Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big Match revisited this morning 12:29 - Jan 16 with 432 viewsPendejo

No ITFC footage today but former gk coach Malcolm Webster made an appearance in goal for Sarfend at Charlton dropping the ball into his own net. Wasn't listening closely as washing up but sounded like it was second consecutive season he'd done that at The Valley.Spurs
Andy Nelson, SAR's championship winning captain was Charlton's manager.

Other footage
Derby on their way to winning top division losing 2-1 at home to Stoke, the last defeat of the league seadon. 3 weeks before this game they'd lost 3-0 at PR
*had it been 3 points for a win we'd have won the league on goal difference TWTD

Spurs lost 3-0 at Middlesbrough on way to avoiding relegation by 1 point ( Chelsea relegated 2nd bottom). John Duncan up front for Spurs

Other points
Ball noticeably heavy
Pitches even heavier

And they raided the archives for footage from 1970 West Ham 2 Chelsea 2. Greaves and Hurst up front for the happy hammers.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Big Match revisited this morning on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 330 viewsFarmerpiles

Recording that every week, as a trip down memory lane. Reminder of how shockingly bad the pitches were, and always a laugh spoting then players who would gone on to have managerial careers.....some good, some not so good. Spurs were on last week with Duncan up front (booed constantly by the spurs faithful) and joe f#kn Kinear at right back.
The Big Match revisited this morning on 13:43 - Jan 16 with 324 viewsFarmerpiles

...oh and goalies without gloves, and proper tackles where players just get up and walk away!
The Big Match revisited this morning on 14:24 - Jan 16 with 289 viewsOldsmoker

The Big Match revisited this morning on 13:41 - Jan 16 by Farmerpiles

Recording that every week, as a trip down memory lane. Reminder of how shockingly bad the pitches were, and always a laugh spoting then players who would gone on to have managerial careers.....some good, some not so good. Spurs were on last week with Duncan up front (booed constantly by the spurs faithful) and joe f#kn Kinear at right back.

Not all pitches were as bad as Derbys Baseball Ground.
It was notorious as the worst out of all the top teams.
I'm hoping they'll show the game (it might be BBC MOTD) where a long ball bounced just outside the penalty area and the goalkeeper and forward both anticipated where the ball would travel to but when it got to its first 'bounce' in the penalty area it just stopped - stuck in the mud. Both the goalkeeper and striker + several 'one yard off the pace' defenders adjusted their footing and then all piled in.
Great Comedy moment.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024