Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How we should line up 15:02 - Jan 17 with 5677 viewsBluefish

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolf Kenlock
Downes Dozzell Bishop
Lankester Norwood Dobra

KVY obvs not fit so I would play Donacien until then and if he is sold then Nsiala or McGuiness with Chambo move to RB. Woolf is our future and the most complete defender in the squad. He should be given the best opportunity to flourish for our long term future, that means alongside Chambers.

Ward is being targeted as a weakness,uch lock Kenlock used to be. Neither are great options but we might as well go for the academy choice that might still have a future in the game. Not a critical pick though really.

The midfield 3 must be 1st choice. All academy and a great balance

Lankester hasn't set the world on fire but he wad returning from a long time out and playing a different role each week in a team underperforming. Put him wide right forward with a remit to get close to Norwood and tuck in.

Dobra again is the future, he did well when he came in. Play him and again give him the freedom to play.

Norwood is our best striker. His hassling of defenders give us so much. He needs the support of other players around him, the young legs of JL and Dobs gives him that

Sell Jackson and Edwards, they are our only assets and don't add enough to keep the youth out. Sears and Judge are versatile back up but if we can move them on then do it.

This is a real blueprint for the club.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How we should line up on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 2692 viewsBluefish

How we should line up on 17:26 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Not sure Dobra is ready to be starting every week and Kenlock is really hopeless. Ideally I'd like to see us bring a new left back in as that's a real problem area still, Ward started the season well but since his injury he's been toss and doesn't look up to much. Lankester on the right and Edwards on the left gives you players naturally wanting to come inside and get close to Norwood and we know Edwards can score goals at this level.

I've seen enough from Dobra to know he can dominate games. His pressing is better than anyone in the team bar probably Downes. He ability to go past players better than all bar probably Bishop and his ability to win fouls is another threat. He needs games and belief in him. Edwards doesn't offer anywhere near enough to be a standout especially with the contract situation. His absence has made him something he isn't.

I referred to the left back situation, they are both crap so go with the one that has potential to be here next season and to improve. Not too fussed if we keep ward until we have a replacement though.

Not sure any other positions can be disrupted as to what is best for out long and short term future

How we should line up on 17:52 - Jan 17 with 2678 viewsbrogansnose

How we should line up on 16:40 - Jan 17 by Bluefish

We now just need a team to lead it. Dyer to be involved because he is the passion and the example of what you can become. I'd want Butch there in some capacity as a coach.

How about Cook as manager, dyer as assistant and butch as coach?

Would Cook take the gig anyway, we know that Dyer would but needs support and guidance. I'm still smarting that we kept this one when we could have had Nathan Jones when he became free.

In my book, whoever comes in, must have long term vision and ethos which is more closely aligned to the sometimes mythical but traditional 'Ipswich way'.
How we should line up on 17:55 - Jan 17 with 2669 viewsHerbivore

How we should line up on 17:45 - Jan 17 by Bluefish

I've seen enough from Dobra to know he can dominate games. His pressing is better than anyone in the team bar probably Downes. He ability to go past players better than all bar probably Bishop and his ability to win fouls is another threat. He needs games and belief in him. Edwards doesn't offer anywhere near enough to be a standout especially with the contract situation. His absence has made him something he isn't.

I referred to the left back situation, they are both crap so go with the one that has potential to be here next season and to improve. Not too fussed if we keep ward until we have a replacement though.

Not sure any other positions can be disrupted as to what is best for out long and short term future

I'm not sure Kenlock does have scope to improve though. He's not a kid anymore and he's no better now than when he made his debut.

Dobra hasn't really shown what you suggest he's shown. He has ability but he's still very raw and has yet to really stand out in any of his league appearances. Despite missing the last couple of months or more with injury, Edwards is our top scorer. He offers genuine pace and a goal threat and he can get up and down. He's offered a lot more this season than Dobra has. I'd rather phase Dobra in from the bench with the occasional start to help him develop. He's not ready to start every week yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How we should line up on 18:01 - Jan 17 with 2653 viewsITFC_96

I see a lot of comments about Dobra and whether he should be in the team. I think he should be. The reason he has not shown much in the previous appearances is because he has been shoehorned into a winger role. In every appearance where he has been played in his natural position, as a no. 10 he has literally been Town's best player.

It is Lambert's mismanagement of players and tactics which has been the downfall of so many in our team.
How we should line up on 18:29 - Jan 17 with 2627 viewsjayessess

To be honest I don't think lineups or formations are our issue. Could the team you've listed here win football matches in League One? Absolutely. But so could most of the lineups Lambert picks. It's the total absence of any effective plan for how they play as a unit that's the issue.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How we should line up on 18:30 - Jan 17 with 2621 viewsIllinoisblue

How we should line up on 17:27 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

What do you reckon? Do you think if Lambert wanted one more body in first team training he could sort it?

Man management at its finest! What a club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How we should line up on 19:58 - Jan 17 with 2585 viewsBluefish

How we should line up on 16:11 - Jan 17 by cbower

Seriously? Lambert seems determined to break this kid come hell or high water. Play him as a no.10 in behind one or even two strikers and attack teams and I think he would flourish. A wideman with too many defensive responsibility is not his game. At worst, he should be on the bench as a game changing 20 minute sub. Lambert has to go.

That is it right there. If Dobra is too raw to play (which he isn't) he should be a sub to try and turn games. A bit like yesterday when we had Norwood starting and then Drinan on the bench in case we needed a replacement for Norwood. We then had Hawkins on the bench on the bench in case we then needed a replacement for Drinan. Wjy not Jackson on the bench in case we needed something different and 442

How we should line up on 20:16 - Jan 17 with 2571 viewsMrTown

How we should line up on 18:30 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

Man management at its finest! What a club.

We are a circus act at the moment, and Lambert doesn’t want to be here anymore than we want him here.

It’s a disaster right now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

How we should line up on 20:18 - Jan 17 with 2571 viewsPinewoodblue

Think you are getting ahead of yourself that looks like our team next season in Div3.

Cannot see Lambert playing seven ex academy players.

Yes I think Chambers will be here next season but only if we don't go up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How we should line up on 22:12 - Jan 17 with 2520 viewsghostofescobar

Against a wall.

GhostOfEscobar

How we should line up on 22:47 - Jan 17 with 2497 viewsreusersfreekicks

Dobra dominate games - arf
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 22:49]
How we should line up on 08:42 - Jan 18 with 2422 viewsrickw

I think the point is - if nobody has done any better then go with our homegrown youngster.
I would argue Edwards has done enough so far this season to justify being included, other than that it should be the platform we try to build off

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

How we should line up on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 2380 viewsbraveblue

Chambers in the middle would be awful. Lost all pace. Edwards was very good until injury. Sell him? Dobra flatters to deceive.
Would okay KVY with Wolf and McG in the middle. Norwood and Jackson as a strike pairing. Judge before Lankester. 442
How we should line up on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 2372 viewsPinewoodblue

How we should line up on 10:54 - Jan 18 by braveblue

Chambers in the middle would be awful. Lost all pace. Edwards was very good until injury. Sell him? Dobra flatters to deceive.
Would okay KVY with Wolf and McG in the middle. Norwood and Jackson as a strike pairing. Judge before Lankester. 442

John Wark ended his career at centre back he didn’t need pace but his partner wasn’t any quicker. But they had awareness. Not sure Chambers does, until after the event.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How we should line up on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 2352 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How we should line up on 10:54 - Jan 18 by braveblue

Edwards has had one game back since his injury and you want to sell him?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How we should line up on 11:30 - Jan 18 with 2345 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What more do you want Edwards to offer? If I were a team's top scorer and joint-top assister, despite being out injured for several weeks, and someone told me I don't offer anywhere near enough, I'd be a bit miffed!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How we should line up on 11:35 - Jan 18 with 2339 viewsStokieBlue

No.

We need to play two up front.

Norwood/Hawkins/Drinan and Jackson are capable of banging in loads of goals at this level playing as a 2 with some service.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 2335 viewsJammyDodgerrr

How we should line up on 15:21 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Dobra been back training with the U23s all week even though he had started 5 of previous 6, you couldn’t make it up

Done zero in those games though.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 2335 viewsBluefish

How we should line up on 11:35 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

No.

We need to play two up front.

Norwood/Hawkins/Drinan and Jackson are capable of banging in loads of goals at this level playing as a 2 with some service.

SB

I'd love 2 up top but we would need to make it fit with the personnel. How would you make it work for Dozzell, Downes and Bishop?

Jackson and maybe Sears are the only 2nd strikers available to partner the target men. Norwood could probably a
Play either role but Jackson will be off and Sears is long past his best. Who will play wide in a 442? 532 would probably suit but we don't have wingbacks

How we should line up on 11:40 - Jan 18 with 2329 viewsBluefish

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 by JammyDodgerrr

A tennage lad playing in a restricted role in a struggling team hasn't transformed the place in a handful of disjointed games. I've seen enough from him to know he has plenty

How we should line up on 11:44 - Jan 18 with 2324 viewsDanTheMan

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 by JammyDodgerrr

We could stick Messi in this team and he'd not perform well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How we should line up on 12:03 - Jan 18 with 2306 viewsStokieBlue

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

I'd love 2 up top but we would need to make it fit with the personnel. How would you make it work for Dozzell, Downes and Bishop?

Jackson and maybe Sears are the only 2nd strikers available to partner the target men. Norwood could probably a
Play either role but Jackson will be off and Sears is long past his best. Who will play wide in a 442? 532 would probably suit but we don't have wingbacks

Playing a formation just to fit in players that isn't effective is basically what Lambert has been doing so it's interesting you want to persist with that strategy.

Jackson wouldn't be off if he was playing in a 2 and scoring.

If you want to fit them all in then something like 4-1-3-2 would probably be best but could lack some width:

KVY --- Chambers --- Wolf --- Ward
--------------- Dozzell --------------------
-- Bishop -- Downes -- Harrop -----
------- Jackson --- Norwood ----------

Harsh on Edwards who could come in the Harrop (as could Judge) but in the end what we are doing now doesn't seem to work for us.

Something needs to change, preferably Lambert.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 12:09]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How we should line up on 12:15 - Jan 18 with 2286 viewsBluefish

How we should line up on 12:03 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Playing a formation just to fit in players that isn't effective is basically what Lambert has been doing so it's interesting you want to persist with that strategy.

Jackson wouldn't be off if he was playing in a 2 and scoring.

If you want to fit them all in then something like 4-1-3-2 would probably be best but could lack some width:

KVY --- Chambers --- Wolf --- Ward
--------------- Dozzell --------------------
-- Bishop -- Downes -- Harrop -----
------- Jackson --- Norwood ----------

Harsh on Edwards who could come in the Harrop (as could Judge) but in the end what we are doing now doesn't seem to work for us.

Something needs to change, preferably Lambert.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 12:09]

Bit harsh there really in your 1st paragraph.

Jackson will be off, he wants away for something better and is running his contract down trying to force a move.

Edwards definitely couldn't play that role but no idea if Harrop could

I am happy to see 2 up top but if not we need the wide players as close to the forward as possible. This is very different to how we play today

How we should line up on 13:28 - Jan 18 with 2262 viewsHerbivore

How we should line up on 11:38 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

Midfield diamond, fam. Midfield diamond. Dozzell as the pivot, Downes and Bishop going box to box, Lankester or Dobra in the hole between midfield and forwards. HMS Piss the league is back in the water.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 13:41]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024