Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another step closer 22:41 - Jan 14 with 1232 viewsPendejo

My wife received a forwarded email today from someone she'd worked at close quarters with on Monday... Positive for covid, tested on Monday, same day as she volunteered at the food hub.

So today's operations quickly changed to delivery only with a much reduced staff and after a clean up. It's actually getting harder to get volunteers as they're getting scared.

We stopped in a supermarket car park and search for testing appointments, as luck would have it there was a testing station close to where we'd park and slots available. So the gag reflex has been tickled and nose irritated... And now we wait.

Whilst hands, face, space has been our mantra who knows how close the contact has been with the virus, until too late.

I have absolutely no symptoms but didn't work closely with the person, my wife has had an intermittent dry cough (definitely not continuous) but claims to have lost her sense of smell.

Ominous but I'm sure it'll be nothing.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Yet another step closer on 22:45 - Jan 14 with 1183 viewsChurchman

Hopefully it’s not COVID but it’s naturally everyone’s first thought with any cough or a sneeze or anything else. But It is winter, rubbish weather and the usual selection of winter viruses are out there. I’m sure everything will be fine.
Yet another step closer on 22:52 - Jan 14 with 1151 viewsBlueBadger

Yet another step closer on 22:45 - Jan 14 by Churchman

Hopefully it’s not COVID but it’s naturally everyone’s first thought with any cough or a sneeze or anything else. But It is winter, rubbish weather and the usual selection of winter viruses are out there. I’m sure everything will be fine.

I've had a persistent yet intermittent dry cough since having a Viral Nasty back in January last year.

It's a little 'embarrassing' at the moment.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 22:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yet another step closer on 01:17 - Jan 15 with 991 viewsRyorry

Yet another step closer on 22:45 - Jan 14 by Churchman

If anyone's able to catch any "ordinary" cold, flu or virus, then surely that indicates either "hands-space-face" isn't working, or that people haven't been following the guidelines strictly enough?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yet another step closer on 01:22 - Jan 15 with 987 viewsRyorry

Yet another step closer on 22:52 - Jan 14 by BlueBadger

I've had a persistent yet intermittent dry cough since having a Viral Nasty back in January last year.

It's a little 'embarrassing' at the moment.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 22:53]

Same problem, having hay-fever, asthma & chronic bronchitis (although unlike you I'm mostly removed from society both polite & impolite, it can still be quite worrying for the very occasional stranger who hears me when I'm out walking the mutt).

Yet another step closer on 08:38 - Jan 15 with 795 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't bank on it. We were convinced that WifeSentence would test negative as she had none of the typical symptoms. No such luck.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yet another step closer on 09:04 - Jan 15 with 733 viewsDanTheMan

Yet another step closer on 08:38 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Don't bank on it. We were convinced that WifeSentence would test negative as she had none of the typical symptoms. No such luck.

Similar here. Partner had a headache and was sneezing a lot.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yet another step closer on 09:06 - Jan 15 with 719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best of luck with that Pendejo. I found the nose bit worse than the throat bit. Spent about the next 2 minutes sneezing my head off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yet another step closer on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 691 viewsitfcjoe

My wife's grandad is in hospital with it, her Un cle who is 50ish is totally knocked out by it - has his daughter basically full time caring for him, and says he just wants to go into a coma for a few days as it's totally unbearable - don't think he realises yet that it will take him weeks to recover.

Spoke to our structural engineer yesterday, he was totally knocked out by it for 2 weeks, lost 2 stone in weight

One of our employees is self isolating, as his wife tested positive, just been told she is in hospital now (late 30s).

It's here, and it's not good
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:13]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another step closer on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 678 viewsChurchman

Yet another step closer on 01:17 - Jan 15 by Ryorry

If anyone's able to catch any "ordinary" cold, flu or virus, then surely that indicates either "hands-space-face" isn't working, or that people haven't been following the guidelines strictly enough?

In theory, yes but I guess with hands space face it’s about reducing risk not eliminating it, given the number of viruses meant to be out there. It’ll be interesting to see the year on year stats on colds and flu when they are collated when this is over.
Yet another step closer on 09:16 - Jan 15 with 670 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yet another step closer on 09:12 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

My wife's grandad is in hospital with it, her Un cle who is 50ish is totally knocked out by it - has his daughter basically full time caring for him, and says he just wants to go into a coma for a few days as it's totally unbearable - don't think he realises yet that it will take him weeks to recover.

Spoke to our structural engineer yesterday, he was totally knocked out by it for 2 weeks, lost 2 stone in weight

One of our employees is self isolating, as his wife tested positive, just been told she is in hospital now (late 30s).

It's here, and it's not good
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:13]

The recovery's a pain in the arse. I'm managing small walks but I'm huffing and puffing like I'm doing hill runs even when my heart rate is only about 115. I'm over 6 weeks since the positive test and things haven't changed over the last 3 weeks, so god knows how long it will take to properly get over it. Some people report long Covid lasting for many months (sorry to be a pessimistic sod!). It seems different for everyone though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yet another step closer on 09:39 - Jan 15 with 630 viewsRyorry

Yet another step closer on 09:16 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

The recovery's a pain in the arse. I'm managing small walks but I'm huffing and puffing like I'm doing hill runs even when my heart rate is only about 115. I'm over 6 weeks since the positive test and things haven't changed over the last 3 weeks, so god knows how long it will take to properly get over it. Some people report long Covid lasting for many months (sorry to be a pessimistic sod!). It seems different for everyone though.

Sorry to hear that Swanners, and same re others affected - do hope things improve very soon.

Yet another step closer on 09:48 - Jan 15 with 611 viewsCoastalblue

I found out yesterday that somebody I know has died from Covid, the first person I've actually known and it really does bring it home. He was n the older age group and was undergoing treatment for cancer but it's Covid that killed him.

I lost my Dad 4 years ago to lung cancer, he'd had respiratory problems for a couple of years, I can't imagine what the worry would have been like if he was still here with this happening.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024