Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the next four games make or break our season? 12:08 - Jan 15 with 1756 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Burton (A) 24th
Posh (H) 5th
Sunderland (A) 10th
Crewe (A) 9th

If we have any serious hopes of going up, we need to start beating the teams around us and a terrible run of results here won’t give us much confidence for the second half of the season. A bad run could land us 7/8 points outside the top 6 or a good run could have us back in the top 4.

Then ahead further, and the end of Feb / start of March our run of fixtures is: Hull, Doncaster, Accrington, Gillingham, Lincoln. Crazy that we are even contemplating the thought of games against clubs like that being “big games” - so depressing.

Even worse as we know we need to fall completely out of touch with the play offs for a change of manager to be on the cards. What a ridiculous way of rubbing a football club.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:20 - Jan 15 with 1723 viewsTJS

If we fail yet again against Peterborough and Sunderland at home that would be the final straw at any club with even an ounce of self-respect.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 12:20]
I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 12:24 - Jan 15 with 1709 viewsBloots

...those fixtures.

Won't make any difference though.

Covid innit.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 12:30 - Jan 15 with 1703 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 12:24 - Jan 15 by Bloots

...those fixtures.

Won't make any difference though.

Covid innit.

Won’t be far off. A win tomorrow and then a point at Crewe would be my guess - sign of the times that we even have to “guess” results against the likes of Crewe, Burton and Peterborough.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 1696 viewsNthQldITFC

From where we are 6 points from those four games would be great, even 4 would be arguably above expectation, but I can see us getting 1 or even 0. If that's the case, it is season over UNLESS there is an immediate and effective reboot of management and consequently morale. Then there's still a chance.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We should beat Burton..... on 12:37 - Jan 15 with 1682 viewsBloots

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 12:30 - Jan 15 by Matt_Netherlands

Won’t be far off. A win tomorrow and then a point at Crewe would be my guess - sign of the times that we even have to “guess” results against the likes of Crewe, Burton and Peterborough.

...they are a bit of a mess at the moment.

Crewe are on a really good run, haven't lost for 7 league games.

Doubt we'll get anything out of Sunderland or Peterborough.

What a time to be alive.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:38 - Jan 15 with 1686 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:34 - Jan 15 by NthQldITFC

From where we are 6 points from those four games would be great, even 4 would be arguably above expectation, but I can see us getting 1 or even 0. If that's the case, it is season over UNLESS there is an immediate and effective reboot of management and consequently morale. Then there's still a chance.

Prior to last weekends 1-0 win against Gillingham, Burton had conceded 17 goals in their previous 4 games.... 0-0 incoming!

I can’t see where 6 points would come from to be honest, anything less than 6 points though should have ME’s alarm bells ringing, but we know it won’t. We could lose all 4 games, and he’ll still find a way to blame our injuries plus the 2/3 players that will inevitably get injured over these games too.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:41 - Jan 15 with 1684 viewsitfcjoe

They'll break the season if we pick up enough points, probably 4 or 5, for Pl to cling to his job

They'll make the season if we lose the next 3 and sack him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:42 - Jan 15 with 1680 viewsitfcjoe

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:34 - Jan 15 by NthQldITFC

How can 6 points in 4 games be considered great!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:45 - Jan 15 with 1673 viewsNthQldITFC

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:38 - Jan 15 by Matt_Netherlands

Prior to last weekends 1-0 win against Gillingham, Burton had conceded 17 goals in their previous 4 games.... 0-0 incoming!

I can’t see where 6 points would come from to be honest, anything less than 6 points though should have ME’s alarm bells ringing, but we know it won’t. We could lose all 4 games, and he’ll still find a way to blame our injuries plus the 2/3 players that will inevitably get injured over these games too.

We could and should beat Burton, and could either battle to three draws in the others somehow, or even grab a win in one of the other three games, although both of those latter scenarios feel pretty unlikely to me. But the very fact that we are not thinking in terms of 9, 10, or 12 points from those four games makes me feel really sad for our club.

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:47 - Jan 15 with 1667 viewsNthQldITFC

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 12:42 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

How can 6 points in 4 games be considered great!

Exactly, but from the context of where we are, and just looking at the gaining of points, it would be!

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:05 - Jan 15 with 1609 viewsLankHenners

Burton will be a horrid game where they sit in a very low block whist we pass it around slowly in front of them. It'll probably go in the same way as the home game where we labour to an unconvincing victory but a dire 0-0 or 1-1 really isn't out of the question.

The other 3 teams are actually good and it's genuinely hard to see how we come out of them with anything.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:15 - Jan 15 with 1595 viewsjaykay

haven't we been in this position every year ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:16 - Jan 15 with 1593 viewsjayessess

Well, at the present rate, we're gonna need something like 88 points to finish 2nd and 79 to make the play-offs. Lose all 4 and that'd mean about 56 points from 23 games for automatic promotion or 47 from 23 to scrape into the play-offs and have an outside chance.

The play-off figure alone is "runaway Champions" form and the Top 2 figure would be "best team to ever play in League One" form. So yeah, reckon we need a few results here.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:19 - Jan 15 with 1591 viewsChurchman

We might scrape a point against Burton. We may even steal a win. But against others we are punching well above our weight, so 3 points from those for me would be a decent return.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:37 - Jan 15 with 1564 viewsclive_baker

It's always 'the next X number of games' innit. Tomorrow never comes, there will never be a better time to cut our losses than now. Lambert's finished, it's a when not IF now.

Get rid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 17:15 - Jan 15 with 1502 viewsmonty_radio

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:37 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

It's always 'the next X number of games' innit. Tomorrow never comes, there will never be a better time to cut our losses than now. Lambert's finished, it's a when not IF now.

Get rid.

Frustration shared. But that next run of games does look decisive in that it's hard to imagine more than 4 points gained, if that, which would certainly tell M.E. that it's either another season gone, or time to roll the dice.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 17:21 - Jan 15 with 1491 viewswkj

Our season is already broken. If we get into the playoffs then it is still a failure on Lambert's part. Top 2 is success, everything else is failure - if we get into the playoffs and win - it is borderline acceptable.

I will eat my hat if we end up in the top 2 now, as such, our season is broken.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 17:22 - Jan 15 with 1488 viewswkj

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 12:30 - Jan 15 by Matt_Netherlands

What makes you confident about points vs Crewe, they're one of the better teams on form right now (4th where as we're 15th.)
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 17:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 17:22 - Jan 15 with 1486 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rather than trying to guess how the next 4 games might go, we could look at the last 10.

Out of 2 cup competitions and 10 points in the league.

The longer we persist with doing the same thing, the further we will drop. Currently we are heading for mid table mediocrity. Continue to play like we did on Saturday and we will very soon be in a relegation battle. At the moment those appear to be the only possibilities.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1421 viewsBent_double

If we're gonna get 6 points from those 4 games, I would rather it's wins against Pboro and Sunderland, no point letting either of those get even further ahead of us. Unlikely though, I know.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 1383 viewsgordon

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:16 - Jan 15 by jayessess

Well, at the present rate, we're gonna need something like 88 points to finish 2nd and 79 to make the play-offs. Lose all 4 and that'd mean about 56 points from 23 games for automatic promotion or 47 from 23 to scrape into the play-offs and have an outside chance.

The play-off figure alone is "runaway Champions" form and the Top 2 figure would be "best team to ever play in League One" form. So yeah, reckon we need a few results here.

It's normally something like 72 - 74 points for the last play-off place.
I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 21:02 - Jan 15 with 1340 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I reckon 2 or 3 points from.... on 17:22 - Jan 15 by wkj

What makes you confident about points vs Crewe, they're one of the better teams on form right now (4th where as we're 15th.)
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 17:23]

Was based on getting absolutely pumped by Peterborough and Sunderland, so bouncing back with a triumphant 1-1 draw at Gretsy Road. Watch it, drink it in! What a time to be alive.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 1194 viewsgazzer1999

"Could the next four games make or break our season?" I'm more worried about the next 4 years of his contract.
Could the next four games make or break our season? on 15:36 - Jan 16 with 1172 viewsjayessess

Could the next four games make or break our season? on 19:07 - Jan 15 by gordon

It's normally something like 72 - 74 points for the last play-off place.

last season's ppg for 6th was 78-79, as is this season's

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024