Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Covid News 06:44 - Jan 15 with 2567 viewsElderGrizzly

Corner being turned...

Good Covid News on 07:29 - Jan 15 with 1524 views26_Paz

You think that little bump early jan is Christmas?

The Paz Man

Good Covid News on 08:49 - Jan 15 with 1385 viewslowhouseblue

Good Covid News on 07:29 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

You think that little bump early jan is Christmas?

i assume the big spurt is the new variant, the general fall is a combination of tier 4 followed by lockdown plus an element of the new variant burning itself out. as you say the small january quickening is mixing over christmas.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good Covid News on 08:51 - Jan 15 with 1365 views26_Paz

Good Covid News on 08:49 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

i assume the big spurt is the new variant, the general fall is a combination of tier 4 followed by lockdown plus an element of the new variant burning itself out. as you say the small january quickening is mixing over christmas.

That’s what I thought, cheers. Interesting about burning out though, hadn’t thought of that
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:52]

The Paz Man

Good Covid News on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 1343 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who has hacked EG’s account?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good Covid News on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1335 viewslowhouseblue

Good Covid News on 08:51 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

That’s what I thought, cheers. Interesting about burning out though, hadn’t thought of that
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:52]

the areas of kent which had the new variant early and saw dramatic rises in cases are interesting. their numbers started to fall quite rapidly a few weeks ago. i assume that amongst those who were out and about and at risk of catching, it had infected a high enough proportion to slow itself down.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good Covid News on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1322 viewsIpswichKnight

I did say earlier this week that the Zoe data was saying this was happening.
Good Covid News on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 1310 viewshype313

R number is apparently 0.6 across the UK too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Good Covid News on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 1275 views26_Paz

Good Covid News on 08:57 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

the areas of kent which had the new variant early and saw dramatic rises in cases are interesting. their numbers started to fall quite rapidly a few weeks ago. i assume that amongst those who were out and about and at risk of catching, it had infected a high enough proportion to slow itself down.

Really interesting, thanks

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Grizzers will be along.... on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 1273 viewsBloots

....in a minute to debunk this data.

Oh hang on.....

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Good Covid News on 09:17 - Jan 15 with 1256 viewsStokieBlue

Excellent.

Although it does tend to prove that we need to stick in at least tier 4 until enough people are vaccinated as otherwise it will surge again.

Deaths are still very high but that should start to decline looking at the trends there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good Covid News on 09:20 - Jan 15 with 1245 viewsAce_High1

Good Covid News on 09:17 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

Excellent.

Although it does tend to prove that we need to stick in at least tier 4 until enough people are vaccinated as otherwise it will surge again.

Deaths are still very high but that should start to decline looking at the trends there.

SB

Yes but great to see some positive trends in the data.

As you say death rates will sadly be very high for the next 2-3 weeks but lets hope this is the beginning of the end (of the virus/restrictions) and as every week passes more people are vaccinated and we are making progress.
Good Covid News on 09:20 - Jan 15 with 1245 viewsgainsboroughblue

Good Covid News on 09:17 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

Excellent.

SB

Absolutely. I think this stop-start tiering/locking down is more detrimental to people's confidence that we will come out of this than one full concentrated effort at really stamping the numbers down.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Good Covid News on 09:28 - Jan 15 with 1214 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 09:20 - Jan 15 by Ace_High1

As you say death rates will sadly be very high for the next 2-3 weeks but lets hope this is the beginning of the end (of the virus/restrictions) and as every week passes more people are vaccinated and we are making progress.

Yes, it's very good news.

Probably still realistically looking at April at the earliest before any restrictions can be meaningfully eased though.

The vaccine progress has actually been rather good, lets hope the government keep on top of it.

SB

Good Covid News on 09:32 - Jan 15 with 1201 viewsElderGrizzly

Good Covid News on 09:20 - Jan 15 by Ace_High1

Read an ‘expert’ yesterday say that for every 100,000 cases now, we should expect around 750 deaths a few weeks later.

Lets hope the cases keep falling
Good Covid News on 09:33 - Jan 15 with 1193 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 08:58 - Jan 15 by hype313

Really? That's very low, much lower than was expected with the new variant. Just shows that unfortunately we need to restrictions if we have any chance of controlling the R.

Seems at odds to what they were saying 3 days ago which was between 1 and 1.4 across the country.

This was from 3 minutes ago and says it's shrinking and possibly 0.9 but not as low as 0.6 (it's not been that low for ages).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/r-value-now-below-one-19630210

Either way, anything below 1 is great news.

SB

Good Covid News on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 1186 views26_Paz

Good Covid News on 09:28 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

Probably still realistically looking at April at the earliest before any restrictions can be meaningfully eased though.

The vaccine progress has actually been rather good, lets hope the government keep on top of it.

SB

If things carry on looking good maybe some minor easing of restrictions in March I’m thinking

The Paz Man

Good Covid News on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 1191 viewsElderGrizzly

SB

Agree.

We need those vulnerable to have the second doses of vaccine before anything is lifted as one dose of Pfizer only gets you to 52% efficacy (after 2 weeks). 2nd dose takes you to 95%

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:35]
Good Covid News on 09:37 - Jan 15 with 1182 viewsElderGrizzly

Good Covid News on 08:58 - Jan 15 by hype313

Health warning, it was the Daily Mail and 0.6 only referred to London and South East

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9146177/Boris-Johnson-delays-tougher-lo
Good Covid News on 09:40 - Jan 15 with 1169 viewsGeoffSentence

SB

The roll out of vaccinations is just about the one thing that this government has done in a timely fashion in this pandemic.

Everything else, from not locking down until after Cheltenham was done, to putting the latest round of restrictions in place sometime after it became obvious theywe re needed, has been on the drag.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Good Covid News on 09:42 - Jan 15 with 1162 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 09:34 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

If things carry on looking good maybe some minor easing of restrictions in March I’m thinking

What would you call "minor easing"?

SB

Good Covid News on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 1156 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 09:37 - Jan 15 by ElderGrizzly

Health warning, it was the Daily Mail and 0.6 only referred to London and South East

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9146177/Boris-Johnson-delays-tougher-lo

Ah, that makes more sense.

It still seems above 1 in quite a few areas outside the SE.

SB

Good Covid News on 09:44 - Jan 15 with 1147 viewsElderGrizzly

Good Covid News on 09:42 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Check with Arthur Scargill
Good Covid News on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1130 viewsclive_baker

It's almost like closing schools makes a difference

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Good Covid News on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 1116 viewscatch74

Good Covid News on 08:57 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

Or the schools closed and there weren’t thousands of kids with no symptoms spreading it?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Good Covid News on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 1111 views26_Paz

Good Covid News on 09:42 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Depends what the numbers are looking like at the time but maybe extend bubbles a little bit. If it’s really going well and the weather is decent maybe even beer gardens.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024