Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the worst... pet? 13:55 - Jan 15 with 5080 viewsfooters

And why is it Any Type of Bird?

Also a shout-out to house rabbits. Little bastards chewed through every wire in the place before the neighbour's cat finally got a hold of them. Dickheads.

The answers will be collated and added to my Best and Worst Things database.

Thank you.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What is the worst... pet? on 15:30 - Jan 15 with 1662 viewsBlueBadger

What is the worst... pet? on 15:26 - Jan 15 by Churchman

Nah, cats are brilliant. The fact they spend time outside is part of the good news. Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Anyway my mate, whose mum gassed her budgie in the 1980s, has an Alsatian dog. It is like a Shetland pony and I hate it. Firstly, it stinks. Secondly, it barks its head off when you go in the house and growls a lot. Thirdly, it has a look in its eye that suggests one missed dinner and it’s likely to make alternative arrangements - with your arm.

And last but not least, it has IBS and aside from my mate having to clear it and the dogs rear end up more than once a day, he has to apply cream to said rear end and rub it in. Oh, and it costs a fortune for food and vets bills.

Cats are rubbish. Any animal that spends that much time indoors and STILL wants a special box indoors to crap in is totally rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My 5 month old lurcher.... on 15:34 - Jan 15 with 1659 viewsBloots

....when she isn't asleep she spends her time biting my ankles/hands, crapping in the hallway, scratching the furniture, stealing food, licking kitchen surfaces and farting in my face.

Annoying little bitch.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Spot on choice of breed, Bloots. (n/t) on 15:38 - Jan 15 with 1645 viewsfooters

My 5 month old lurcher.... on 15:34 - Jan 15 by Bloots

....when she isn't asleep she spends her time biting my ankles/hands, crapping in the hallway, scratching the furniture, stealing food, licking kitchen surfaces and farting in my face.

Annoying little bitch.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

50% greyhound...... on 15:40 - Jan 15 with 1643 viewsBloots

Spot on choice of breed, Bloots. (n/t) on 15:38 - Jan 15 by footers

....25% Saluki and 25% various (inc Lab and Dachs apparently)

She's great really, but all issues stated are very real!

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My 5 month old lurcher.... on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 1626 viewsRyorry

My 5 month old lurcher.... on 15:34 - Jan 15 by Bloots

Annoying little bitch.

Needs a better Manager.

Bloots Out

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What is the worst... pet? on 15:44 - Jan 15 with 1626 viewsGeoffSentence

What is the worst... pet? on 15:06 - Jan 15 by hype313

Cats, they should be on the endangered list.

Awful things.

Absolute vermin, decimate wildlife , clean themselves with spit, spread toxoplasmosis amongst other pathogens. They can and do jump onto everything so all their filfth is spread everywhere.

I have called a truce with our neighbourhood cats recently, on the grounds that my enemy's enemy is my friend. They, the sparrowhawks and my neighbour with an airgun are the only ones doing anthing about the paloma blancas that some arse released into the wild round here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is the worst... pet? on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 1627 viewsDanTheMan

Pigs.

Ignoring the fact people buy "miniature" pigs (also known as piglets by anyone with a brain) they are incredibly destructive and eat absolute shít tonnes of food.

Although apparently quite smart so they at least have that going for them. I imagine the reality of owning a full size pig indoors is not fun.

I do hear birds are essentially just toddlers that don't grow up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What is the worst... pet? on 15:50 - Jan 15 with 1615 viewshype313

What is the worst... pet? on 15:44 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Absolute vermin, decimate wildlife , clean themselves with spit, spread toxoplasmosis amongst other pathogens. They can and do jump onto everything so all their filfth is spread everywhere.

I have called a truce with our neighbourhood cats recently, on the grounds that my enemy's enemy is my friend. They, the sparrowhawks and my neighbour with an airgun are the only ones doing anthing about the paloma blancas that some arse released into the wild round here.

My garden is between two warring Cats, I take great delight in the daily showdown between them trying to use my Garden as an extension of their territory, just as one is getting the upper hand I can hear my neighbors cries of "Mitsy, come home"

if it wasn't for lockdown, they would have finished eachother off, that day is coming, it's what keeps me going through Lockdown.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

What is the worst... pet? on 15:52 - Jan 15 with 1608 viewsgainsboroughblue

A Parrot.

A real talent for getting you in trouble when they repeat later something you mutter to yourself.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What is the worst... pet? on 15:54 - Jan 15 with 1604 viewsjimsymBLUE

I've been looking after my friends pet Tortoise, Frank for the last month or so as she's had to move in with her elderly father.
During the evening he sleeps in his pen but I leave him to wander the white tiled kitchen during the day. This is now when I tell you that tortoises don't pee very often but when they do its quite the pool and also clear....
3 sodding times I've now stepped in it, barefooted yesterday morning and I swear Frank gave me a wry smile as I slid across the room. Git.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

What is the worst... pet? on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 1579 viewsChurchman

Rubbish! They rule the world! Best bad guys in James Bond, witches have them, they are self contained and unless you do their bidding they’ll go elsewhere. They give calmness and interest and are good for blood pressure and mental health, you can leave them to their own devices, they bury their own liquids and solids, they groom themselves, they offer love in a world of hate, Gladstone the Treasury cat is far more intelligent than the Chancellor and who can deny Larry is more able than BJ?

On the dog front another friend of mine has a huge dog called Fred. He was going to visit his mum in Ireland with his misses to took the dogs with him. He decided to keep Fred calm with a sedative. It didn’t go well. Half way to Holyhead Fred exploded. He projectile fire hosed the whole inside of the Jeep Cherokee. An achievement in such a big car. As he pulls into the port, his misses is being violently sick, his small other now coated dog has gone bananas and broken through the dog guard and is flying round the interior further dispensing liquids and solids. The customs official bends down to the open window and reels away to the barrier waving them through.

What did you do, we asked? He said on the other side he hosed down the interior, but his misses was still moaning and the trip had to be completed all windows open. I recommended he burned the car to the axles.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 16:07]
What is the worst... pet? on 16:09 - Jan 15 with 1567 viewsjeera

What is the worst... pet? on 16:06 - Jan 15 by Churchman

Rubbish! They rule the world! Best bad guys in James Bond, witches have them, they are self contained and unless you do their bidding they’ll go elsewhere. They give calmness and interest and are good for blood pressure and mental health, you can leave them to their own devices, they bury their own liquids and solids, they groom themselves, they offer love in a world of hate, Gladstone the Treasury cat is far more intelligent than the Chancellor and who can deny Larry is more able than BJ?

On the dog front another friend of mine has a huge dog called Fred. He was going to visit his mum in Ireland with his misses to took the dogs with him. He decided to keep Fred calm with a sedative. It didn’t go well. Half way to Holyhead Fred exploded. He projectile fire hosed the whole inside of the Jeep Cherokee. An achievement in such a big car. As he pulls into the port, his misses is being violently sick, his small other now coated dog has gone bananas and broken through the dog guard and is flying round the interior further dispensing liquids and solids. The customs official bends down to the open window and reels away to the barrier waving them through.

What did you do, we asked? He said on the other side he hosed down the interior, but his misses was still moaning and the trip had to be completed all windows open. I recommended he burned the car to the axles.

A dog will die for you, no cat will do that.

*Most dogs. I'm not so sure about all greyhounds.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What is the worst... pet? on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 1543 viewsRadlett_blue

What is the worst... pet? on 15:54 - Jan 15 by jimsymBLUE

I've been looking after my friends pet Tortoise, Frank for the last month or so as she's had to move in with her elderly father.
During the evening he sleeps in his pen but I leave him to wander the white tiled kitchen during the day. This is now when I tell you that tortoises don't pee very often but when they do its quite the pool and also clear....
3 sodding times I've now stepped in it, barefooted yesterday morning and I swear Frank gave me a wry smile as I slid across the room. Git.

if you annoy him, he should hiss.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What is the worst... pet? on 16:38 - Jan 15 with 1532 viewsericclacton

The worst pet is when a couple are both wearing boxing gloves.

What is the worst... pet? on 16:38 - Jan 15 with 1536 viewsjeera

What is the worst... pet? on 16:29 - Jan 15 by Radlett_blue

How'd you do that?

Tell it some bad jokes?

Get one of those hare on wheels toys and keep dragging it at great speeds in his sight of vision and challenge him relentlessly?

What is the worst... pet? on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 1518 viewsNthQldITFC

Most cats are w@nkers.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What is the worst... pet? on 17:02 - Jan 15 with 1500 viewsjimsymBLUE

What is the worst... pet? on 16:29 - Jan 15 by Radlett_blue

He's also apparently partial to taking a chunk out of bare fingers and toes if he gets the opportunity. He'll hiss then as he flies through the air!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

What is the worst... pet? on 17:19 - Jan 15 with 1496 viewsSteve_M

What is the worst... pet? on 15:45 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

Pigs.

Ignoring the fact people buy "miniature" pigs (also known as piglets by anyone with a brain) they are incredibly destructive and eat absolute shít tonnes of food.

Although apparently quite smart so they at least have that going for them. I imagine the reality of owning a full size pig indoors is not fun.

I do hear birds are essentially just toddlers that don't grow up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is the worst... pet? on 17:19 - Jan 15 with 1494 viewsfactual_blue

battenberg

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What is the worst... pet? on 17:35 - Jan 15 with 1482 viewsDarth_Koont

Pets that don’t really want to be pets and would never hang around humans.

Rabbits
Assorted rodents
Snakes
Fish

Cats are an interesting one as still seems on their terms. So I think that’s alright.
But generally if you want a pet have a happy one like most dogs. Or take more interest in people and build relationships that way – has the additional benefit that you rarely have to pick up their poo or meet their gaze while they take a dump.

Pronouns: He/Him

What is the worst... pet? on 17:57 - Jan 15 with 1464 viewsjeera

What is the worst... pet? on 17:35 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

Pets that don’t really want to be pets and would never hang around humans.

Rabbits
Assorted rodents
Snakes
Fish

Cats are an interesting one as still seems on their terms. So I think that’s alright.
But generally if you want a pet have a happy one like most dogs. Or take more interest in people and build relationships that way – has the additional benefit that you rarely have to pick up their poo or meet their gaze while they take a dump.

"Or take more interest in people and build relationships that way."

Have you met people!?

Agree on the cat point as if they don't want to be there they'll just clear off.

Dogs are just great and love most people. They're so simple in that if you're nice to them then they're generally nice in return. And they tend to love the trappings that come with living with humans too: warmth, a bed, food on tap, TV, a good game of chess...

What is the worst... pet? on 18:01 - Jan 15 with 1460 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What is the worst... pet? on 17:57 - Jan 15 by jeera

Have you met people!?

Agree on the cat point as if they don't want to be there they'll just clear off.

Dogs are just great and love most people. They're so simple in that if you're nice to them then they're generally nice in return. And they tend to love the trappings that come with living with humans too: warmth, a bed, food on tap, TV, a good game of chess...

You've met my pooch then.

Grand master standard.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

What is the worst... pet? on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 1444 viewsbluewark

Canaries , yellow vermin.
What is the worst... pet? on 18:21 - Jan 15 with 1442 viewsChurchman

What is the worst... pet? on 17:57 - Jan 15 by jeera

Have you met people!?

My grandmothers terrier called Chum wasn’t nice. It used to tear the @rse out of the postman’s trousers on a daily basis.

As for cats, they’ll be your best, loyal buddy if you look after them. If you don’t, they’ll upgrade. That’s just sensible

Kitties rule!

Tortoises? Just a meat pie with legs. Pointless things.
What is the worst... pet? on 18:27 - Jan 15 with 1435 viewsRyorry

What is the worst... pet? on 16:06 - Jan 15 by Churchman

"they bury their own liquids and solids,"

#FakeInfo. They don't, they just splatter them all over other peoples' gardens, incl. my own painstakingly grown veg incl lettuces, celery etc that you can't even peel & cook.

It's quite rightly an offence in many council areas to not pick up after your dog - why is it considered OK for people to let their cats out totally unsupervised to leave their turds all over other peoples' gardens, incl those where young kids play??

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024