Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 21:17 - Jan 14 with 5809 viewsDubtractor

Surprise! They are looking to roll back workers rights and protections.

Who'd have predicted that this would happen........

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:14 - Jan 15 with 696 viewsDubtractor

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 23:54 - Jan 14 by monytowbray

So glad I’m self employed and beyond paying taxes I play no part in their sh1tshow. I will not exploit nor be exploited.

I know many a business will be rubbing their hands at this. I’ve worked for them.

I think I was one of many who flagged years ago why we’d want to scrap working rights and was told to stop point scoring and maybe they’d introduce better ones.

I’d call you gullible tw@ts but I think many of you deep down knew this and didn’t care. I guess up until COVID you thought it wouldn’t affect you?

HOW LONG? NOT LONG? CAUSE WHAT YOU REAP. IS WHAT YOU SOW.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 1:01]

The superiority complex isn't a good look mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 679 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:13 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

That's ridiculous logic. They are not complicit for policies they did not support.

No, you’re right. I apologise.

They have done a sterling job and are beyond reproach.

Anyway no point dwelling on old arguments, they are consigned to the past. Onwards and upwards.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:24 - Jan 15 with 657 viewsDanTheMan

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:18 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Anyway no point dwelling on old arguments, they are consigned to the past. Onwards and upwards.

And followed up by a strawman, very nice.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:25 - Jan 15 with 652 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:13 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

That's ridiculous logic. They are not complicit for policies they did not support.

Seems logical to me. If you're not interested enough in getting power to match your policies and general offer to what people will vote for, you failed to prevent the ensuing sh1.

Edit, also remember the tepid ref campaign Labour 'ran'
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:28]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:26 - Jan 15 with 650 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:06 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They are complicit.

They could have been in power now, had they not wasted the last 5 years when the lunatics took over the asylum.

I'm not sure they could have stopped the tide, irrespective of who was the leader. This has been building for years with the support of lot of the media, the platforming of fringe right wingers for 'balance' on TV, etc.

Populism and post-truth, tribal politics it's extremely powerful. We've seen a rise in it in a lot of countries. The tide might be turning now as people seem to be recognising that 'popular' leaders built on a throne of lies may not be very good at the boring, detailed job of running a country. But at the time 4-5 years ago, I suspect people were too swayed by the heady promises. I may well be wrong of course and we'll never know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 636 viewsfooters

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:25 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

Seems logical to me. If you're not interested enough in getting power to match your policies and general offer to what people will vote for, you failed to prevent the ensuing sh1.

So presumably it's the fault of the Lib Dems too?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:30 - Jan 15 with 630 viewsm14_blue

In the list of people responsible for Brexit, I’d have the overwhelmingly remain supporting Labour Party pretty far down the list tbh.

How about blaming the people who actually did the lying and the people who fell for the lies and voted for them?
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:33 - Jan 15 with 618 viewsDanTheMan

You can blame them for stuff they did, absolutely.

You cannot blame them for stuff they opposed and did not do. That makes no sense.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 616 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:30 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

In the list of people responsible for Brexit, I’d have the overwhelmingly remain supporting Labour Party pretty far down the list tbh.

How about blaming the people who actually did the lying and the people who fell for the lies and voted for them?

I didnt say Labour take sole blame mr, I just agreed that they have some blame.

I do blame the liars, less so the people who fell for it and also the people who didn't fight back hard enough.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:37 - Jan 15 with 606 viewsm14_blue

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:34 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

I didnt say Labour take sole blame mr, I just agreed that they have some blame.

I do blame the liars, less so the people who fell for it and also the people who didn't fight back hard enough.

My views of the last Labour leader have never changed, he was rubbish.

However, anyone reading news about the continuing car crash that is Brexit, as all of ‘Project Fear’ comes to pass, and responding with ‘but Corbyn’ as someone has in this thread (not you) is beyond help.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:37 - Jan 15 with 606 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:26 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure they could have stopped the tide, irrespective of who was the leader. This has been building for years with the support of lot of the media, the platforming of fringe right wingers for 'balance' on TV, etc.

Populism and post-truth, tribal politics it's extremely powerful. We've seen a rise in it in a lot of countries. The tide might be turning now as people seem to be recognising that 'popular' leaders built on a throne of lies may not be very good at the boring, detailed job of running a country. But at the time 4-5 years ago, I suspect people were too swayed by the heady promises. I may well be wrong of course and we'll never know.

Corbyn’s sychophantic followers are literally the most tribal people on here.

Still to this day he can do/did no wrong, and it’s always someone else’s fault. They would rather die in a ditch than offer any criticism.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 603 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:33 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

You can blame them for stuff they did, absolutely.

You cannot blame them for stuff they opposed and did not do. That makes no sense.

I'm attaching blame to the power and effectiveness of their opposition. And also, while we're at it, their failure to put the positive aspects of staying rhe in EU (just like the issues in the op) more forcefully. They left the turkeys voting for Christmas.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:40 - Jan 15 with 597 viewsfooters

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:38 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

I'm attaching blame to the power and effectiveness of their opposition. And also, while we're at it, their failure to put the positive aspects of staying rhe in EU (just like the issues in the op) more forcefully. They left the turkeys voting for Christmas.

So really you're blaming the Remain campaign led by Cameron, not the Labour Party?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:44 - Jan 15 with 588 viewsDanTheMan

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:38 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

I'd like to just note here that whilst Labour was generally pro-EU, some MPs were on the opposite side.

Of course the same goes for Conservatives, including the Cameron being essentially the figurehead for remaining.

However that is about leaving the EU, not anything to do with how we left, the detail of leaving, and what policies we pursue after we leave. You cannot assign any blame to them for things the Conservatives are choosing to do.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 584 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:40 - Jan 15 by footers

So really you're blaming the Remain campaign led by Cameron, not the Labour Party?

Oh come on! Labour had their part to play - bit limp to try and pass responsibility over like that. Labour were elected to represent their supporters' best interests, in or out of power or leadership - they simply failed to do that.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 579 viewsfooters

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:45 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

Oh come on! Labour had their part to play - bit limp to try and pass responsibility over like that. Labour were elected to represent their supporters' best interests, in or out of power or leadership - they simply failed to do that.

There were many Labour MPs who wanted to leave. In fact, we were told by many people that we would be abandoning those voters, mainly in the North, if we ignored their wishes to leave, so what was the party meant to do?

The Leave campaign campaigned to leave and Remain to remain. You're upset at the Remain campaign not giving enough positives. That is the fault of Cameron and others, not the Labour party as a whole.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:55 - Jan 15 with 570 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:47 - Jan 15 by footers

There were many Labour MPs who wanted to leave. In fact, we were told by many people that we would be abandoning those voters, mainly in the North, if we ignored their wishes to leave, so what was the party meant to do?

The Leave campaign campaigned to leave and Remain to remain. You're upset at the Remain campaign not giving enough positives. That is the fault of Cameron and others, not the Labour party as a whole.

I reckon you're being a bit illogical now. You seem to be saying Labour were split so had their hands tied but Cameron had a clear run, so bears full responsibility. In fact the tories were far more divided than Labour were, with the vast majority of Labour mps, not to mention voters, supporting remain.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:01 - Jan 15 with 565 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 08:54 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

True.

Just as well they don't have a huge majority, and we have a strong opposition who can fight proposals like this.

Oh wait.

Ah, going full Decent Right on this one then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:02 - Jan 15 with 564 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:18 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You should just stick to downvoting people for taking the piss out of Paz supporting racists and sociopaths whilst also appealing for people to be nice lad, you're having a nightmare here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 548 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:02 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

You should just stick to downvoting people for taking the piss out of Paz supporting racists and sociopaths whilst also appealing for people to be nice lad, you're having a nightmare here.

I don’t believe I’ve ever been involved an any Paz conversations Or related downvoting actually. Not sure where you got that from.

Why am I having a nightmare? For expressing my frustration at lack of opposition? Don’t see anything controversial there.
Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:16 - Jan 15 with 530 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:40 - Jan 15 by footers

My bugbear was that the Labour Leadership were disengaged throughout much of the process; but it's pretty obvious that this was a Tory-led thing. I've no idea whether clearly backing Remain would have been a good move for Labour. Sitting on the fence for much of the time wouldn't have helped though; and their plans to renegotiate a new deal and have a vote on it didn't look feasible in the remaining time. Too little, too late imo.

We'll never know. The Lib Dems tried backing Remain and it didn't help them at all, although obviously they're a lot more fringe.

I'm not sure Starmer's got it right now either. He's given the left side of the party ammunition to accuse him of supporting the Tories. But he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't right now. It's too soon and wounds are too raw to come out swinging with a pledge to to rejoin the EU. Possible best to be quiet on it for a political cycle and try to let some of the Brexit tribalism die away (which surely it will as the lack of any benefits becomes increasingly apparent).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:17 - Jan 15 with 527 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:55 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

I reckon you're being a bit illogical now. You seem to be saying Labour were split so had their hands tied but Cameron had a clear run, so bears full responsibility. In fact the tories were far more divided than Labour were, with the vast majority of Labour mps, not to mention voters, supporting remain.

In these circumstances doesn't one need to distinguish between Cameron as PM and de facto leader of the Conservatives and Cameron as assigned leader of the remain campaign?

And obviously, on the wider front, stop conflating Tory with Leave and Labour with Remain (despite whatever the majority positions in each of those parties may have been)?

The whole campaign from Remain and subsequent negotiations by successive governments were a sh1tshow and the reality promises to be much the same.

I get that a Lib Dem supporter might want to adopt a holier than thou position as the party unified itself around a remain position but following some of the logic displayed on here one could equally blame the Lib Dem party for not securing their manifesto promise of PR which, had they succeeded, may have consigned UKIP to the fringes of national politics and averted a referendum on our continued membership of the EU. (Of course it may also have opened the door to PM Farage.)

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:32 - Jan 15 with 499 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:17 - Jan 15 by You_Bloo_Right

In these circumstances doesn't one need to distinguish between Cameron as PM and de facto leader of the Conservatives and Cameron as assigned leader of the remain campaign?

And obviously, on the wider front, stop conflating Tory with Leave and Labour with Remain (despite whatever the majority positions in each of those parties may have been)?

The whole campaign from Remain and subsequent negotiations by successive governments were a sh1tshow and the reality promises to be much the same.

I get that a Lib Dem supporter might want to adopt a holier than thou position as the party unified itself around a remain position but following some of the logic displayed on here one could equally blame the Lib Dem party for not securing their manifesto promise of PR which, had they succeeded, may have consigned UKIP to the fringes of national politics and averted a referendum on our continued membership of the EU. (Of course it may also have opened the door to PM Farage.)

Interesting thoughts, ta.

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:42 - Jan 15 with 494 viewsmonytowbray

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 01:18 - Jan 15 by acj

Wake up! Cracking tune.

My introduction into politics haha.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 10:44 - Jan 15 with 491 viewsmonytowbray

Brexit will be sh1t part 27534563 on 09:00 - Jan 15 by giant_stow

This reads like a baddy's rant near the end of a super hero film.

Yes being pro equality makes you the real fascist!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024