Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the worst... pet? 13:55 - Jan 15 with 5108 viewsfooters

And why is it Any Type of Bird?

Also a shout-out to house rabbits. Little bastards chewed through every wire in the place before the neighbour's cat finally got a hold of them. Dickheads.

The answers will be collated and added to my Best and Worst Things database.

Thank you.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What is the worst... pet? on 18:29 - Jan 15 with 1850 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What is the worst... pet? on 18:27 - Jan 15 by Ryorry

"they bury their own liquids and solids,"

#FakeInfo. They don't, they just splatter them all over other peoples' gardens, incl. my own painstakingly grown veg incl lettuces, celery etc that you can't even peel & cook.

It's quite rightly an offence in many council areas to not pick up after your dog - why is it considered OK for people to let their cats out totally unsupervised to leave their turds all over other peoples' gardens, incl those where young kids play??

Cat sh1t is vile stuff.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

What is the worst... pet? on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1838 viewsStNeotsBlue

One of the few things I gained after my marriage went tits up was two cats. The elder one was affectionate to all apart from other cats which it seemed to hate with a passion, sadly she died a few years ago. Leaving me with the younger one, which is a bag of nerves, scratches everything other than things bought for her to scratch and is seemingly immortal.
What is the worst... pet? on 18:36 - Jan 15 with 1836 viewsChurchman

What is the worst... pet? on 18:27 - Jan 15 by Ryorry

"they bury their own liquids and solids,"

#FakeInfo. They don't, they just splatter them all over other peoples' gardens, incl. my own painstakingly grown veg incl lettuces, celery etc that you can't even peel & cook.

It's quite rightly an offence in many council areas to not pick up after your dog - why is it considered OK for people to let their cats out totally unsupervised to leave their turds all over other peoples' gardens, incl those where young kids play??

Libel!!!! Slander!!! They do bury it if they can - apart from the black monster that appears in my garden. Grrr. As for other people’s gardens, that’s just being clever. As for dogs, it was everywhere when I was growing up (and white - what was that about?) and could send kids blind. Even to this day my mate has to clear up the lawn in spring after the Alsatian has decorated it 😃
What is the worst... pet? on 18:39 - Jan 15 with 1830 viewsGeoffSentence

What is the worst... pet? on 16:51 - Jan 15 by NthQldITFC

Most cats are w@nkers.

Summed up beautifully.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is the worst... pet? on 19:28 - Jan 15 with 1792 viewsChurchman

What is the worst... pet? on 18:36 - Jan 15 by Churchman

Libel!!!! Slander!!! They do bury it if they can - apart from the black monster that appears in my garden. Grrr. As for other people’s gardens, that’s just being clever. As for dogs, it was everywhere when I was growing up (and white - what was that about?) and could send kids blind. Even to this day my mate has to clear up the lawn in spring after the Alsatian has decorated it 😃

A downvote for defending cats’ honour? Oh well. When they rule the world, you’ll be held to account!
What is the worst... pet? on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 1783 viewsbrogansnose

What is the worst... pet? on 15:09 - Jan 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

House pigs.
Mrs Pinewood had one running free in her parents house when she was growing up. She can’t stand the smell of bacon as it traumatised her so much. That’s why I can only have bacon at meal time when she’s working away, which is currently, so have gorged on it this week and will next also.

Hamsters and anything rodent. Waste of space.

Got home Monday and Madam Brogan was googling where to buy an Alpaca from. Naturally, I asked why to which she replied ' You know, it can live in the house like a dog. Can we have one?'

I'm not even messing.
What is the worst... pet? on 21:40 - Jan 15 with 1735 viewsMelford

What is the worst... pet? on 15:45 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

Pigs.

Ignoring the fact people buy "miniature" pigs (also known as piglets by anyone with a brain) they are incredibly destructive and eat absolute shít tonnes of food.

Although apparently quite smart so they at least have that going for them. I imagine the reality of owning a full size pig indoors is not fun.

I do hear birds are essentially just toddlers that don't grow up.

My brother bought a "minuture pig" because his then girlfriend wanted one and it turned out to be an actual full -sized pig when it grew up. He kept it for a good year or so until his neighbours complained about the smell, even though he took good care of it. It's now at a farm in Monk's Ely. It was a big unit.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

What is the worst... pet? on 21:58 - Jan 15 with 1729 viewsjeera

What is the worst... pet? on 21:40 - Jan 15 by Melford

My brother bought a "minuture pig" because his then girlfriend wanted one and it turned out to be an actual full -sized pig when it grew up. He kept it for a good year or so until his neighbours complained about the smell, even though he took good care of it. It's now at a farm in Monk's Ely. It was a big unit.

My sister's husband was breeding and selling micro pigs years ago when they became a thing, and the pattern was within months people were just dumping them back at the smallholding by the gates.

You had old ladies thinking they could carry them in their handbags and all sorts.

It didn't help that he had a large sign by the road showing one looking like Babe with a pretty flowery backdrop, making them look cuter than they actually turned out to be.

Yes, they are, by comparison, 'micro' compared with the average pig.

The trouble is, the average pig is a damn sight larger than most people seem to realise.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

What is the worst... pet? on 22:08 - Jan 15 with 1723 viewsLord_Lucan

What is the worst... pet? on 14:31 - Jan 15 by Churchman

My mate’s mum had an albino budgie called Snowy. She used let it fly round the room and it used to sh1£ everywhere. Flipping’ thing; hated it. Well, one evening she left the gas fire slightly on accidentally overnight and gassed it. There it was, feet in the air next morning. She was in tears, me and my chum trying to suppress tears of joy.

Bye Snowy.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 14:32]

The story goes that as a child Mother had a budgie.

Anyhoo, she says that one evening she was trying to catch it and for some reason turned all the lights off whereupon it flew into the coal fire and combusted.

She managed to retrieve it 10% alive and goes on to say that she had heard that flour is a good remedy for a burn so covered it in a pack of Mc Dougalls.

As Rolf Harris would say "The poor little blighter didn't make it"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

50% greyhound...... on 22:20 - Jan 15 with 1706 viewsLRB84UK

50% greyhound...... on 15:40 - Jan 15 by Bloots

....25% Saluki and 25% various (inc Lab and Dachs apparently)

She's great really, but all issues stated are very real!

Our lurcher is
37% Spanish greyhound
37% Jack Russell
20% harrier
3% foxhound
3% border collie

100% blue Cross rescue. They are right horrid hounds till about a year, then all they do is sleep! Best breed of dog with the gentlest of souls
What is the worst... pet? on 22:35 - Jan 15 with 1690 viewsNthQldITFC

What is the worst... pet? on 16:29 - Jan 15 by Radlett_blue

if you annoy him, he should hiss.

I thought that was when they were overcooked, no? You have to make sure the legholes aren't blocked when you put them on the fire or they'll explode. Still, handy built-in bowl, and not too hard to catch in the first place.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What is the worst... pet? on 22:36 - Jan 15 with 1683 viewsRyorry

What is the worst... pet? on 19:28 - Jan 15 by Churchman

A downvote for defending cats’ honour? Oh well. When they rule the world, you’ll be held to account!

No, a downvote for "They do bury it if they can - apart from the black monster that appears in my garden. Grrr. As for other people’s gardens, that’s just being clever."

*after* I'd pointed out that several of my neighbours' cats crap on & thereby wreck, the veg that it's taken me hundreds of painstaking hours to grow; and that tens of thousands of cats annually defecate onto surfaces where kids play. And leave it there. Because tens of thousands of owners don't know & obviously don't care where their cats are doing it.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 22:39]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What is the worst... pet? on 23:42 - Jan 15 with 1650 viewshatch

Inherited a rabbit when my girlfriend moving in. Chews everything. Been through most the carpet and went through the Ethernet cable last week. Quite adorable but I appreciate the lack of TWTD love for them.
What is the worst... pet? on 23:44 - Jan 15 with 1646 viewsjeera

What is the worst... pet? on 23:42 - Jan 15 by hatch

Inherited a rabbit when my girlfriend moving in. Chews everything. Been through most the carpet and went through the Ethernet cable last week. Quite adorable but I appreciate the lack of TWTD love for them.

She sounds like a nightmare.

Still, it happens.

How's it going with the rabbit?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What is the worst... pet? on 00:02 - Jan 16 with 1635 viewsChurchman

What is the worst... pet? on 22:36 - Jan 15 by Ryorry

No, a downvote for "They do bury it if they can - apart from the black monster that appears in my garden. Grrr. As for other people’s gardens, that’s just being clever."

*after* I'd pointed out that several of my neighbours' cats crap on & thereby wreck, the veg that it's taken me hundreds of painstaking hours to grow; and that tens of thousands of cats annually defecate onto surfaces where kids play. And leave it there. Because tens of thousands of owners don't know & obviously don't care where their cats are doing it.

Well, cats are known as relatively clean animals and all 4 of the ones we’ve had buried theirs whether on a litter tray or the garden. Perhaps if you made friends with your neighbours cats they might not gain revenge on you. They’ve clearly picked up your anger. Maybe a dreamie or two or plant a little catnip in a spare corner and you’ll have new friends. Just feel the love 😸😺😸

Before blaming cats on the worlds evils don’t forget urban foxes leave mess everywhere, as do uncaring dog owners. My mate’s dog likes to eat some of its own unless he hauls it away and started truffling through a pile of horse sh£t the other day. Is that normal?
What is the worst... pet? on 00:52 - Jan 16 with 1612 viewsRyorry

What is the worst... pet? on 00:02 - Jan 16 by Churchman

Well, cats are known as relatively clean animals and all 4 of the ones we’ve had buried theirs whether on a litter tray or the garden. Perhaps if you made friends with your neighbours cats they might not gain revenge on you. They’ve clearly picked up your anger. Maybe a dreamie or two or plant a little catnip in a spare corner and you’ll have new friends. Just feel the love 😸😺😸

Before blaming cats on the worlds evils don’t forget urban foxes leave mess everywhere, as do uncaring dog owners. My mate’s dog likes to eat some of its own unless he hauls it away and started truffling through a pile of horse sh£t the other day. Is that normal?

"Make friends with them" - bit difficult when they run away at 100mph soon as they see you, and in any case, I have no intention of encouraging them to spend any more time round at ours than they already do.

They may be "relatively clean" at their owners place, but they are disgustingly obnoxious in fouling all over everybody else's. Stop making excuses & pretending it's somehow funny & not a problem, you're just being thoroughly inconsiderate & antisocial here.

I've already covered that dog owners are legally *required* to pick up in many places, and that it's rightly viewed as antisocial not to, everywhere. Yet you consider it great that cats are deliberately let out to roam and crap anywhere they want

Oh, and no fox has ever left a dropping in any garden I've ever lived in in 70+ years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What is the worst... pet? on 08:55 - Jan 16 with 1539 viewsChurchman

What is the worst... pet? on 00:52 - Jan 16 by Ryorry

"Make friends with them" - bit difficult when they run away at 100mph soon as they see you, and in any case, I have no intention of encouraging them to spend any more time round at ours than they already do.

They may be "relatively clean" at their owners place, but they are disgustingly obnoxious in fouling all over everybody else's. Stop making excuses & pretending it's somehow funny & not a problem, you're just being thoroughly inconsiderate & antisocial here.

I've already covered that dog owners are legally *required* to pick up in many places, and that it's rightly viewed as antisocial not to, everywhere. Yet you consider it great that cats are deliberately let out to roam and crap anywhere they want

Oh, and no fox has ever left a dropping in any garden I've ever lived in in 70+ years.

They run away because they sense your hatred.’inconsiderate and anti-social’ - alittle harsh, but never mind. For the record, cats are really designed to be outside and seem happiest there, but some can adapt to being indoors or are quite happy if it’s always been that way for them.

There’s a certain irony given the general political and dogs v cats leanings of this board that Corbyn is a great cat lover (El Gato) and Johnson clearly likes dogs! 😃
What is the worst... pet? on 09:04 - Jan 16 with 1538 viewsflettonblue

Rabbits not all that bad...had our 2 mini lops for 8 years so far (neutered boy and girl as they're sociable animals they don't like to be alone) that live indoors (not locked in a cage cage cos that's no the modern way) and we ve trained them to use litter trays so minimal mess. Give them plenty of fresh hay,water, variety of veg every day (they get there 5 a day easy) Joined a couple of cardboard boxes together to make a kind of warren equivalent so they have their own space in the lounge,they have comfy rugs to lay on also. Now I'm WFH I let them out in the garden for as long as the want to eat the grass / sit about everyday (have scared any neighbouring cats away for good so they are safe). They're like small dogs really, lot of laying about,sleeping,they bonded so genuinely look after each other and really quite adorable pets tbh,watch us a lot to see if they can bribe any good out of us. They chew/test the occasional new thing but no real calamities at all. I'm not sure how, maybe they're smarter than you think, but they know boundaries in right from wrong on the chewing front. Let them go wherever they want in the house, they used to run upstairs and sleep under the bed but can't be arsed now. Appreciate I got to choose the pets suitable for us and others have inherited them which is a different situation. As others have suggested, it's obvious, but you do need to do your research on a pet before you buy the most suitable one for you. There's no real excuses given the internet today. Long gone are the days of a small cage in the garden and show some scrap veg in the cage for your rabbit. Lot of rabbits back in the day called thumper. Maybe people didn't know back then, but they only thump when they're unhappy. Answer, they should not be caged all day, that stereotype went years ago.
What is the worst... pet? on 09:12 - Jan 16 with 1531 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What is the worst... pet? on 22:36 - Jan 15 by Ryorry

Who lets a little thing like cat s.hit stop them eating their home grown veg!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What is the worst... pet? on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1488 viewsstantheman

The most amazing pet over the years was a white rat, my daughter had, that was bred from one that went into space with Helen Sharman. It was incredibly friendly and would actually follow my daughter everywhere when not in it's cage. It would even follow her up the stairs when she took herself off to bed. It did not end well though as it developed a cancerous tumour (white rats are particularly prone to this) which was removed at great expense at the vets. The cancer came back however and I will never forget the screams my daughter made when she found it dead in it's cage a few months later. Had a few white rats after that one but they were never the same as the rat that was related to one that went into space.
What is the worst... pet? on 14:04 - Jan 16 with 1465 viewsgainsboroughblue

What is the worst... pet? on 09:04 - Jan 16 by flettonblue

Rabbits not all that bad...had our 2 mini lops for 8 years so far (neutered boy and girl as they're sociable animals they don't like to be alone) that live indoors (not locked in a cage cage cos that's no the modern way) and we ve trained them to use litter trays so minimal mess. Give them plenty of fresh hay,water, variety of veg every day (they get there 5 a day easy) Joined a couple of cardboard boxes together to make a kind of warren equivalent so they have their own space in the lounge,they have comfy rugs to lay on also. Now I'm WFH I let them out in the garden for as long as the want to eat the grass / sit about everyday (have scared any neighbouring cats away for good so they are safe). They're like small dogs really, lot of laying about,sleeping,they bonded so genuinely look after each other and really quite adorable pets tbh,watch us a lot to see if they can bribe any good out of us. They chew/test the occasional new thing but no real calamities at all. I'm not sure how, maybe they're smarter than you think, but they know boundaries in right from wrong on the chewing front. Let them go wherever they want in the house, they used to run upstairs and sleep under the bed but can't be arsed now. Appreciate I got to choose the pets suitable for us and others have inherited them which is a different situation. As others have suggested, it's obvious, but you do need to do your research on a pet before you buy the most suitable one for you. There's no real excuses given the internet today. Long gone are the days of a small cage in the garden and show some scrap veg in the cage for your rabbit. Lot of rabbits back in the day called thumper. Maybe people didn't know back then, but they only thump when they're unhappy. Answer, they should not be caged all day, that stereotype went years ago.

I had a house rabbit many years ago. He had to have his front teeth removed as they were overgrown and causing pain so although he had an indoor cage, he was just out in the house all day and knew to go in the cage to do his business. I'd come home from work and he'd be laying on the rug then jumped up on the sofa to see me. He was basically like a dog. If they are socialised and not stuck in a hutch 24 hours a day, they are really smart, affectionate animals.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024