Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mad first day in the cricket then 12:05 - Jan 14 with 843 viewshomer_123

Good to see Root and Bairstow showing some composure and calmness at the crease.

Will Bess ever get an easier five wicket haul?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mad first day in the cricket then on 12:33 - Jan 14 with 800 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very good day. Root is very much due a hundred and Bairstow will be keen to nail down that no.3 spot. Lawrence will hopefully be able to come in at 5 with the pressure off him a bit with a substantial lead built up.

Sri Lanka on the other hand, seem much closer to the side they were in the early 80s when they were first given test status, than a decade or so ago when they had Murali, Sangakarra, Jayawardne etc. Other than the Aussies, I don't feel I revel in other sides misfortunes in test cricket like I do football. In the long term interest of test cricket, we need strong Sri Lanka, West Indies etc etc. Quietly impressed with NZ but need to see how they play away from home before I judge their no.1 spot just yet, though they did win in Pakistan (UAE).

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Mad first day in the cricket then on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 794 viewsReuser_is_God

Mad first day in the cricket then on 12:33 - Jan 14 by gainsboroughblue

Very good day. Root is very much due a hundred and Bairstow will be keen to nail down that no.3 spot. Lawrence will hopefully be able to come in at 5 with the pressure off him a bit with a substantial lead built up.

Sri Lanka on the other hand, seem much closer to the side they were in the early 80s when they were first given test status, than a decade or so ago when they had Murali, Sangakarra, Jayawardne etc. Other than the Aussies, I don't feel I revel in other sides misfortunes in test cricket like I do football. In the long term interest of test cricket, we need strong Sri Lanka, West Indies etc etc. Quietly impressed with NZ but need to see how they play away from home before I judge their no.1 spot just yet, though they did win in Pakistan (UAE).

*other than the Aussies & India

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mad first day in the cricket then on 12:42 - Jan 14 with 782 viewsgainsboroughblue

Mad first day in the cricket then on 12:35 - Jan 14 by Reuser_is_God

*other than the Aussies & India

I've never really minded India. That may change if they turn us over in our bi-lateral series this year.
They had a lot of players who I loved watching when I first got into cricket. Kapil Dev, Shastri, Vengsarkar, Srikkanth and possibly the most elegant batsman I have ever seen Mohammad Azharrudin.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Mad first day in the cricket then on 13:37 - Jan 14 with 745 viewssolemio

I'm pleased to see Root66 is 66 not out.
Mad first day in the cricket then on 16:34 - Jan 14 with 680 viewsHARRY10

thankfully you never see any of that betting fraud stuff in cricket
Mad first day in the cricket then on 18:21 - Jan 14 with 647 viewsSharkey

Mad first day in the cricket then on 13:37 - Jan 14 by solemio

I'm pleased to see Root66 is 66 not out.

I was just wondering why Winks doesn't wear 40 for either Tottenham or England.
Mad first day in the cricket then on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 632 viewsChrisd

I know Bess got 5, but the bit I saw this morning Leach looked the better spin bowler, he appeared to have more control and generated some real turn at times. Too harsh?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:16]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mad first day in the cricket then on 19:31 - Jan 14 with 604 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Mad first day in the cricket then on 18:41 - Jan 14 by Chrisd

I know Bess got 5, but the bit I saw this morning Leach looked the better spin bowler, he appeared to have more control and generated some real turn at times. Too harsh?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 19:16]

That was the consensus from the pundits, too. Leach was brilliant, Bess was fortunate.

They've both got a great opportunity with this tour. I've always advocated England taking more of a squad approach and selecting "horses for courses". I'm so hoping that "Our Greatest Ever Bowler, the Leader of the Attack" isn't taken to Australia again to bowl 83mph on a concrete track with Kookaburra balls.
Login to get fewer ads

Mad first day in the cricket then on 20:22 - Jan 14 with 575 viewsAce_High1

Mad first day in the cricket then on 19:31 - Jan 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

That was the consensus from the pundits, too. Leach was brilliant, Bess was fortunate.

They've both got a great opportunity with this tour. I've always advocated England taking more of a squad approach and selecting "horses for courses". I'm so hoping that "Our Greatest Ever Bowler, the Leader of the Attack" isn't taken to Australia again to bowl 83mph on a concrete track with Kookaburra balls.

Broad and Anderson are fine for Australia, the key is not to then pick similar bowlers alongside them.

Broad, Anderson, Archer, Bess, Stokes is good enough for Australia. Wood, Curran, Woakes and Stone in the squad and able to rotate but the template has to be at least one proper quick, not Broad, Anderson, Woakes as the seamers.

When we won in 2010/11 we had that extra bounce/pace in Finn and Tremlett alongside the other bowlers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024