Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when we were relegated... 15:46 - Jan 16 with 1590 viewsSpruceMoose

...and some people said not to worry as we will walk League One?

Aged well.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Remember when we were relegated... on 16:10 - Jan 16 with 1477 viewslondontractorboy57

Yes but this is what the melts wished for !!! R.I.P he once mighty ITFC
Remember when we were relegated... on 16:17 - Jan 16 with 1434 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when we were relegated... on 16:10 - Jan 16 by londontractorboy57

Yes but this is what the melts wished for !!! R.I.P he once mighty ITFC

Not convinced anyone wished for us to be relegated to be honest. Traditionally fans tend to wish for promotion, so it would be a surprise if any of our fans wished for us to be 9th in League One.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Remember when we were relegated... on 16:22 - Jan 16 with 1396 viewsmonytowbray

Moral of the story, don’t cheer on idiots.

It’s political and football advice!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Remember when we were relegated... on 21:41 - Jan 16 with 1305 viewsBlueBadger

Looking back, it's even crazier that people thought that than it was when we in the process of being relegation. We have no fight, guile or set pattern of play. But the football was 'improved'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember when we were relegated... on 22:06 - Jan 16 with 1234 viewsSwansea_Blue

Weren’t we looking forward to the boost having a good run would give us supporters? Hmm...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember when we were relegated... on 22:07 - Jan 16 with 1228 viewsBluefish

Remember when we were relegated... on 16:17 - Jan 16 by judespiveyg

Not convinced anyone wished for us to be relegated to be honest. Traditionally fans tend to wish for promotion, so it would be a surprise if any of our fans wished for us to be 9th in League One.

Of course they did. They wished for Mick to be sacked and said they don't care if that is the consequence

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"Cos every little thing, is gonna be alright"...... on 22:08 - Jan 16 with 1225 viewsBloots

.....fook off you numbskulls tosspots.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Remember when we were relegated... on 23:42 - Jan 16 with 1119 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when we were relegated... on 22:07 - Jan 16 by Bluefish

Of course they did. They wished for Mick to be sacked and said they don't care if that is the consequence

You're insinuating that wanting McCarthy to be gone is the same as wishing to be relegated, which is quite obviously not true, but you already knew that.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when we were relegated... on 00:02 - Jan 17 with 1085 viewsCoastalblue

Remember when we were relegated... on 22:07 - Jan 16 by Bluefish

I was happy to see Mick go in the end, obviously I'm not happy with all the sh1te that has come since but on didn't have to mean the other, there were other options available.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Remember when we were relegated... on 02:47 - Jan 17 with 1000 viewsgainsboroughblue

Remember when we were relegated... on 00:02 - Jan 17 by Coastalblue

I was happy to see Mick go in the end, obviously I'm not happy with all the sh1te that has come since but on didn't have to mean the other, there were other options available.

Exactly. If we hang on to the belief that the only option was Mick as our boss or relegation, then we were/are a sorry excuse for a football club.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Remember when we were relegated... on 07:59 - Jan 17 with 884 viewstextbackup

Remember when we were relegated... on 00:02 - Jan 17 by Coastalblue

exactly. some just cant get heads around that though.

granted, we would probably still be a championship team if he was here, but we weren't getting any better, so maybe hanging in there.

was it a healthy relationship, from BOTH sides, no..... could it have carried on, no.

did our owner then make 2 horrendous appointments after him, yes...… who does this all fall on, him! not the fans for daring to dream or be positive.

so I see spruce's comment and I think, fck off..... what is football if fans cant have that hope and talk it up.

its negative now, and other fans are bemoaning that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Remember when we were relegated... on 08:07 - Jan 17 with 856 viewsMrTown

Remember when we were relegated... on 07:59 - Jan 17 by textbackup

exactly. some just cant get heads around that though.

granted, we would probably still be a championship team if he was here, but we weren't getting any better, so maybe hanging in there.

was it a healthy relationship, from BOTH sides, no..... could it have carried on, no.

did our owner then make 2 horrendous appointments after him, yes...… who does this all fall on, him! not the fans for daring to dream or be positive.

so I see spruce's comment and I think, fck off..... what is football if fans cant have that hope and talk it up.

its negative now, and other fans are bemoaning that.

That’s far too sensible for this forum. Take your wisdom elsewhere.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Remember when we were relegated... on 08:10 - Jan 17 with 850 viewsChurchman

When last season started and we were winning without playing well, I thought we’d win it comfortably. I thought the team would adjust and grow and as you say, walk it. But it then became obvious that we were winning by luck, fixtures falling right and the players playing right at the top of their form.

The reality was that for one of the worst teams to fall out of the Championship, mid table was a massive achievement. Digging out results and luck was never going to last. The team and club are no stronger this year and all the big boys like Hull, Peterborough, Donny and Lincoln know there are easy points to pocket playing Ipswich.

There it’s no hunger and desire by the club for the players to succeed. They’re drifting along and are perfectly content. Easy money. I suspect they've got really good at the blame game after each abysmal performance, given the amount of practice they’ve had. If they can be bothered of course.

There is no ambition by the management allied to a complete lack of ability. This stems from the top. If there had been any, the Scottish windbag would have been fired a year ago. Instead, ME is more than happy with the non-job he’s doing. I suspect Evans says ‘bring on the salary cap’ with every Bath Oliver.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 8:36]
Remember when we were relegated... on 08:24 - Jan 17 with 839 viewslazyblue

So many fans thought it would best thing for the club and I could never understand this, relegation was always going to be a disaster.
Remember when we were relegated... on 08:35 - Jan 17 with 811 viewsColchesterBlue1985

In all honesty I thought it could have acted as a good reset for the whole club and refocus on the youth and get everybody in the habit of winning games of football which had clearly disappeared some time before. Up until November in the first year of league 1 even though we weren’t playing particularly well I thought when we “clicked” we would go on and storm the league. What happened at Accrington on Sky made everyone realise we were nowhere near as good as everybody was making out and the rest as they say is history. I still maintain under the right “coach” we have the players that could “storm” this league but PL is not that coach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024