Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postcode lottery 09:17 - Jan 18 with 4566 viewsFixed_It

I see the Government have announced that over-70s are to be getting invites for their vaccinations this week. This is despite the fact that my Mum, who is 85 and lives in Woodbridge, hasn't had her invite yet. Seems a tad unfair that where you live has such a bearing on how you are protected. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Postcode lottery on 14:19 - Jan 18 with 606 viewsIpswichKnight

Parents next door neighbours both over 80 and living in Woodbridge have been vaccinated, hate to say this but it sounds like an issue with the GP’s and not the Government. Father in law in East Sussex hadn’t been contacted yet and he’s over 80, though he’s probably told my sister in law thinking he told my wife as well which often happens!
Postcode lottery on 15:42 - Jan 18 with 559 viewsSharkey

Postcode lottery on 09:46 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

My sister-in-law has been told she is a priority because she has been told she has Downs, she doesn't. But she can't get through to correct her record so now needs to decide whether to have the jab when offered, or not because she shouldn't.

Issue then becomes will she ever get one if she misses slot - as no way of updating it anywhere that she shouldn't be elgible.

I'd say she should definitely take it. (Another person done, and no extra admin for anyone.)
Postcode lottery on 15:57 - Jan 18 with 540 viewsjaykay

Postcode lottery on 13:36 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

They're doing that because Leiston and Saxmundham surgeries are making sure they do their 'own' as a priority so aren't seeing those in Aldeburgh and Orford as you'd expect they might. Def info.

Not ideal as you say, though from what I gather most places are getting through the list of people at a pretty rapid pace so hopefully people still waiting will hear soon.

deffo info. leiston drs rung local supermarket asking if any body over 50 working there, can get to the place where their they doing the jab in 15 mins ,they would inoculate them.
look like some didn't turn up, so good on them they didn't waste any vaccine.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Postcode lottery on 17:09 - Jan 18 with 516 viewsPinewoodblue

Hancock has just said everyone over 80 will be contacted and invited to have a Covid Jab in the next FOUR WEEKS.

What an idiot.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Postcode lottery on 17:29 - Jan 18 with 508 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good job wannabe indy SNP government can rely on the British army to sort out the shambles up here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/18/british-army-establishing-80-new

Absolute joke up here and in Taffyland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

They have said this morning that.... on 18:04 - Jan 18 with 463 viewsoldbluey

They have said this morning that.... on 09:27 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....over 70s will only get the invite in areas where the over 80s have already been vaccinated.

Obviously there are some issues with infrastructure in some areas.

Not ideal, but we were always going to see some anomalies.

I live in Kesgrave but after some problems with the local surgery several years ago I switched to the 2 Rivers surgery ( next door to Ipswich Hospital ).
It’s only a short journey from home and the 2 Rivers staff are brilliant. I went there for my virus jab yesterday and only waited 5 minutes before it it was done.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

They have said this morning that.... on 19:06 - Jan 18 with 415 viewsGlasgowBlue

They have said this morning that.... on 18:04 - Jan 18 by oldbluey

I live in Kesgrave but after some problems with the local surgery several years ago I switched to the 2 Rivers surgery ( next door to Ipswich Hospital ).
It’s only a short journey from home and the 2 Rivers staff are brilliant. I went there for my virus jab yesterday and only waited 5 minutes before it it was done.

Long time no see Oldbluey. Glad your jab went well.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

They have said this morning that.... on 19:32 - Jan 18 with 388 viewsoldbluey

They have said this morning that.... on 19:06 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

Long time no see Oldbluey. Glad your jab went well.

I’ve been stuck indoors ( just me and the cat ) since last summer. Have been hoping for positive footie news but given on that now!

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024