Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks 14:26 - Jan 17 with 4503 viewsElderGrizzly

So after changing (without evidence) the Pfizer dosing schedule from 3 weeks to 3 months, Raab just dropped into conversation this morning that even that could no longer be guaranteed.

As a reminder, one dose gets you to 52%.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826
Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 21:04 - Jan 17 with 353 viewsDebsyAngel

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 20:31 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Do it. It would be better for you to know if you've had it. Maybe they can change something about your treatment if they know what they're dealing with.

Good luck. Hope you feel much better soon.

Thanks J2 - I am going to do it.
Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 21:18 - Jan 17 with 339 viewsPJH

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 19:22 - Jan 17 by DebsyAngel

Thanks, and to all on here who have been kind to me. I think I need to explain it's not just the virus that scares me, but the long covid too. I have, as many on here know, been suffering since having a virus in March 2019, and spent almost 2 years trying stuff to make me better - none of which have worked.

I have had tests, all come back negative. Tried omeprazole (as doctors thought I had reflux which ENT proved twice I had not), antibiotics which I think started the whole sorry mess up, had thyroid scan, negative.

Had various other scans and tests, all negative. Tried antidepressants for the worsening anxiety - had to stop those as affected my eye condition. Had ECGs and they discovered ectopic heartbeats. Tried HRT for 3 months, that made me even worse.

Had an odd rash come up on my foot - nobody knows what or why this is. Trying to treat that with a steroid cream and vaseline (as it gets really dry and flaky).

There is talk of long covid - which matches all I have but how can it be this when had this before covid was even known about??

The rapid heartbeat, the breathlessness when do any task, the constant anxiety and depression - it has all got worse.

I have in the last week been sent a letter choosing me to do a antibody fingerprick test and it's to see if ever had covid, just chosen randomly. I am going to do it, as want to do my bit, but am scared of the result.

Sorry to go on, but some may wonder why I am like what I am - there it is all there.

I don't think that anyone on here with any sense and compassion wonders why you are like you are if they read your posts because you very obviously have more than your fair share of problems.

I hope everything gets sorted for you soon.
Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 21:43 - Jan 17 with 314 viewsWD19

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 21:04 - Jan 17 by DebsyAngel

Thanks J2 - I am going to do it.

Well done. You are doing your bit for research and helping the country too. The test kits are being posted out Monday/Tuesday, so should be with you by late next week. They are quick and simple to do.
Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 23:51 - Jan 17 with 283 viewsRyorry

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 19:22 - Jan 17 by DebsyAngel

Thanks, and to all on here who have been kind to me. I think I need to explain it's not just the virus that scares me, but the long covid too. I have, as many on here know, been suffering since having a virus in March 2019, and spent almost 2 years trying stuff to make me better - none of which have worked.

I have had tests, all come back negative. Tried omeprazole (as doctors thought I had reflux which ENT proved twice I had not), antibiotics which I think started the whole sorry mess up, had thyroid scan, negative.

Had various other scans and tests, all negative. Tried antidepressants for the worsening anxiety - had to stop those as affected my eye condition. Had ECGs and they discovered ectopic heartbeats. Tried HRT for 3 months, that made me even worse.

Had an odd rash come up on my foot - nobody knows what or why this is. Trying to treat that with a steroid cream and vaseline (as it gets really dry and flaky).

There is talk of long covid - which matches all I have but how can it be this when had this before covid was even known about??

The rapid heartbeat, the breathlessness when do any task, the constant anxiety and depression - it has all got worse.

I have in the last week been sent a letter choosing me to do a antibody fingerprick test and it's to see if ever had covid, just chosen randomly. I am going to do it, as want to do my bit, but am scared of the result.

Sorry to go on, but some may wonder why I am like what I am - there it is all there.

"Rapid hearbeat" - has your GP ever suggested you wear a heart monitor for 24 hrs to check for arrhythmia, Debsy? I did that about 15 months ago for an intermittent arrhythmia that grew increasingly worse over 25 years, to the extent that it caused such shortness of breath I couldn't even walk a few steps when it was happening.

SVT was found (similar to the one Tony Blair had, there are various types of it) as a result of which I had an ablation at the LGI in Dec '18 (only 24 hrs in hosp) - 90% successful which meant I've been able to return to near-normal (& it can be repeated if I want the other 10%).

Worth a shot?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 00:02 - Jan 18 with 273 viewsDebsyAngel

Raab - we may not be able to guarantee a 2nd dose in 12 weeks on 23:51 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

"Rapid hearbeat" - has your GP ever suggested you wear a heart monitor for 24 hrs to check for arrhythmia, Debsy? I did that about 15 months ago for an intermittent arrhythmia that grew increasingly worse over 25 years, to the extent that it caused such shortness of breath I couldn't even walk a few steps when it was happening.

SVT was found (similar to the one Tony Blair had, there are various types of it) as a result of which I had an ablation at the LGI in Dec '18 (only 24 hrs in hosp) - 90% successful which meant I've been able to return to near-normal (& it can be repeated if I want the other 10%).

Worth a shot?

I had various ECGs in A&E throughout 2019, as thought I was having a heart attack a few times. One doctor discovered these ectopic heartbeats. I had a 24 hour machine in Nov 2019 and then an appointment in cardiology in Jan 2020. My heart was healthy but I do have ectopic heartbeats. They had no idea why it was happening. I first noticed it in 2019 when bending over. I am getting it worse now, but after trying HRT (they thought it could be hormone linked) that did nothing and the treatment made me so dizzy and ill that I came off it. I cannot take beta blockers as have asthma. So I feel kind of stuck. Glad you are ok though! x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024