Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 21:17 - Jan 14 with 5855 viewsDubtractor

Surprise! They are looking to roll back workers rights and protections.

Who'd have predicted that this would happen........

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 22:08 - Jan 14 with 2162 viewsSteve_M

Always was a primary motivation for a lot of the Tory party.

I’m looking forward to hearing more from Lexiters about this or the likes of Stephen Kinnoch and Sarah Champion who decided to believe Johnson in Autumn 2019.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:31]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 22:34 - Jan 14 with 2116 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 22:08 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Always was a primary motivation for a lot of the Tory party.

I’m looking forward to hearing more from Lexiters about this or the likes of Stephen Kinnoch and Sarah Champion who decided to believe Johnson in Autumn 2019.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:31]

I'm sure that the Decent Right can tell us why giving up our fundamental rights in exchange for a blue passport and British Fish is a good thing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:27 - Jan 14 with 2049 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 22:34 - Jan 14 by BlueBadger

I'm sure that the Decent Right can tell us why giving up our fundamental rights in exchange for a blue passport and British Fish is a good thing.

We've already lost the centuries-old right to take a ham sandwich into the EU.

Who won the Battle of Agin-bloody-court anyway?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:46 - Jan 14 with 2032 viewsChurchman

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:27 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

Yeah, but you can’t take war bows and arrows in either so not only will we not be able to shoot down the French nobility in their droves, we won’t even be able to have our M&S ham sandwiches before the battle. Henry 5th would be appalled. Oh well.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:54 - Jan 14 with 2026 viewsmonytowbray

So glad I’m self employed and beyond paying taxes I play no part in their sh1tshow. I will not exploit nor be exploited.

I know many a business will be rubbing their hands at this. I’ve worked for them.

I think I was one of many who flagged years ago why we’d want to scrap working rights and was told to stop point scoring and maybe they’d introduce better ones.

I’d call you gullible tw@ts but I think many of you deep down knew this and didn’t care. I guess up until COVID you thought it wouldn’t affect you?

HOW LONG? NOT LONG? CAUSE WHAT YOU REAP. IS WHAT YOU SOW.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 1:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 00:22 - Jan 15 with 1995 viewsRocky

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:54 - Jan 14 by monytowbray

So glad I’m self employed and beyond paying taxes I play no part in their sh1tshow. I will not exploit nor be exploited.

I know many a business will be rubbing their hands at this. I’ve worked for them.

I think I was one of many who flagged years ago why we’d want to scrap working rights and was told to stop point scoring and maybe they’d introduce better ones.

I’d call you gullible tw@ts but I think many of you deep down knew this and didn’t care. I guess up until COVID you thought it wouldn’t affect you?

You were right, everyone else was wrong?
Why do you make it so difficult for yourself?
I think a large majority on here knew that the erosion of worker's rights was exactly what Brexit was all about.
Have you not been reading the Forum for the last x years?
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 00:36 - Jan 15 with 1985 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm sure the 'decent' right will have some hot take that will involve neither thoughtfulness or compassion.

For them, reading this is like going 1-0 up in the cup final. They aren't like the rest of us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 00:58 - Jan 15 with 1972 viewsmonytowbray

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 00:22 - Jan 15 by Rocky

You were right, everyone else was wrong?
Why do you make it so difficult for yourself?
I think a large majority on here knew that the erosion of worker's rights was exactly what Brexit was all about.
Have you not been reading the Forum for the last x years?

I didn’t say me alone. But yes. I have been on here years. And I’ve took no end of sh1t off some people here who really do owe us all a f*cking apology. Not for ego’s sake, but to show they’ve learned and grown as people.

We’re still holding out...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 01:18 - Jan 15 with 1950 viewsacj

Wake up! Cracking tune.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:20 - Jan 15 with 1823 viewsChurchman

One thing is for sure, any changes in workers rights will be to the benefit of the employer, not the employee. I believe rights and protections are crucial in setting standards. Business will cite improving flexibility, but opening the gate further for exploitation is for me not the way to go. Not every employer is a philanthropist like Joseph Rowntree. Most will exploit ruthlessly to the maximise profit.

I accept within this that for the self employed and small businesses the rules don’t apply, but for me, this sort of thing, including minimum wage, is about setting standards.

I hate it when they use the term ‘reform’ in relation to this sort of thing. Reform suggests modernise and improve. What it actually means for the tories is to reduce, take away, make poorer when it comes to employees. I doubt anyone believes the govt wouldn’t get rid of all workers protections along with trade unions if they could.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:22 - Jan 15 with 1817 viewsMattinLondon

‘Beyond paying tax’?
Are you saying that you don’t pay tax?
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:23 - Jan 15 with 1813 viewsvapour_trail

Who are you talking to, Vindicated Blue?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:30 - Jan 15 with 1797 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

But the EU only looks after big business. One of many many whoppers told.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 1771 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Just had a read. Largely this is in regard of the 48 hour directive.

Not sure about others here, but the existing norm in my industry is to have an opt out in your contract anyway?
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:45 - Jan 15 with 1760 viewsTractorWood

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:40 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Just had a read. Largely this is in regard of the 48 hour directive.

Not sure about others here, but the existing norm in my industry is to have an opt out in your contract anyway?

It's generally concerning but perhaps not specifically, yet. My main concern is Tory incompetence. They can't make decisions when the chips are down so who knows what they'll come up with when they are trying to be proactive.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:48 - Jan 15 with 1755 viewsGeoffSentence

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:27 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

Honestly Facters, I wouldn't surprised if it was you, personally, and Harry had stolen your thunder.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 1730 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:45 - Jan 15 by TractorWood

It's generally concerning but perhaps not specifically, yet. My main concern is Tory incompetence. They can't make decisions when the chips are down so who knows what they'll come up with when they are trying to be proactive.

True.

Just as well they don't have a huge majority, and we have a strong opposition who can fight proposals like this.

Oh wait.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1717 viewsDanTheMan

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:54 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

True.

Just as well they don't have a huge majority, and we have a strong opposition who can fight proposals like this.

Oh wait.

Ah of course, it's really Labour's fault.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:00 - Jan 15 with 1705 viewsgiant_stow

This reads like a baddy's rant near the end of a super hero film.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:06 - Jan 15 with 1664 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:57 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

Ah of course, it's really Labour's fault.

They are complicit.

They could have been in power now, had they not wasted the last 5 years when the lunatics took over the asylum.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:07 - Jan 15 with 1655 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Will"? Already is and has been for a while. Not much fun having to tell people they've no longer got a job over Zoom. But then I suppose that happens for a whole range of reasons and isn't uncommon; tends not to be deliberately self-inflicted normally though.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:08]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:09 - Jan 15 with 1644 viewsitfcjoe

Most are fully or semi-retired anyway so won't care

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 1635 viewsAce_High1

I was reading last night about the employers wanting to change employment contracts to enforce the vaccination.

Just changing my contracts now :)
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 1622 viewsDanTheMan

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:06 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They are complicit.

They could have been in power now, had they not wasted the last 5 years when the lunatics took over the asylum.

That's ridiculous logic. They are not complicit for policies they did not support.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:14 - Jan 15 with 1616 viewsSteve_M

I see that OP got a downvote, obviously someone not in favour of rights for plebs.

A couple of more threads to expand the argument. Reality rather than Project Fear. A very thorough thread from an expert who has been pointing this out for years:

And we can't even get the basics right at the moment:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024