Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 shots on target in 90 minutes 17:00 - Jan 16 with 4129 viewsHerbivore

Against the worst team in the third division. Absolute scenes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 2733 viewsJ2BLUE

Still a bit too exciting for Garv. He would have preferred one less shot on target and a bit more passing it around the backline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:02 - Jan 16 with 2722 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yes but those Green Shoots....
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 2634 viewsChurchman

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:02 - Jan 16 by reusersfreekicks

Yes but those Green Shoots....

Bean shoots, more like
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:59 - Jan 16 with 2531 viewscasanovacrow

How many off target?

Are we even creating anything?
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:05 - Jan 16 with 2467 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:59 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

How many off target?

4 off target according to the Beeb, so 6 in total. Amazing.

Yet another performance under Lambert that surely has to sit up there alongside some of our worst in living memory.

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:09 - Jan 16 with 2447 viewscasanovacrow

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:05 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

4 off target according to the Beeb, so 6 in total. Amazing.

Yet another performance under Lambert that surely has to sit up there alongside some of our worst in living memory.

Were we creating much under Hurst or Micks later years either though?

Not convinced a new manager solves that, old habits creep back at the first sign of difficulty.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:12 - Jan 16 with 2417 viewsghostofescobar

But just look at the possession stats! We shouldn’t compromise Lamberts beliefs. Shots obviously aren’t important you moron, it’s about possession, beliefs, or something.

GhostOfEscobar

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 2400 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:09 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

Were we creating much under Hurst or Micks later years either though?

Not convinced a new manager solves that, old habits creep back at the first sign of difficulty.

Even in our worst performances under Mick we rarely created as little as that. The team has also changed significantly since Mick left so I don't think it makes sense to pin this on the players. We're also now in the third division don't forget, and the standard of teams in this league is pretty poor. There's no excusing it. The performances under Lambert are terrible, we barely create anything.

Login to get fewer ads

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:15 - Jan 16 with 2394 viewsDinDjarin

They should of beaten us at our place so was concerned today but we just about did enough in a scrappy game. But we need to improve drastically but 3 points is 3 points.

Sad thing is gives Shambert some more time but I never want us to lose so mixed emotions.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:17 - Jan 16 with 2367 viewscasanovacrow

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:13 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Even in our worst performances under Mick we rarely created as little as that. The team has also changed significantly since Mick left so I don't think it makes sense to pin this on the players. We're also now in the third division don't forget, and the standard of teams in this league is pretty poor. There's no excusing it. The performances under Lambert are terrible, we barely create anything.

I remember cheering our first shot on target late in the second half quite regularly under Mick.

The players change, the culture doesn't. Something is really rotten at the club.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 2346 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:17 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

I remember cheering our first shot on target late in the second half quite regularly under Mick.

The players change, the culture doesn't. Something is really rotten at the club.

I'm not really following how there can be some vague club culture that means we don't create chances regardless of who plays for us and who manages us.

You could count on one hand the number of games under Mick where we created fewer chances than we created today as well. That's how poor things are under Lambert. In the third division to boot.

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 2300 viewsitfcjoe

Did we create a single chance in open play?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:46 - Jan 16 with 2244 viewscasanovacrow

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:20 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

I'm not really following how there can be some vague club culture that means we don't create chances regardless of who plays for us and who manages us.

You could count on one hand the number of games under Mick where we created fewer chances than we created today as well. That's how poor things are under Lambert. In the third division to boot.

Something, pressure due to the history, being at a club on the slide for so many years etc. Could create those kind of problems. Other clubs in similar positions have them.

I still differ on the Mick thing, I am still mentally scarred by all those home games, sitting in the cold, nothing happening for 90 mins.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:54 - Jan 16 with 2213 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:46 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

Something, pressure due to the history, being at a club on the slide for so many years etc. Could create those kind of problems. Other clubs in similar positions have them.

I still differ on the Mick thing, I am still mentally scarred by all those home games, sitting in the cold, nothing happening for 90 mins.

You can disagree if you like, but the stats back me up. Even in the infamous 1-0 home loss to Rotherham we had 11 shots, 3 of them on target. That puts some context around just how pitiful some of our performances under Lambert have been. I think we still had some level of hope and expectation back then, whereas now we've become so accustomed as fans to being terrible that we just accept it.

I disagree on the notion of some sort of club culture being the reason we don't create chances though. We just have an utter charlatan in charge who has no idea how to set us up.

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:07 - Jan 16 with 2167 viewscasanovacrow

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:54 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

You can disagree if you like, but the stats back me up. Even in the infamous 1-0 home loss to Rotherham we had 11 shots, 3 of them on target. That puts some context around just how pitiful some of our performances under Lambert have been. I think we still had some level of hope and expectation back then, whereas now we've become so accustomed as fans to being terrible that we just accept it.

I disagree on the notion of some sort of club culture being the reason we don't create chances though. We just have an utter charlatan in charge who has no idea how to set us up.

Out of curiosity do you have the stats for the 2016/17 season? I remember that season to be particularly painful to watch. Lawrence the only bright spot.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:11 - Jan 16 with 2146 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:07 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

Out of curiosity do you have the stats for the 2016/17 season? I remember that season to be particularly painful to watch. Lawrence the only bright spot.

I imagine you can Google them if you like. That was our worst season under Mick but I'd still take that over creating even less against terrible sides in the third division.

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 2094 viewsbluefunk

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:29 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

Did we create a single chance in open play?

Didn’t Drinan have 2 chances from open play, one onto the bar, one a good save - I can’t really remember the build up so happy to be contradicted
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 2065 viewsSwansea_Blue

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 17:59 - Jan 16 by casanovacrow

How many off target?

Not really. Toto had a free header from a corner he put well wide. But that was about it. Might have been one more clear chance, but then they had a couple too. If it wasn’t for the deflection on our otherwise poor free kick which carried it to Mcguinness at the back post, both of us could have played until next Saturday without scoring.

We were better on the ball without being threatening. But it was a scrappy game with lots of loose ball and too much aimless hoofing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:41 - Jan 16 with 2021 viewsRadlett_blue

Exactly. In Mick's last season, much of the football was dull, but we had one of the lowest wage bills in the 2nd division. We are now in the 3rd division and have one of the highest wage bills (I accept some of the players aren't worth it & weren't Lambert's choices) but the performances are as if we have an average to poor squad relative to this league.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:44 - Jan 16 with 2013 viewsitfcjoe

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:19 - Jan 16 by bluefunk

Didn’t Drinan have 2 chances from open play, one onto the bar, one a good save - I can’t really remember the build up so happy to be contradicted

I thought they were both set pieces, one was definitely a short corner or FK to judge who whipped it in first time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:45 - Jan 16 with 2009 viewsChurchman

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 18:54 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Please tell me we are not yearning for the halcyon days of the achingly awful Douglas, Skuse and Hyam staggering round the pitch in pursuit of everyone else’s better players. All I remember of the Rotherham game was numbed depression at the end of it. One or none up front, play for 0-0 at home was the ambition for way too many games. It was awful. And now it’s considerably worse.

I agree re no hope and about the charlatan managing the team. He is stealing a living. But I do think the club culture of mediocrity mixed with accepted decline and decay is also a factor. I don’t see a shred of ambition in the club, no cohesion, no driving it forward. It’s been that way for years.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 22:52 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsPhilTWTD

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 19:44 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I thought they were both set pieces, one was definitely a short corner or FK to judge who whipped it in first time

One off the bar was second phase after a corner if I remember rightly.
2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 23:36 - Jan 16 with 1779 viewsMrTown

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 22:52 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

One off the bar was second phase after a corner if I remember rightly.

It was a Teddy Bishop flick onto Drinan who struck the woodwork, was the second phase of play.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 08:38 - Jan 17 with 1631 viewsKeaneish

According to footystat checker this is actually our best season with a highest average of 11.68 shots per game compared to the lowest in the last 7 or 8 years of 9.22 per game in 17/18.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 08:45 - Jan 17 with 1603 viewsHerbivore

2 shots on target in 90 minutes on 08:38 - Jan 17 by Keaneish

According to footystat checker this is actually our best season with a highest average of 11.68 shots per game compared to the lowest in the last 7 or 8 years of 9.22 per game in 17/18.

This season isn't over yet. And we're in the third tier ffs.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 8:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024