Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is everything I can't stand about our manager 12:02 - Jan 15 with 1484 viewsclive_baker

Is he confident Evans will continue to back him? “I don’t really care, to be honest. What do you do? I said this to you last season, if Marcus says to go, you go. If Marcus says you say, you stay. I don’t have a problem. I get on really well with him, I don’t really get involved with this stuff.”

Asked to clarify what he meant by that, he added: “What I’m saying is, what can I do about it? If somebody comes and says ‘listen, you need to leave’, what can I do? You just say ‘OK, thank you very much, see you later’.

“You have to remember, I was at the highest level of football and I know how it works. I’ve worked with unbelievable managers, no stress, no nothing, pure stone cold focused on what I had to do.

How on earth can a manager sit there and criticise his team for not working hard, and relying on ability, before saying they don't care and pointing to past achievements, with absolutely no hint of irony.

The bloke's a fecking moron. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've come to the conclusion that Lambert's just a bit thick.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 1278 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

To be fair, he clarified what he meant by not caring - as in he can't do anything about it if ME wants to relieve him of his duties.

And he wasn't pointing to past achievements, he was saying he's played at the top with all those pressures, so he knows how it works and knows there's nothing you can do about it (if the boss wants to fire you).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:14 - Jan 15 with 1229 viewsclive_baker

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:06 - Jan 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

To be fair, he clarified what he meant by not caring - as in he can't do anything about it if ME wants to relieve him of his duties.

And he wasn't pointing to past achievements, he was saying he's played at the top with all those pressures, so he knows how it works and knows there's nothing you can do about it (if the boss wants to fire you).

There's no to be fair about it.

Why shouldn't here care? He should be deeply hurt if he's dismissed of his responsibilities. Anyone who cared about the outcome and direction of the club would care. And yes, I would fully expect him to challenge back, not say 'OK, I'll pack my bags'. This acceptance of stagnation and mediocrity that runs throughout the club and its supporters is so damaging.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 1222 viewsLankHenners

Replied similar in another thread - he's just going through the motions at this point, all interest in the club has gone and he's just so comfortable in his position that he doesn't feel he needs to make the effort.

I really can't stand him - he's a stain on this club both in his performance on the pitch and his behaviour off it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 1229 viewsDyland

He's stopped even making an effort. The incompetence so blindingly obvious (at least in hindsight) was mitigated by enthusiasm and energy. He's a shell of a man (Covid to blame here too), and way past his sell by date as ITFC manager, or any club for that matter. The attitude and demeanour absolutely stinks.

It's a win-win for Lambert. He stays, he gets paid; he's fired, he gets compensation.

Evans is a fooking idiot and I've had enough of his useless sh1t. Sorry that's abusive but I can't help it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oh stop it ffs Jerseys on 12:16 - Jan 15 with 1204 viewsDyland

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:06 - Jan 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Come on....

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 1194 viewsclive_baker

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:15 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

Replied similar in another thread - he's just going through the motions at this point, all interest in the club has gone and he's just so comfortable in his position that he doesn't feel he needs to make the effort.

I really can't stand him - he's a stain on this club both in his performance on the pitch and his behaviour off it.

It's the apathy of it all that gets to me. He should care. That's the absolute heart of the issue. He's disengaged, detached, and as you say just going through the motions until his next pay day. It's absolutely bonkers.

For all the stick Jewel got, he did care. And was dignified when it clearly wasn't working. Lambert's a busted flush, a thick, arrogant t0sser, and doesn't give 2 sh1ts about anyone but himself.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:23 - Jan 15 with 1175 viewsMattinLondon

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:14 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

Why shouldn't here care? He should be deeply hurt if he's dismissed of his responsibilities. Anyone who cared about the outcome and direction of the club would care. And yes, I would fully expect him to challenge back, not say 'OK, I'll pack my bags'. This acceptance of stagnation and mediocrity that runs throughout the club and its supporters is so damaging.

To a certain extent it’s simply bravado. He comes across as quite egotistical so not being liked, and knowing that he is falling well well short, is hurting his sense of self-importance. He’s just over compensating this failing by shrugging his shoulders and saying that he doesn’t care.

A bit like the kid at school who does badly at something he likes and says the Dane ‘I don’t care’ line.
This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:27 - Jan 15 with 1167 viewsLankHenners

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:19 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

It's the apathy of it all that gets to me. He should care. That's the absolute heart of the issue. He's disengaged, detached, and as you say just going through the motions until his next pay day. It's absolutely bonkers.

For all the stick Jewel got, he did care. And was dignified when it clearly wasn't working. Lambert's a busted flush, a thick, arrogant t0sser, and doesn't give 2 sh1ts about anyone but himself.

Yes, whatever you can level at Jewell, he knew when he had outstayed his welcome and told Evans to do the right thing. He knew he needed to go then to allow someone else the time to save us.

In hindsight that was a warning sign that whilst Evans gives managers time (unless they're a nuclear bomb of a disaster like Hurst), he's too slow/reluctant to make those decisions if no-one really gets in his ear. You've summed up Lambert there - no way he's going to admit he's out of whatever ideas he had in the first place, more than happy to pick up what is presumably a very handsome pay packet regardless of the damage he's doing to the club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:30 - Jan 15 with 1141 viewsitfcjoe

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:19 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

The only relationship he is interested in managing and good at is the one with the chairman when it comes to staying in work.

He should care - could you imagine Kieron Dyer and Terry Butcher talking like that about the club, compare what we hear from Lambert with the positivity we are hearing from Dyer at the moment. He wouldn't be my pick personally, but it just needs someone to lift the whole place.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 1113 viewsDyland

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:23 - Jan 15 by MattinLondon

To a certain extent it’s simply bravado. He comes across as quite egotistical so not being liked, and knowing that he is falling well well short, is hurting his sense of self-importance. He’s just over compensating this failing by shrugging his shoulders and saying that he doesn’t care.

A bit like the kid at school who does badly at something he likes and says the Dane ‘I don’t care’ line.

I can empathise with that myself ;)

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 1114 viewsclive_baker

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:23 - Jan 15 by MattinLondon

I think you're giving him too much credit, I really don't think he cares at all. If it was just the public persona that's one thing, but its not.

Even if that was the case, it's concerning if nothing else from a man management perspective that he appears unable to make the link between a manager showing some care for the outcome and his future, and cultivating that same spirit within the squad. He literally criticised the 'running' on Saturday, and said it doesn't matter how good a player you are without the effort, then in the very next breath says he doesn't care if he's sacked and that he's played at the top level.

The bloke's a busted flush. There's no coming back from this, and ME is simply delaying the inevitable now.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:13 - Jan 15 with 1034 viewschrismakin

" Chambers. Stop giving the ball away or I might need to make changes"

"Dont really care to be honest"

" Jackson stick the ball away or I might need to bring Norwood in

"Dont really care to be honest

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 1008 viewsBlueBadger

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:15 - Jan 15 by Dyland

He's stopped even making an effort. The incompetence so blindingly obvious (at least in hindsight) was mitigated by enthusiasm and energy. He's a shell of a man (Covid to blame here too), and way past his sell by date as ITFC manager, or any club for that matter. The attitude and demeanour absolutely stinks.

It's a win-win for Lambert. He stays, he gets paid; he's fired, he gets compensation.

Evans is a fooking idiot and I've had enough of his useless sh1t. Sorry that's abusive but I can't help it.

I think we're allowed to call football managers nasty names, it's only incompetent right-wing politicians who are trying to justify starving British children or big contacts to their equally incompetent mates that we're not allowed to call nasty names.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 1004 viewsghostofescobar

For a so called "PR" genius, he's utterly missed the point . No fans want to hear that their club means so little to the manager, that he effectively says "I couldn't give a flying one" if he has to leave it. No matter what he actually believes, all he has to say is something along the lines of "I'd be gutted. This is such a great club, such history, incredibly patient fans, I'd feel I'd failed. I love the area, the set up is all there to be in the Championship at least, so yes, I'd be gutted". It's not difficult, is it? Unless you are a belligerent self obsessive who thinks we are a bit beneath him.

GhostOfEscobar

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 995 viewsWD19

I just cannot abide him.

I loathed Keane, but failure would have wounded his professional pride and there would have been some kind of reaction or attempt to change things (up to and including stomping out and letting us move on)

Jewell was clueless at times, but was embarrassed enough by failure to apologise and leave.

Lambert is just going to skulk about like a teenager taking Evans money for as long as he can get away with.......

I despise him in a way I never thought possible for a town manager......and it has absolutely nothing to do with his past work history.
This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 992 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans you muppet.
This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:32 - Jan 15 with 976 viewsIllinoisblue

I could live with his abrasive attitude if he had the results to back it up but he’s literally been a failure for a decade. And the crazy thing is, when he leaves us - soon hopefully - he’ll waltz into another job.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 936 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 12:14 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

I think you're reading too much into it. He's just being bullish. He says elsewhere every loss hurts, so obviously losing his job will.

This is not me defending Lambert's managerial abilities, for the hard of thinking. I just think getting hung up on what manager's say is pointless. There's enough to be worried about without adding this guff to it.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:53 - Jan 15 with 940 viewsBlueBadger

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:25 - Jan 15 by ghostofescobar

For a so called "PR" genius, he's utterly missed the point . No fans want to hear that their club means so little to the manager, that he effectively says "I couldn't give a flying one" if he has to leave it. No matter what he actually believes, all he has to say is something along the lines of "I'd be gutted. This is such a great club, such history, incredibly patient fans, I'd feel I'd failed. I love the area, the set up is all there to be in the Championship at least, so yes, I'd be gutted". It's not difficult, is it? Unless you are a belligerent self obsessive who thinks we are a bit beneath him.

I think that like everything else he does, the PRP stuff was a 'well, the bare minimum I can get away with doing' exercise that was as shallow and lacking in substance as his coaching, tactics and ability to select a team.

It's just that people thought he was doing a good job at it because the two previous incumbents weren't really very interested in the PR side of things - Mick because he was old school(and arguably even a bit naive) enough to think that results would be the only PR he needed and Hurst because he was an unlikeable turd, so it got lapped up unquestioned by a large section of the fanbase.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 14:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Oh stop it ffs Jerseys on 13:54 - Jan 15 with 929 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oh stop it ffs Jerseys on 12:16 - Jan 15 by Dyland

Come on....

You know I'm right...

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:55 - Jan 15 with 917 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Totally. I'm glad someone else can see it.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 901 viewsWD19

Nobody at my school did this badly.

Even the fat ginger kids.
This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 903 viewsBlueBadger

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:32 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

I could live with his abrasive attitude if he had the results to back it up but he’s literally been a failure for a decade. And the crazy thing is, when he leaves us - soon hopefully - he’ll waltz into another job.

He's never working again as a football manager and he knows it. That's why he's clinging on as hard as he can.

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 14:04 - Jan 15 with 889 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 14:01 - Jan 15 by WD19

Nobody at my school did this badly.

Even the fat ginger kids.

haha

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 14:05 - Jan 15 with 885 viewsclive_baker

This is everything I can't stand about our manager on 13:55 - Jan 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Totally. I'm glad someone else can see it.

Perhaps that would be plausible if it were only words, and his actions contradicted them, but from what I can see and hear he's totally checked out.

Your continued support of him is admirable, but he's a busted flush. Utterly busted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024