Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Covid News 06:44 - Jan 15 with 2568 viewsElderGrizzly

Corner being turned...

All the pubs open and..... on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 634 viewsBloots

Good Covid News on 09:42 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

What would you call "minor easing"?

SB

....everyone "on the lash".

Probably.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Good Covid News on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 634 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 09:50 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

Depends what the numbers are looking like at the time but maybe extend bubbles a little bit. If it’s really going well and the weather is decent maybe even beer gardens.

So basically open the pubs.

At least your consistent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good Covid News on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 634 viewshype313

Depends what the numbers are looking like at the time but maybe extend bubbles a little bit. If it’s really going well and the weather is decent maybe even beer gardens.

Read a piece on Israel earlier, they are keeping the lockdown strict until they have vaccinated the majority, which should be too long given the speed they are rolling it out, and as well as we're doing I can't see restrictions easing until we have at least done the over 50's (which by all accounts they plan by the end of March) so I think we all have to look at after Easter before schools go back, pubs reopen etc.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Do you have a..... on 09:56 - Jan 15 with 629 viewsBloots

...."special relationship" with alcohol?

Do you have a..... on 09:58 - Jan 15 with 622 views26_Paz

Do you have a..... on 09:56 - Jan 15 by Bloots

...."special relationship" with alcohol?

No mate. I just live on my own and I’m looking forward to being able to do something that’s not sitting in the one bedroom flat I live in. Sorry if that offends you

The Paz Man

Do you have a..... on 10:03 - Jan 15 with 620 viewsGeoffSentence

Do you have a..... on 09:58 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

No mate. I just live on my own and I’m looking forward to being able to do something that’s not sitting in the one bedroom flat I live in. Sorry if that offends you

Isolation and social distancing must be really crappy in those circumstances. It is easy for those of use with families, gardens and easy access to the countryside to forget just how difficult it must be to be stuck in a flat on your own.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It doesn't offend me "mate", but.... on 10:04 - Jan 15 with 618 viewsBloots

Do you have a..... on 09:58 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

....there is more to life than the pub.

Maybe you could look forward to lockdown lifting so that you could join a local choral society, maybe a pottery club, a bit of metal detecting, maybe a few ends of lawn green bowls with your pals.

Something wholesome.

Good Covid News on 10:05 - Jan 15 with 613 viewsIpswichKnight

Maybe allowing the 2000 limited crowds back to sporting events ( as well as Theatre and concerts ) with the social distancing in place might be one thing to look at if and it has to be a big IF the figures continue to be positive and the vaccinations keep going to plan.
Login to get fewer ads

It doesn't offend me "mate", but.... on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 598 views26_Paz

It doesn't offend me "mate", but.... on 10:04 - Jan 15 by Bloots

....there is more to life than the pub.

Maybe you could look forward to lockdown lifting so that you could join a local choral society, maybe a pottery club, a bit of metal detecting, maybe a few ends of lawn green bowls with your pals.

Something wholesome.

That’s not funny

The Paz Man

Good Covid News on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 593 views26_Paz

Good Covid News on 10:05 - Jan 15 by IpswichKnight

Maybe allowing the 2000 limited crowds back to sporting events ( as well as Theatre and concerts ) with the social distancing in place might be one thing to look at if and it has to be a big IF the figures continue to be positive and the vaccinations keep going to plan.

For me I’m really missing grass roots football.
Transmission is very low outside. I think they should look at allowing outdoor team sports as one of the first easings. No changing rooms, no bar etc, just turn up and play. Very low risk.

The Paz Man

Good Covid News on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 600 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 10:05 - Jan 15 by IpswichKnight

Theatre and concerts (indoors which they would have to be in March) aren't going to work. It's too much of an enclosed space even with distancing if someone has it then a lot of people are going to get it even with masks.

Going to be a bit longer for those I am afraid :(.

SB

Oh come on, at least.... on 10:10 - Jan 15 with 601 viewsBloots

It doesn't offend me "mate", but.... on 10:07 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

That’s not funny

...I put some effort into it and didn't just call you a "right wing loon".

Chins up.

Good Covid News on 10:11 - Jan 15 with 598 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good Covid News on 07:29 - Jan 15 by 26_Paz

You think that little bump early jan is Christmas?

The title says the data has been smoothed for Christmas and New Year effects so it is not raw data and that should not be the reason for the bump.

It is good news provided the smoothing is accurate. However, the raw data will be far worse - this data does not show the actual situation because it has been smoothed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good Covid News on 15:29 - Jan 15 with 532 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 08:58 - Jan 15 by hype313

R number is apparently 0.6 across the UK too.

They just announced the official data shows an R of between 1.2 and 1.3 across the UK as of 11th January (the most recent data they have).

SB

Good Covid News on 15:31 - Jan 15 with 529 viewshype313

Good Covid News on 15:29 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

They just announced the official data shows an R of between 1.2 and 1.3 across the UK as of 11th January (the most recent data they have).

SB

Yeah, just saw that, racking my brain to remember where I saw that figure of 0.6 this morning.

Thought it sounded to good to be true.

Good Covid News on 15:34 - Jan 15 with 527 viewslowhouseblue

Good Covid News on 15:31 - Jan 15 by hype313

Yeah, just saw that, racking my brain to remember where I saw that figure of 0.6 this morning.

it will vary by region -so one of the ones with falling cases may have that figure.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good Covid News on 15:36 - Jan 15 with 524 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 15:34 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

it will vary by region -so one of the ones with falling cases may have that figure.

London is between 0.9 and 1.2 from the latest data.

Given that I don't think there is anywhere large enough that can bring the average down to 0.6.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 15:36]

Good Covid News on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 513 viewsJ2BLUE

Good Covid News on 15:36 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

London is between 0.9 and 1.2 from the latest data.

Given that I don't think there is anywhere large enough that can bring the average down to 0.6.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 15:36]

According to Sky that data is two weeks old.

The weekly ZOE updates have been generally spot on for trends all the way through and suggest the R rate for many areas (including the east) is below one.

Lets hope so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good Covid News on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 513 viewsMookamoo

You're not going mad, I saw that this morning. I think it was on a link from the BBC homepage quoting one of the morning newspapers. If I remember correctly, it mentioned 'swathes' of the country are now as low as 0.6.
Good Covid News on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 505 viewsStokieBlue

Good Covid News on 15:43 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

According to Sky that data is two weeks old.

The weekly ZOE updates have been generally spot on for trends all the way through and suggest the R rate for many areas (including the east) is below one.

Lets hope so.

They said it was up to the 11th January so it's 4 days old.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk

Did you ever find any links for comparison of the historical Zoe data to realised data - I forgot to look. It's very interesting and shows crowd-sourcing of data can be a very effective tool.

The R could be below 1 in London and probably is in the SE. The tier 4 and lockdown restrictions seem to be working well, unfortunately that will mean there will be a heavy push to relax them and if that happens we will be in trouble again I think. We should persist until after the Feb half-time as was originally planned to really knock down the R as much as possible.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 15:51]

Good Covid News on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 502 viewshype313

Good Covid News on 15:43 - Jan 15 by Mookamoo

You're not going mad, I saw that this morning. I think it was on a link from the BBC homepage quoting one of the morning newspapers. If I remember correctly, it mentioned 'swathes' of the country are now as low as 0.6.

Yes, that was it, might have been the section highlighting todays front pages

Good Covid News on 15:51 - Jan 15 with 487 viewsBloomBlue

Apparently the Daily Mirror had a story about the R rate being at 0.6 in some parts of the UK, although I will add I'm quoting that from someone who mentioned it on the radio earlier so limited proof I'm quoting the Mirror correctly but maybe you 'heard' it from the Mirror?
Good Covid News on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 472 viewsbluelagos

Good Covid News on 15:46 - Jan 15 by hype313

Yes, that was it, might have been the section highlighting todays front pages

I heard it - think it was Northern Ireland that was down at 0.9 to 0.6.

Anyhow - it does seem that new tests are showing a plateauing / small drops of positive tests nationwide suggesting the lockdown is doing it's thing, thankfully.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good Covid News on 16:02 - Jan 15 with 472 viewsJ2BLUE

Good Covid News on 15:46 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

Did you ever find any links for comparison of the historical Zoe data to realised data - I forgot to look. It's very interesting and shows crowd-sourcing of data can be a very effective tool.

The R could be below 1 in London and probably is in the SE. The tier 4 and lockdown restrictions seem to be working well, unfortunately that will mean there will be a heavy push to relax them and if that happens we will be in trouble again I think. We should persist until after the Feb half-time as was originally planned to really knock down the R as much as possible.

SB

I can't find any long term comparison of zoe data as I tend to get it weekly via John Campbell. You could look back through their video updates on Youtube if you wanted. Usually posted on Wednesday/Thursday and only a few minutes long each.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good Covid News on 16:08 - Jan 15 with 461 viewsbluelagos

Good Covid News on 15:46 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

SB

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/14/plan-to-discharge-covid-patient

If you use the map on here you can see for any area the weekly movement. So Babergh is down 12%. Some places in Kent are down 30%. Ipswich up 3.5%.

BL

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024