Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting 08:14 - Jan 18 with 885 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:24 - Jan 18 with 822 viewsHerbivore

But we saved our fishing industry! Oh... wait........

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:40 - Jan 18 with 795 viewsOldsmoker

I designed a computer system to identify the IBAP payments that we had to make under the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). It also printed all the docs we needed to export our products. It was incredibly complicated and the EU took us to court and fined us when we got it wrong. Some of our employees got criminal records for signing a declaration that they had no idea was wrong.
Then came the Maastricht treaty and overnight 80% of my system was redundant.
It seems it's gone back to the mess of pre-Maastricht and the skilled people who knew how it worked are all retired and have left the workforce.
Brexit will free us from EU red tape???? It's the opposite.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 791 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:24 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

I’ve only just found out Johnson screwed over the Falklands by excluding them from the deal so tariffs are now applied to their exports to the EU. And they rely heavily on EU exports - Spain is their largest market by far. The piece I saw was specific to fishing, but presumably it applies to all their products too, whatever they are - wool probably.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:55 - Jan 18 with 744 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:41 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve only just found out Johnson screwed over the Falklands by excluding them from the deal so tariffs are now applied to their exports to the EU. And they rely heavily on EU exports - Spain is their largest market by far. The piece I saw was specific to fishing, but presumably it applies to all their products too, whatever they are - wool probably.

I can confirm that sheep farming does take place on the Falklands!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 690 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:41 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

How come the Union Flag brigade aren't up in arms about this?

We fought a war to keep them "British" and now we throw them under the bus?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 668 viewsBasuco

I read through almost all through that thread on twitter the other day, the huge amount of extra work and expense many importers and exporters now face, will no doubt cost us the consumer a fortune. The wine merchant has estimated £1 - £2 extra on every main stream bottle of wine and more on niche wines. Meat is the next industry to feel the pain of this "wonder brexit deal"
Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:43 - Jan 18 with 617 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:15 - Jan 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Their tabloid cheerleaders are - it's the EU's fault we can't look after our own, predictably.

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:43 - Jan 18 with 616 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:15 - Jan 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Their tabloid cheerleaders are - it's the EU's fault we can't look after our own, predictably. Oh, and apparently the Argies are loving it!

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 09:52 - Jan 18 with 589 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:24 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

June Mummery is worth a follow on that twitter thing.

She's the lowestoft area lass and former UKIP MEP who advised our fishery people to vote leave for a better deal and nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that she's quid in with a processing plant, no sirree.

The comments one her "what about us" posts are sublime but she's quick with the block-hammer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 10:25 - Jan 18 with 523 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit is a shambles part....I give up counting on 08:40 - Jan 18 by Oldsmoker

I designed a computer system to identify the IBAP payments that we had to make under the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). It also printed all the docs we needed to export our products. It was incredibly complicated and the EU took us to court and fined us when we got it wrong. Some of our employees got criminal records for signing a declaration that they had no idea was wrong.
Then came the Maastricht treaty and overnight 80% of my system was redundant.
It seems it's gone back to the mess of pre-Maastricht and the skilled people who knew how it worked are all retired and have left the workforce.
Brexit will free us from EU red tape???? It's the opposite.

It's almost as if this whole exercise was for the benefit of a few wing nuts and disaster capitalists who were manipulating the xenophobia of the easily led to their own ends.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024