, a tent or two and food paid for by themselves. Contemplation time.

Time is up for people like this. The situation is too serious and gone for too long to accept this level of malicious stupidity.
Brilliant policing on 08:08 - Jan 14 with 545 viewsbournemouthblue

Brilliant policing on 23:56 - Jan 13 by Churchman

A fine of £20000 might focus the mind. Or force her to work on the COVID wards for a couple of weeks without PPE emptying out the bedpans etc. Surely as C-19 is a hoax, she would be fine. Last alternative, a remote island with the other idiots, a tent or two and food paid for by themselves. Contemplation time.

Time is up for people like this. The situation is too serious and gone for too long to accept this level of malicious stupidity.

That's the sort of thing they might do in a police state, it would teach them a lesson though

I suppose the best thing that can happen to the deniers is they get CoVid badly and then state telling their cultist friends or they have a friend or family member who get it badly though I'm sure their friend or family member don't deny it is real

They'll probably just claim it is just the flu any way

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024