Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened 21:14 - Jan 13 with 2223 viewsElderGrizzly

Some Republicans are saying they can’t vote for Impeachment, not because they don’t believe it is deserved, but because they are afraid they or their families will be harmed or killed by Trump’s base.

They have received credible threats to their lives

That means, Jan 6th worked for Trump.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 21:15]
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 2158 viewscatch74

Modern day brown coats. I know it was cold but I found Trumps black gloves, coat etc quite unnerving at his rally.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 2136 viewsKeaneish

194 Nays at present. Incredible really given treason was committed. If their role is to uphold the constitution, they’re falling shamefully short in their duties. It shows that there will unlikely be a 2/3s majority next week to remove him from office.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:35 - Jan 13 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

197 Republicans voted against impeachment.

One week ago they were cowering under their own desks in fear after four years of encouraging their thugs.

Not fit for office.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:49 - Jan 13 with 2079 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:35 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

One week ago they were cowering under their own desks in fear after four years of encouraging their thugs.

Not fit for office.

And it is getting more sinister.

Panic alarms were ripped out of some Democrats offices in the Capitol before last weeks’ attack.

How far does the inside job go?
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:57 - Jan 13 with 2059 viewsWicklowBlue

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:58 - Jan 13 with 2042 viewsGuthrum

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:31 - Jan 13 by Keaneish

194 Nays at present. Incredible really given treason was committed. If their role is to uphold the constitution, they’re falling shamefully short in their duties. It shows that there will unlikely be a 2/3s majority next week to remove him from office.

Think it's unlikely to come before the Senate until after the 20th. But the numbers there could be interesting, especially if McConnell backs impeachment (which he is currently said to be considering). Smaller membership of the upper house mean it would only take 17 Republicans breaking ranks to get the two-thirds majority needed.

On 6th Jan, the attempts to reject the Electoral College ballots were either not taken up by the Senate or more heavily defeated there than in the House. Different mindset.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:59 - Jan 13 with 2042 viewsSpruceMoose

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:49 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

Panic alarms were ripped out of some Democrats offices in the Capitol before last weeks’ attack.

Not saying that it's true, but there's absolutely no reason to assume they won't have had help on the inside. Plenty of Senators and House Reps are QAnon nut jobs. Holding office doesn't mean you're not a psychotic thug.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 21:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 00:10 - Jan 14 with 1891 viewsChurchman

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:35 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Not fit for office.

Just watched an interview on CNN with one of the 10 that voted to impeach Trump. A brave man. It seems that the 197 voted against for all sorts of reasons including open support for him, fear of retribution from him or their constituency (can’t remember the American term for it), fear of the GOP, a feeling that let him go away and hopefully it’ll all go away and some that think he did nothing much wrong.

But the chap that spoke on CNN accepted the threat to himself and voted for what he thought was right. Well done him and the other 9. I’m surprised it wasn’t more, but then I never cease to be amazed at the spinelessness of most politicians across the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 00:56 - Jan 14 with 1843 viewsvapour_trail

This is tabloid.

Can we have evidence for everything on your op please.

The republicans were never going to vote against their own president en masse. Completely unrealistic.

Please back up up the following

Which republicans are saying they can’t vote for impeachment ?
Who have said they or their families will be harmed or killed by trumps base?

Thanks in advance.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 01:20 - Jan 14 with 1808 viewsSpruceMoose

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 00:56 - Jan 14 by vapour_trail

This is tabloid.

The republicans were never going to vote against their own president en masse. Completely unrealistic.

Thanks in advance.

Politico and CNN have both reported that several GOP members told them that they fear for their lives if they don’t vote against. It’s not really that far fetched considering last week they were caving a police officers head in with a fire extinguisher and talking openly about hanging Pence for being a traitor. These people are off the rails.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 1:21]

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 06:48 - Jan 14 with 1669 viewsChurchman

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 00:56 - Jan 14 by vapour_trail

This is tabloid.

Thanks in advance.

I would have said the same had I not seen the Congressman interviewed and others on CNN. There is a real sense of fear about what Trump is going to do (and his followers) in the coming weeks and months, not just in Washington. Hopefully nothing and this is the last act of a dreadful 4 years,

But I wouldn’t bet on it. The view seems to be that he never lets an insult pass, always seeks vengeance on those he thinks wronged him. I gather he’s raised nearly $200m in donations to fight his corner.
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 08:20 - Jan 14 with 1587 viewsBlueNomad

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:57 - Jan 13 by WicklowBlue

He likes what “the numbers show........”
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 08:44 - Jan 14 with 1557 viewsTractorWood

The bi-partisan system makes the impeachment process a bit pointless if this doesn't work.

A sitting president has been provoking a ridiculous agenda of division and inciting extremists, culminating in what was basically an attempted coup.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 09:29 - Jan 14 with 1513 viewsPinewoodblue

Saw photo yesterday, on Facebook, of a group a republican senator took on a tour of The Capitol building earlier this month. It included several who have been identified as taking part in the invasion.

The biggest problem isn’t the guys who figured prominently in the shown coverage of the incident it is the guys with rucksacks etc who quietly went about whatever tasks they were assigned. There was an article on Wired suggesting computer system may have been compromised.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 1463 viewsGeoffSentence

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 06:48 - Jan 14 by Churchman

I would have said the same had I not seen the Congressman interviewed and others on CNN. There is a real sense of fear about what Trump is going to do (and his followers) in the coming weeks and months, not just in Washington. Hopefully nothing and this is the last act of a dreadful 4 years,

But I wouldn’t bet on it. The view seems to be that he never lets an insult pass, always seeks vengeance on those he thinks wronged him. I gather he’s raised nearly $200m in donations to fight his corner.

he doesn't let an insult pass.

in his own words 'if I am attacked, I attack back x100'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 1438 viewsgordon

Presumably they are blaming the death threats on Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and middle class white boys?
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 11:41 - Jan 14 with 1399 viewsDinDjarin

Thing is he wont be impeached anyway as it will have to be done and dusted by the 20th.

You cannot impeach or take to trial a non sitting president.
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 12:12 - Jan 14 with 1362 viewsChurchman

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 10:31 - Jan 14 by GeoffSentence

he doesn't let an insult pass.

in his own words 'if I am attacked, I attack back x100'

Jeez. Can you imagine working for a creature like that? Whatever the money, I’d have avoided him like the plague.
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 12:17 - Jan 14 with 1352 viewsbournemouthblue

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 21:49 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

I bet that was Antifa's fault as well

What a crazy time in America, in fairness whilst we don't quite have Neo-Nazi militants rising, we have had far-right terrorism ourselves with murder of Jo Cox and the attack on a Mosque as well?

There have been plots to kill MP's foiled as well so we certainly have our own problems
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 0:26]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 12:22 - Jan 14 with 1345 viewsMookamoo

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 11:41 - Jan 14 by DinDjarin

Thing is he wont be impeached anyway as it will have to be done and dusted by the 20th.

You cannot impeach or take to trial a non sitting president.

He has been impeached, he hasn't as yet been tried and convicted/acquitted

That can happen after the 20th
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-process-explain/explain
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 1268 viewsSpruceMoose

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 01:20 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

Politico and CNN have both reported that several GOP members told them that they fear for their lives if they don’t vote against. It’s not really that far fetched considering last week they were caving a police officers head in with a fire extinguisher and talking openly about hanging Pence for being a traitor. These people are off the rails.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 1:21]

Here's another:

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 20:16 - Jan 14 with 1175 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 17:24 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

Here's another:

Horrific isn’t it? We aren’t a million miles off it over here

Some would say we have already got there with Jo Cox.
Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 1134 viewsSpruceMoose

I for one am very much enjoying these announcements whenever one the goons I watched gurning on TV last week get arrested.

I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that a) they've ruined their own lives and b) Biden will still be their president next week.

Imagine claiming to be against sexual abuse crimes while supporting the bloke accused of several of them!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 20:53]

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 06:39 - Jan 15 with 971 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 20:51 - Jan 14 by SpruceMoose

I for one am very much enjoying these announcements whenever one the goons I watched gurning on TV last week get arrested.

I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that a) they've ruined their own lives and b) Biden will still be their president next week.

Imagine claiming to be against sexual abuse crimes while supporting the bloke accused of several of them!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 20:53]

And this adds reason why they should be worried. They came to execute elected officials on Jan 6th

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 06:43 - Jan 15 with 966 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment - Republicans have been threatened on 06:39 - Jan 15 by ElderGrizzly

And this adds reason why they should be worried. They came to execute elected officials on Jan 6th

Oh and we have a new dumbest Member of Congress. One who just outed herself as being involved 🙄

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024