Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? 14:18 - Jan 17 with 955 viewsRyorry

Was going to change to 02 but have no been on hold 22 mins just waiting to speak to an adviser, looks like this potential new customer's business is not important at all!

Horrified to find yesterday that Vodaphone who I was with, will now be charging me £365 annually for just switching my phone on whilst out walking the mutt for an hour daily, even if I make 0 calls & send 0 texts!! (complaint in the offing to Ofgem).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:20 - Jan 17 with 954 viewsPlums

My daughter was using ID until recently. Very simple, clear charging and very easy to leave (we only left to buy a new phone on a combined deal). ID impressed me.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:34 - Jan 17 with 920 viewsjaykay

go with giff gaff. £ 6 month for unlimited calls to mobiles and land lines unlimited texts.
only 500mb but you can get more if you increase the monthly payment.
its monthly but yon can cancel anytime no yearly contract

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:36 - Jan 17 with 916 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:20 - Jan 17 by Plums

My daughter was using ID until recently. Very simple, clear charging and very easy to leave (we only left to buy a new phone on a combined deal). ID impressed me.

Edit - just looked them up - apparently no network coverage here, but thanks for the input anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 15:03]

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:38 - Jan 17 with 910 viewsElderGrizzly

My wife is with Sky.

£7 a month for 2gb data, unlimited mins and texts and any data unused gets rolled over to next month
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:43 - Jan 17 with 906 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:34 - Jan 17 by jaykay

go with giff gaff. £ 6 month for unlimited calls to mobiles and land lines unlimited texts.

Thanks Jaykay, from their coverage map looks like the network coverage might be OK too, even here (notorious signal blackspot) so will give them a ring 👍

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:50 - Jan 17 with 887 viewssuffolkpoker

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:43 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

Thanks Jaykay, from their coverage map looks like the network coverage might be OK too, even here (notorious signal blackspot) so will give them a ring 👍

Gif gaff work off the back off O2.
You can’t call them, but they are super good for pay as you go options

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:51 - Jan 17 with 885 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:38 - Jan 17 by ElderGrizzly

My wife is with Sky.

£7 a month for 2gb data, unlimited mins and texts and any data unused gets rolled over to next month

Looks good too, as apparently they piggyback on to 02's network, so will give them a bell too - cheers 👍

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:03 - Jan 17 with 876 viewsBlueToad

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:34 - Jan 17 by jaykay

Myself and the family have been with giffgaff for a number of years now.

Very straight forward, very reasonably priced monthly deals and they often give you free data as well Never had an issue with the service or the coverage. Based on O2 network as others have said.

Fully recommend.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Login to get fewer ads

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:05 - Jan 17 with 863 viewsBluefish

If you have bt broadband you can get a sim for about 5 per month. Uses EE network

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:08 - Jan 17 with 867 viewsjeera

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:05 - Jan 17 by Bluefish

If you have bt broadband you can get a sim for about 5 per month. Uses EE network

Definitely worth checking with your own broadband or TV providers as you say, as many do seem to offer decent deals.

I've never had payg but have been using sim only for several years now and will never buy another phone through contract.

My old mum has a basic Sky package and alongside that she gets 2 (or more?) sim cards with unlimited calls/texts for £4.50 each per month.

Basically my mobile package is one pound per week. Madness I tell ya.

There is data too but I never use that. Might be handy to know that they do roll it over though.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 15:09]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:17 - Jan 17 with 855 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:05 - Jan 17 by Bluefish

I don't, and EE coverage is poor round here, but might help someone else so thx anyway.

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 15:17 - Jan 17 with 851 viewsJamestownPrince

Hi

I have got my Mum on Lebara, which piggybacks on the Vodafone network - no issues with service and can top up each month online, or have a recurring topup.

https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/best-sim-only-deals
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 16:48 - Jan 17 with 804 viewsMonkeyAlan

Giff gaff. It's a superb service. £6 a month. Rolling contract. Free to call other giff gaff contract holders. Unlimited texts. Me and the Mrs use it. The mother in law has it, so said Mrs can yack for hours for free.
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 16:55 - Jan 17 with 795 viewsJ2BLUE

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 14:36 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

Edit - just looked them up - apparently no network coverage here, but thanks for the input anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 15:03]

Giff Gaff use O2 network so I doubt they'll have coverage either.

Never heard of the Vodafone thing before. What is that about? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe search for 'virtual uk mobile phone networks' and find a cheaper one who use Vodafone's network without the added costs?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 17:47 - Jan 17 with 751 viewsjontysnut

We use Tesco which I've found pretty good value.
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 18:23 - Jan 17 with 731 viewshappybeingblue

plusnet £6 for 3gb data for 30 days ,was with giffgaff who are decent but prefer plusnet customer service is very good,and slightly cheaper.
Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 18:24 - Jan 17 with 727 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 16:55 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Giff Gaff use O2 network so I doubt they'll have coverage either.

Never heard of the Vodafone thing before. What is that about? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe search for 'virtual uk mobile phone networks' and find a cheaper one who use Vodafone's network without the added costs?

iD use Three, which seems to have zero coverage here, whereas giff-gaff use 02 which says it's 'good' (on 2G anyway).

The vodaphone thing seems to be about it having decided it's not making enough money off us very low usage customers! Came in 6 days ago on 12th Jan.

"search for 'virtual uk mobile phone networks' and find a cheaper one who use Vodafone's network without the added costs?"
- good idea, cheers 👍

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 18:26 - Jan 17 with 722 viewsRyorry

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 18:23 - Jan 17 by happybeingblue

plusnet £6 for 3gb data for 30 days ,was with giffgaff who are decent but prefer plusnet customer service is very good,and slightly cheaper.

Plusnet uses EE which is a no-no round here, but thanks anyway.

Any recommendations for PAYG mobile providers (Simcard only)? on 18:29 - Jan 17 with 712 viewshappybeingblue

if you use a lot of data voxi good too £10 cheapest plan similar to giffgaff though in that you cannot talk to anyone on customer service webchat is good with them though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024