Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Spector has died 18:43 - Jan 17 with 2166 viewsDubtractor

Not sure he warrants an RIP though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Phil Spector has died on 18:47 - Jan 17 with 2147 viewsBloots

Rest In Prison. (n/t) by Bloots 17 Jan 2021 16:22

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Phil Spector has died on 18:50 - Jan 17 with 2123 viewsazuremerlangus

Without his 'Wall of Sound' there would have never been Pet Sounds.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Phil Spector has died on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 2122 viewsDubtractor

Phil Spector has died on 18:47 - Jan 17 by Bloots

Rest In Prison. (n/t) by Bloots 17 Jan 2021 16:22

Didn't see that, but agreed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Phil Spector has died on 19:27 - Jan 17 with 2057 viewsMelford

A very interesting person to say the least. There's a really good book called Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound by Mick Brown which is a very good read.

He recorded some truly groundbreaking music but also was a total loon. The Ramones were scared of his gun-toting craziness and the recording of John Lennon's Rock 'N' Roll album sounded like total chaos

Lennon initially teamed up with producer Phil Spector to record the album,[6][7] letting Spector have full control.[8][9] Spector chose some of the songs, booked the studio, and the musicians.[8] When news got around that Lennon was in Hollywood making a record, every musician there wanted to be part of the sessions.[5] In mid-October 1973, sessions were booked at A&M Studios,[9] with many of them having over 30 musicians,[8] but the sessions quickly fell into disarray–fueled by alcohol.[6] Spector once showed up dressed in a surgeon's outfit and shot a gun in the ceiling of the studio, hurting Lennon's ears.[5][10] On another occasion, a bottle of whiskey had spilled on the A&M Studio's mixing console causing future sessions to be banned from the facility.[5] Unknown to Lennon, each night Spector would remove the master tapes from the studio, and move them to his house.[8][9] Spector then disappeared with the session tapes[6][8] and would not be heard from for several months. Spector made one cryptic call to Lennon, claiming to have the "John Dean tapes" from the recent Watergate scandal; Lennon deduced that Spector meant he had the album's master tapes

But I love his music, his production and the Wall Of Sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_to_Be_with_You_(album)
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 19:33]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Phil Spector has died on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 2024 viewsDubtractor

Phil Spector has died on 18:50 - Jan 17 by azuremerlangus

Without his 'Wall of Sound' there would have never been Pet Sounds.

Absolutely - fully respect and appreciate his genius, but a pretty ropey person by all accounts even before the murder.

Phil Spector has died on 19:51 - Jan 17 with 1981 viewsMelford

Phil Spector has died on 19:39 - Jan 17 by Dubtractor

Absolutely - fully respect and appreciate his genius, but a pretty ropey person by all accounts even before the murder.

When your thing is getting drunk and firing off guns you're bound to come unstuck at some point.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Phil Spector has died on 20:17 - Jan 17 with 1957 viewsstiff_talking

Phil Spector has died on 19:51 - Jan 17 by Melford

When your thing is getting drunk and firing off guns you're bound to come unstuck at some point.

He took guns out on Joey Ramone and John Lennon as the guy hated being alone

In the end a killing for company !
Phil Spector has died on 20:19 - Jan 17 with 1949 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sad news, him and Kirsty Alsopp were quite the double act.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Spector has died on 21:55 - Jan 17 with 1879 viewsElderGrizzly

Phil Spector has died on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 1863 viewsvapour_trail

Phil Spector has died on 19:27 - Jan 17 by Melford

A very interesting person to say the least. There's a really good book called Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound by Mick Brown which is a very good read.

He recorded some truly groundbreaking music but also was a total loon. The Ramones were scared of his gun-toting craziness and the recording of John Lennon's Rock 'N' Roll album sounded like total chaos

Lennon initially teamed up with producer Phil Spector to record the album,[6][7] letting Spector have full control.[8][9] Spector chose some of the songs, booked the studio, and the musicians.[8] When news got around that Lennon was in Hollywood making a record, every musician there wanted to be part of the sessions.[5] In mid-October 1973, sessions were booked at A&M Studios,[9] with many of them having over 30 musicians,[8] but the sessions quickly fell into disarray–fueled by alcohol.[6] Spector once showed up dressed in a surgeon's outfit and shot a gun in the ceiling of the studio, hurting Lennon's ears.[5][10] On another occasion, a bottle of whiskey had spilled on the A&M Studio's mixing console causing future sessions to be banned from the facility.[5] Unknown to Lennon, each night Spector would remove the master tapes from the studio, and move them to his house.[8][9] Spector then disappeared with the session tapes[6][8] and would not be heard from for several months. Spector made one cryptic call to Lennon, claiming to have the "John Dean tapes" from the recent Watergate scandal; Lennon deduced that Spector meant he had the album's master tapes

Clearly a wrongun.

Unbelievable influence on music as we know it. Very few producers in fact who have had such an impact since the dawn of rock n roll.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Phil Spector has died on 22:06 - Jan 17 with 1849 viewsPendejo

Phil Spector has died on 21:55 - Jan 17 by ElderGrizzly

'scuse the being thick but how were the other three talented?

I guess Shipman was talented at playing god, dispatching his victims with an injection accompanied by tea and biscuits

I guess Neilson was talented at chat up lines

But can't imagine what Fred West was talented at, other than being a psycho

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Phil Spector has died on 22:20 - Jan 17 with 1821 viewsBlueBadger

Phil Spector has died on 22:06 - Jan 17 by Pendejo

'scuse the being thick but how were the other three talented?

I guess Shipman was talented at playing god, dispatching his victims with an injection accompanied by tea and biscuits

I guess Neilson was talented at chat up lines

But can't imagine what Fred West was talented at, other than being a psycho

The in-laws are from Hyde, Shipman was a very highly regarded GP , until, you know.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil Spector has died on 23:33 - Jan 17 with 1779 viewsRyorry

Phil Spector has died on 19:39 - Jan 17 by Dubtractor

Mentally ill wasn't he? and on medication for bi-polar for decades -

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/17/528954909/phil-spector-legendary-record-producer-

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Phil Spector has died on 00:07 - Jan 18 with 1753 viewsBluespeed225

Phil Spector has died on 19:27 - Jan 17 by Melford

I've seen Ronnie spector a couple of times. She was basically locked in their house from 68-74, guns all around. Think he paid ike Turner something like 10k to stay away from the River deep sessions, so he could fully manipulate Tina without Ike's already drug fuel temper geeting in the way. a dangerous mix!
Phil Spector has died on 01:14 - Jan 18 with 1714 viewsfactual_blue

Phil Spector has died on 22:20 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

The in-laws are from Hyde, Shipman was a very highly regarded GP , until, you know.

I once met an NHS auditor investigating prescribing practices in the local health authority. It wasn't Shipman's prescribing that were causing concern....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024