Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Needed to win that, so will take it 16:57 - Jan 16 with 1009 viewsSomethingBlue

Horrible mucky game. At least when we did put a sustained spell of pressure together we got a goal out of it. Good minutes also for the returning players.

Tuesday is when we see exactly what our level is though.

[No it isn't — Saturday is. Probably a good thing]

[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:02]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Needed to win that, so will take it on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 975 viewsIpswichKnight

They are warming up nicely with a 3-0 win over MK dons. We were awful.
Needed to win that, so will take it on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 965 viewsBluearmy71

A much needed 3 points indeed, we do need to play much much better on Tuesday though!!
Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 947 viewsbluefunk

Needed to win that, so will take it on 16:59 - Jan 16 by Bluearmy71

A much needed 3 points indeed, we do need to play much much better on Tuesday though!!

Who do we play on Tuesday?
Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 938 viewsIpswichKnight

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:00 - Jan 16 by bluefunk

Who do we play on Tuesday?

Peterborough!
Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 906 viewsbluefunk

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:00 - Jan 16 by IpswichKnight

Peterborough!

Saturday isn’t it?
Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:03 - Jan 16 with 883 viewsFreddy

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:00 - Jan 16 by IpswichKnight

Peterborough!

Desperately needed these 3 pts with no-one above us losing
Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 864 viewsitfcjoe

To be honest, to play that badly and win isn't a good thing for me - all our wins in recent weeks (bar maybe Plymouth away) have been pretty poor.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 819 viewsSomethingBlue

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:04 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

To be honest, to play that badly and win isn't a good thing for me - all our wins in recent weeks (bar maybe Plymouth away) have been pretty poor.

We haven't won a game and convinced since Blackpool but, if we are to assume Evans is only going to sack Lambert if/when promotion becomes impossible, I'll just take any kind of three points because we need to get up now and worry later. Really grim 90 minutes though I agree, match fitness the only mitigation but all clubs have their issues.

Login to get fewer ads

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 796 viewsitfcjoe

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:07 - Jan 16 by SomethingBlue

We haven't won a game and convinced since Blackpool but, if we are to assume Evans is only going to sack Lambert if/when promotion becomes impossible, I'll just take any kind of three points because we need to get up now and worry later. Really grim 90 minutes though I agree, match fitness the only mitigation but all clubs have their issues.

I'd assume the sack would come when we drifted away from top 6, rather than being impossible - I don't see a point coming in next 2 games. Who knows when trigger will be pulled

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 768 viewsSomethingBlue

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:09 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I'd assume the sack would come when we drifted away from top 6, rather than being impossible - I don't see a point coming in next 2 games. Who knows when trigger will be pulled

If we lose the next two then it simply has to be.

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 755 viewsitfcjoe

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:14 - Jan 16 by SomethingBlue

If we lose the next two then it simply has to be.

The table will still have us in contention surely

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 716 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:09 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

And Crewe away after that I can’t see that being 3 points.

Surely just a matter of time......
Hope he doesn’t wait until it’s not possible to get top 6

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 687 viewsSomethingBlue

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:15 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

The table will still have us in contention surely

Yes. God knows. It's just a catch-22 situation given the need to change manager but above all we need to get those points on the board so all I can really think to do is move on from today and see how we look vs Posh.

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:20 - Jan 16 with 672 viewsclive_baker

I'll take the win, because we're at the stage now where we need them, so happily tick those off. Good to get the points on the board, good to get Downes and Bishop back in there, and Norwood. If we win our game in hand we're 1 point behind Hull in 2nd.

Few big games coming up now and it really is high time we dispatched of those divisional rivals. We've got no excuses now. The issue really is Lambert isn't the man to take us forward. The win is great in the sense it would give a new manager a strong platform off which to start, but ME hasn't got the boll0cks to dismiss Lambert so it's a moot point.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:22]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:57 - Jan 16 with 569 viewsm14_blue

Needed to win that, so will take it on 17:04 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

Quite. Winning when playing badly is only the sign of a good team if you often play well and win.

Playing badly every week and occasionally scraping a win is a sign of a bad team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024