Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day in 1973... 21:29 - Jan 14 with 3544 viewsblueasfook

Chelmsford city away in FA Cup. Hippies fighting.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

On this day in 1973... on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 427 viewshype313

On this day in 1973... on 15:58 - Jan 15 by gainsboroughblue

There had been trouble between the two sets of fans before. In 86-87, there was bother at PR and Fratton Park. Can remember watching the battle start as I walked up PR towards where the Sir Alf statue is now.

The game here coincided with CCTV being deployed and resulted in several people having an enforced hiatus.

What made it worse was the fact that I said very rarely get trouble these days, I think it had been 8 years since that day against Millwall in 95, last game of the season which was an event to say the least, and thought it had pretty much died a death at that point.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

On this day in 1973... on 16:05 - Jan 15 with 416 viewsgainsboroughblue

On this day in 1973... on 16:01 - Jan 15 by hype313

What made it worse was the fact that I said very rarely get trouble these days, I think it had been 8 years since that day against Millwall in 95, last game of the season which was an event to say the least, and thought it had pretty much died a death at that point.

There was something in the air around that time. A mob left the ground at half time at Coventry a few weeks before that and caused trouble in the city.

While that was happening, we were overturning a 2-0 deficit to win 4-2.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

On this day in 1973... on 16:34 - Jan 15 with 376 viewsnoggin

On this day in 1973... on 16:05 - Jan 15 by gainsboroughblue

There was something in the air around that time. A mob left the ground at half time at Coventry a few weeks before that and caused trouble in the city.

While that was happening, we were overturning a 2-0 deficit to win 4-2.

I was at that Coventry game.There was a rather overweight Cov fan baiting our lot and he got dogs abuse. Great day out and a great game.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

On this day in 1973... on 17:53 - Jan 15 with 338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On this day in 1973... on 15:37 - Jan 15 by brazil1982

The last tie I witnessed aggro at a match was Morecambe v FC Halifax a couple of years back, FA Cup round 1. Not a large crowd but quite a few from Halifax (my local non league club) who decided to cause trouble, and apparently a load of Bury fans also turned up for a fight.

It was all very odd. Loads of police droughted in at the end.

The main reason for going was to sample the famous Morecambe pie. It was awful. Oh, and the match ended 0-0 too.

Bet the police were thirsty after that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024