Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have 18:34 - Jan 16 with 2482 viewsghostofescobar

Is that even if we get promoted (don’t laugh at that statement) I worry about how grim it might be for us in the Championship. No investment? A struggle every single weekend? Hovering around the bottom, looking over our shoulder at relegation again? Grim defeats? One of the league’s minnows? We are so, so far away from being a club that can comfortably survive in the Championship. Or am I being too negative? Give me hope TWTD. You are our only hope......

GhostOfEscobar

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:35 - Jan 16 with 2464 viewsblueprint

If we got Promoted Evans would give Lambert a 10 year contract and probably commission a statue of him.
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 2443 viewsChrisd

Walking football leagues have more pace than us.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 with 2433 viewsjayessess

to be fair, if that happens, our budget is x 7 overnight, so I wouldn't expect many of the fellas currently in the team to still be in it come August. Although you never know with Ipswich Town.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 with 2431 viewsIllinoisblue

Luton, Barnsley, Milwall, Rotherham, Preston... are we saying we can’t even compete with those sort of teams? With Evans and his puppet pulling the strings you’re probably right.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 with 2426 viewsdavblue

I genuinely think if you set them up a group of 40-50 year ex pros would be able to play against us and get at least a 0-0 draw.
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:46 - Jan 16 with 2367 viewsHarry_Palmer

"Hovering around the bottom, looking over our shoulder at relegation again?"

We should be so lucky! This team, under this manager would be a long way adrift at the bottom of the league, just like last time. It's not really anything to worry about though because there is zero chance of us getting promoted under Lambert.
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 2320 viewstextbackup

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 by jayessess

to be fair, if that happens, our budget is x 7 overnight, so I wouldn't expect many of the fellas currently in the team to still be in it come August. Although you never know with Ipswich Town.

you are joking, right?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 2254 viewsChurchman

No, you are being accurate. We’d do well to get 10 points. We are little Ipswich and a lot needs to change (everything) if we are ever to compete with any of the clubs in the Championship, even if we by some miracle get past all the big boys in League One.
Login to get fewer ads

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 19:27 - Jan 16 with 2225 viewsjayessess

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:51 - Jan 16 by textbackup

you are joking, right?

About which part?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 19:32 - Jan 16 with 2206 viewsdominiciawful

If we somehow managed to get promoted through dodgy backhanders or something, we would have a worse record than 2018/19.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 19:33 - Jan 16 with 2196 viewslazyblue

I wouldn’t worry about promotion at this stage! Worry about that in the summer.
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 20:43 - Jan 16 with 2102 viewsJ2BLUE

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:35 - Jan 16 by blueprint

If we got Promoted Evans would give Lambert a 10 year contract and probably commission a statue of him.

Probably wouldn't be the first Evans erection Lambert has inspired.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 20:56 - Jan 16 with 2054 viewsmonty_radio

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 by jayessess

wouldn't that be our allowance, rather than out budget? We were in the bottom half dozen for a while when back in the Championship; why would that change under Evans?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 21:16 - Jan 16 with 1993 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but Lambert'll still be managing them.

Remember what he did in his first transfer window?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 23:18 - Jan 16 with 1848 viewsBlueBadger

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 18:38 - Jan 16 by davblue

I genuinely think if you set them up a group of 40-50 year ex pros would be able to play against us and get at least a 0-0 draw.

The old pros would probably be disappointed with it though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 00:39 - Jan 17 with 1792 viewsITFC_96

If we get promoted we will be in the relegation zone for every single week except maybe the first couple.
Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 13:33 - Jan 17 with 1515 viewsjayessess

Beyond us being the most pedestrian team in this league, a huge worry I have on 20:56 - Jan 16 by monty_radio

wouldn't that be our allowance, rather than out budget? We were in the bottom half dozen for a while when back in the Championship; why would that change under Evans?

the budget allowance is approximately what our revenue was in 2018-19. Assuming football clubs are trading normally for most of next season, we should be able to max out the allowance (but again, who knows with this club).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024