Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? 17:01 - Jan 16 with 2680 viewsITFC_96

Woeful.

Even if we get into play-offs, we will lose the first game.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:02 - Jan 16 with 2230 viewsMrTown

Not a chance.

Peterborough will wipe the floor with us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:13 - Jan 16 with 2179 viewsbilllm

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:02 - Jan 16 by MrTown

Not a chance.

Peterborough will wipe the floor with us.

Agreed and sunderland, we won't score any goals against either,
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 2156 viewsclive_baker

No chance.

I thought the pitch was absolutely dire today and not conducive to playing football, but we're so unthreatening.

Lambert out.

4-4-2 in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 2152 viewstextbackup

not a hope in hell.

we would need to beat teams in the top 6 to go up, and we simply can not do this.

proven over 2 seasons at this level.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 2154 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is no chance we will make the play offs.

I think we should keep clear of a relegation battle ... just.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 2140 viewsParky

Absolutely not.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 2130 viewsTheBoyBlue

Our only hope is that this league is generally very poor, so we may somehow sneak it, but we would certainly need lots of good luck.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:20 - Jan 16 with 2104 viewslazyblue

Yes, if we continue to get players fit and win and momentum creeps in then why not? All we have to do it get in top six and perhaps we may just beat a top six team (s).
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 2098 viewsEnigma_Blue

Yeah maybe sometime in the not too distant future from LG2!
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 2096 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Top 10 will be pushing it.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:23 - Jan 16 with 2075 viewsChurchman

I am really pleased that we won today. I never want us to lose. But promoted? I’d love us to be. More than 21 years since I last experienced that. A lifetime of largely dross. So sadly, not a snowballs chance in hell. I’d love to be wrong and often am, but our peers are now the likes of Burton and since we haven’t come close to beating half the teams in this division forget it, sadly.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:33]
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:32 - Jan 16 with 1997 viewsWickets

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:14 - Jan 16 by clive_baker

No chance.

I thought the pitch was absolutely dire today and not conducive to playing football, but we're so unthreatening.

Lambert out.

4-4-2 in.

Go 442 get Hawkins /Norwood or Drinan/Jackson plus runners into the box try and play on front foot .these 4(whoever is on the pitch of course) plus our centre backs and Chambo into the box for set plays .OK it might not be pretty buy it will be our best chance of promotion under this manager ! Despite PL saying we are crap at 442 we look better recently when we have gone to it in despration .
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1958 viewsnorth_stand77

No way. Between 9th and 12th I reckon
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1950 viewsclive_baker

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:32 - Jan 16 by Wickets

Go 442 get Hawkins /Norwood or Drinan/Jackson plus runners into the box try and play on front foot .these 4(whoever is on the pitch of course) plus our centre backs and Chambo into the box for set plays .OK it might not be pretty buy it will be our best chance of promotion under this manager ! Despite PL saying we are crap at 442 we look better recently when we have gone to it in despration .

I really don't think we have the ball playing centre halves to play out from the back so cutely. I hate this obsession with high possession in our own third = 'good football' and a more direct style = bad. It's utter bullsh1t, it's not about long ball or short ball, it's about variety and the right ball at the right time.

Completely agree re. 4-4-2, hit the front men quicker and play the football around them on the front foot. With Downes and Bishop, Dozzell and Edwards, we have the players to do that.

The whole 'the football is better' winds me up. MM would have this squad top of this average league, hungry, motivated players playing in a style that suits what we've got. Good football is winning football, applying pressure, set pieces, creating chances. It's not about predictable and pedestrian possession across the back 4.

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 1920 viewswkj

If we do go up then they're gonna need to dig deeper than they did today - Today we weren't the better team, just on the better end of the result.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:49 - Jan 16 with 1871 viewstractordownsouth

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:40 - Jan 16 by clive_baker

I really don't think we have the ball playing centre halves to play out from the back so cutely. I hate this obsession with high possession in our own third = 'good football' and a more direct style = bad. It's utter bullsh1t, it's not about long ball or short ball, it's about variety and the right ball at the right time.

Completely agree re. 4-4-2, hit the front men quicker and play the football around them on the front foot. With Downes and Bishop, Dozzell and Edwards, we have the players to do that.

The whole 'the football is better' winds me up. MM would have this squad top of this average league, hungry, motivated players playing in a style that suits what we've got. Good football is winning football, applying pressure, set pieces, creating chances. It's not about predictable and pedestrian possession across the back 4.

How would you fit Dozzell, Bishop and Downes into a 4-4-2? I guess you could put Bishop on the right and attack down the left wing with Edwards but it might be a bit imbalanced.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 1833 viewsArnieM

Any chance of getting promoted ?... bloody hell, we’ll have an issue making the play offs. We can’t knock the skin off a rice pudding from 2 feet. We’re SO slow in our general play it’s laughable.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:59 - Jan 16 with 1800 viewsbluefunk

Why not? Inconsistent league, not yet halfway through, we have almost a complete first team coming back from injury, so we are likely to play better in the coming months, still in touch despite being poor recently, large enough squad to deal with 2 games a week, we have a decent chance of finishing top 2.

Against that, a manager who has a track record of abject failure since his success up the road.....
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 1736 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Not the way we’re playing at the moment, but we’re less than halfway through the season so plenty can change.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 1708 viewsWickets

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:49 - Jan 16 by tractordownsouth

How would you fit Dozzell, Bishop and Downes into a 4-4-2? I guess you could put Bishop on the right and attack down the left wing with Edwards but it might be a bit imbalanced.

For me its not about fitting players into the system play i say 442 because i think that is our best chance and choose the players best suited for that system . You can make changes and players will miss games so everyone will get their chance . going more direct is not just lump it .We have the players to make the system work ,get on the front foot ,mix it up . For set pieces we can get say Hawkins Drinian Chambers Toto McGunniss , or whatever big men we have on the pitch into the box. That IMO is more than a handfull at this level and our best way forward .
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:14 - Jan 16 with 1701 viewsChrisd

Not a chance. We can all say 'if and buts' look at our record against the better sides and that tells you all you need to know if you have any lingering doubts......we've lost them all! The only side we've yet to play in the current top 6 is Peterborough. Yet another woeful display today against the basement club, is that really going trouble the likes of Lincoln, Hull, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Peterborough or Charlton? Of course it's not. The problem I have is these types of performances like today at Burton are becoming the norm, not the exception under PL and his Keystone cops coaching staff. Probably, Blackpool away this season is the 'ONLY' time where I thought to myself, we've played well there today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:17 - Jan 16 with 1683 viewsDinDjarin

To get out this league you need to be total football like Barnsley were or warriors like Rotherham were. We are neither.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:19 - Jan 16 with 1668 viewsclive_baker

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 17:49 - Jan 16 by tractordownsouth

I think given the vast amount of games (26 left) in a relatively short period of just over 100 days, we'll rely on some rotation. Historically Dozzell has gone a bit missing in a central 2 but without going with a narrower diamond I would like to see us go with a classic 4-4-2. A fit and on song Downes is vital for us in the middle to make that work IMO, as he's more combative and a little less lightweight than Bishop or Dozzell.

For Peterborough I would be inclined to go with Downes & Bishop in the centre, Judge right who can tuck in and support and Edwards wide left. Front 2 of Norwood & Jackson.

Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:48 - Jan 16 with 1616 viewsIpswichKnight

Feck no! Any half competent manager would have us playing far better than this dire rubbish currently being served up.

Peterborough warmed up nicely with a confident 3-0 tonking of MK find I see, I’d love to see us score 3 at home.... won’t happen until that fraud and his gang of acolytes are sacked though.
Does anyone genuinely think we will get promoted? on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 1588 viewsSomethingBlue

Deeply unlikely at the moment. Were we to get four points from Posh/Sunderland I'd see a shaft of hope. But we are going to run out of chances very, very quickly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024