Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. 12:40 - Jan 14 with 2162 viewsPinewoodblue

Got message to book mine today. Website is a bit clunky but managed to get to the point where it asks you to book your date. Not showing any available dates, and code I have been given only valid for a few days. Tried to ring and can’t even get in the queue.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 12:45 - Jan 14 with 1999 viewsFixed_It

I have been advised to book a flu jab before I get a Covid vaccination - booked for 25th.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:27 - Jan 14 with 1881 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 12:45 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

I have been advised to book a flu jab before I get a Covid vaccination - booked for 25th.

Finally got through you get to listen to music to 1 minute then a recorded message tells you to book online, or call back later. WHen i tried again spoke to someone seems that the slots are fully booked and to try again at the weekend.. They did say if i wanted to drive to Haverhill there was plenty of availability.

Why am I not surprised.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:29 - Jan 14 with 1871 viewsKeno

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 12:45 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

Its only old people that have to do isnt it?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:44 - Jan 14 with 1838 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:29 - Jan 14 by Keno

Its only old people that have to do isnt it?

The online booking only asks if you have had a flu jab in the last 7 days. No requirement to have had a flu jab first, although your GP may recommend it as they get paid extra to give the flu jab.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:59 - Jan 14 with 1809 viewsKeno

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 14:44 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

The online booking only asks if you have had a flu jab in the last 7 days. No requirement to have had a flu jab first, although your GP may recommend it as they get paid extra to give the flu jab.

I actually didn't know but am a little way down the list!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:29 - Jan 14 with 1771 viewsTJS

My mum and dad are getting their covid vaccine at the surgery on Saturday.
No emails or websites were involved.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:30]
Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:34 - Jan 14 with 1753 viewsRyorry

Heard nix, null, zero despite being in vulnerable group & over 70.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:37 - Jan 14 with 1742 viewsTJS

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:34 - Jan 14 by Ryorry

I don't think they are doing under 80's yet - vulnerable or not.
Login to get fewer ads

My old man phoned up the GP this morning..... on 15:40 - Jan 14 with 1741 viewsBloots

....about a totally unrelated matter.

At the end of his call the receptionist said "Have you got a covid vaccination booked in?"

He said he didn't, he's 74 and was waiting for his turn.

She said "Can you come in tomorrow morning and have it?"

Bingo, 8:20am tomorrow. Sorted.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:40 - Jan 14 with 1738 viewsunstableblue

How old are you Pinewood, if you don't mind me asking.

I think we started posting around the same time 96ish?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:49 - Jan 14 with 1716 viewsChurchman

You’re not alone. My dad, who lives in Waldringfield, is 93 and has heard zilch.

I did read somewhere that Suffolk was behind because ability to store the Pfizer vaccine is limited. If that’s true, I’d have thought with the AstraZeneca version tootling along most people in the top category will get the nod in the next week or so.
Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:51 - Jan 14 with 1705 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:37 - Jan 14 by TJS

I don't think they are doing under 80's yet - vulnerable or not.

Yep.

Healthcare workers and care home residents are 1st group
Over 80s 2nd priority group
Then 75+
70+ etc

They were only meant to be doing those top 2 right now, but even with those my Grandma who is 87 has still not had hers yet in East Cambs
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:51]
My old man phoned up the GP this morning..... on 15:58 - Jan 14 with 1682 viewsjeera

My old man phoned up the GP this morning..... on 15:40 - Jan 14 by Bloots

....about a totally unrelated matter.

At the end of his call the receptionist said "Have you got a covid vaccination booked in?"

He said he didn't, he's 74 and was waiting for his turn.

She said "Can you come in tomorrow morning and have it?"

Bingo, 8:20am tomorrow. Sorted.

So Bingo at 8:20am, then what about the jab man?

Heck, you're easily distracted, even mid post.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:00 - Jan 14 with 1673 viewsjudespiveyg

I'm really sorry to hear that. Order seems a bit funny to me. My oldest brother in his twenties, despite being perfectly healthy, is getting his first jab tomorrow because he volunteers one night a week at a hospital (hospital radio so not even with patients ffs). I wouldn't say this to his face because he's a bit of a covid obsessive but I think it's bs that he's getting his jab before so many others more in need. Personally I'd rather my grandparents were receiving their vaccines tbh.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:03 - Jan 14 with 1667 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:40 - Jan 14 by unstableblue

How old are you Pinewood, if you don't mind me asking.

I think we started posting around the same time 96ish?

74 not heard anything from Phil about our long service awards, must be worth a virtual pint at least.

Vaccination is a bit of a mess but must be better than the free for all in the USA.

There are 11 vaccination centres in Suffolk but they are not all linked. The company I was directed to is only booking Trinity Park, Woodbridge, Stowmarket and Haverhill. East Bergholt would be centre of choice for me.

Sadiq Khan has been moaning about Midlands getting more vaccine than London. Wife was telling me that parts of Pembrokeshire aren't getting any vaccine until 31st January. I know NHS staff, not on frontline who have already been vaccinated although much younger.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:10 - Jan 14 with 1648 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 15:29 - Jan 14 by TJS

My mum and dad are getting their covid vaccine at the surgery on Saturday.
No emails or websites were involved.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 15:30]

Apparently 28 surgeries in Suffolk have signed up to allow the company I was directed to organize it.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:28 - Jan 14 with 1617 viewsbluelagos

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:10 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

Apparently 28 surgeries in Suffolk have signed up to allow the company I was directed to organize it.

I drove past my local practice earlier and they are up and running with hi vizd volunteers out in the sleet doing their part.

Started today I gather :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That's how they keep..... on 16:33 - Jan 14 with 1603 viewsBloots

My old man phoned up the GP this morning..... on 15:58 - Jan 14 by jeera

So Bingo at 8:20am, then what about the jab man?

Heck, you're easily distracted, even mid post.

...the old gits occupied for the 15 minutes after they get jabbed.

A game of bingo followed by a 5 minute moan about kids with long hair.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:35 - Jan 14 with 1587 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:03 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

74 not heard anything from Phil about our long service awards, must be worth a virtual pint at least.

Vaccination is a bit of a mess but must be better than the free for all in the USA.

There are 11 vaccination centres in Suffolk but they are not all linked. The company I was directed to is only booking Trinity Park, Woodbridge, Stowmarket and Haverhill. East Bergholt would be centre of choice for me.

Sadiq Khan has been moaning about Midlands getting more vaccine than London. Wife was telling me that parts of Pembrokeshire aren't getting any vaccine until 31st January. I know NHS staff, not on frontline who have already been vaccinated although much younger.

Congrats on reaching 25 years on TWTD!
Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:42 - Jan 14 with 1576 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:28 - Jan 14 by bluelagos

I drove past my local practice earlier and they are up and running with hi vizd volunteers out in the sleet doing their part.

Started today I gather :-)

Just checked Ipswich Star Trinity show ground vaccination centre isn't even up and running yet.

I know it is early days but it seems to be a bit of a shambles. Expected it to be run on a Countywide basis but looking as if some GP surgeries are doing it themselves while others have signed up to a private company to sort thing for them. No doubt some family connection to Hancock Enterprises.

Daft to invite you to book, using a code provided that expires in a few days if they aren't even ready o start. Wasn't expecting the jab for at least another 2-3 weeks .

Given a full choice would have selected East Begholt, just as easy to get to as Trinity Park.

2023 year of destiny

That's how they keep..... on 16:44 - Jan 14 with 1571 viewsjeera

That's how they keep..... on 16:33 - Jan 14 by Bloots

...the old gits occupied for the 15 minutes after they get jabbed.

A game of bingo followed by a 5 minute moan about kids with long hair.

Smart ruse.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:53 - Jan 14 with 1550 viewsbluelagos

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:42 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

Just checked Ipswich Star Trinity show ground vaccination centre isn't even up and running yet.

I know it is early days but it seems to be a bit of a shambles. Expected it to be run on a Countywide basis but looking as if some GP surgeries are doing it themselves while others have signed up to a private company to sort thing for them. No doubt some family connection to Hancock Enterprises.

Daft to invite you to book, using a code provided that expires in a few days if they aren't even ready o start. Wasn't expecting the jab for at least another 2-3 weeks .

Given a full choice would have selected East Begholt, just as easy to get to as Trinity Park.

The issue is around supply at the moment. As soon as they are ready, they are getting out and people are getting vaccinated.

Maybe not evenly everywhere - but as time progresses - and they have done all the over 80s in area 1, am sure they'll make sure area 2 gets it's batches to catch up.

Frustrating but they do seem to be doing a half decent job atm. Fingers crossed they keep it up.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 18:08 - Jan 14 with 1497 viewsRyorry

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 16:00 - Jan 14 by judespiveyg

I'm really sorry to hear that. Order seems a bit funny to me. My oldest brother in his twenties, despite being perfectly healthy, is getting his first jab tomorrow because he volunteers one night a week at a hospital (hospital radio so not even with patients ffs). I wouldn't say this to his face because he's a bit of a covid obsessive but I think it's bs that he's getting his jab before so many others more in need. Personally I'd rather my grandparents were receiving their vaccines tbh.

Thanks. I'd happily forgo mine tho as I'm shielding & can choose to not go out, for a frontline key worker who has no choice but to go to work & be exposed to the virus.

Don't see why ordinary GP surgeries can't be used, they're very practised & slick at doing regular flu jabs in large numbers - it does seem to be a supply issue. I'm in rural N. Yorkshire.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 18:10]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 1395 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 18:08 - Jan 14 by Ryorry

Thanks. I'd happily forgo mine tho as I'm shielding & can choose to not go out, for a frontline key worker who has no choice but to go to work & be exposed to the virus.

Don't see why ordinary GP surgeries can't be used, they're very practised & slick at doing regular flu jabs in large numbers - it does seem to be a supply issue. I'm in rural N. Yorkshire.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 18:10]

a lot of them are but looks as if mine has been sucked into something different. Will end up in a long queue as they schedule dozens for the same time.

2023 year of destiny

Anyone managed to book their Covid vaccination. on 19:25 - Jan 14 with 1393 viewsericclacton

Yes and no.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024