Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postcode lottery 09:17 - Jan 18 with 4575 viewsFixed_It

I see the Government have announced that over-70s are to be getting invites for their vaccinations this week. This is despite the fact that my Mum, who is 85 and lives in Woodbridge, hasn't had her invite yet. Seems a tad unfair that where you live has such a bearing on how you are protected. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Postcode lottery on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 1049 viewsnoggin

Postcode lottery on 09:24 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

My wife's Grandad has already had 1st and 2nd jabs, and died of Covid at the weekend.....how's that for efficiency?!

No idea how it is all working, but think in some areas they are still working through Tier 1 of people (care home workers and residents) so whilst other areas are getting ahead it's very difficult for everywhere to run concurrently.

I wouldn't pay much heed to the announcement of who is going to be done, but look more at the stats of who has been done to see where it really is.

Sorry to hear about your wife's Grandad. Norway is currently re-evaluating it's vaccination process after 13 elderly and terminally ill patients died within days of receiving the vaccine. Of course, they may well have died anyway but that is something for the experts to examine.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Postcode lottery on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 1050 viewsPhilTWTD

Postcode lottery on 12:29 - Jan 18 by Fixed_It

Well my post clearly worked ss she received a text and has managed to book online - getting her jab in Woodbridge tomorrow!
She doesn't often use her mobile, so just as well she checked. Might be worth others in a similar situation keeping an eye out. Also, when she phoned the number given they said there was a delay as they were so busy - so she tried online and (eventually) succeeded. Not ideal expecting over 80s to do it online, but hey!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully my in-laws will get a letter or a text, the surgery has said they should hear something in the next three days.

Yes, the system for setting up appointments not ideal, neither those over 80 having to get to Woodbridge. As I understand it those in Aldeburgh and Orford are having to travel to Woodbridge.
Postcode lottery on 12:40 - Jan 18 with 1040 viewsPhilTWTD

Postcode lottery on 12:28 - Jan 18 by jaykay

i got text today from my drs surgery asking me to ring, to make appointment for my jab.
done this and got 10.51 on thursday. i am 71 , my daughters father inlaw had his last friday. he is 84. he has the same drs as me . i think each surgery has the vaccine and how they are rolling out is.down to them.
some in my town are under a dr in aldeburgh and they have to go to alderton for their jab.,which is 20 miles away

Alderton are doing their jabs at Woodbridge so they'll have to travel there. As I said below, might prove difficult for some.
Postcode lottery on 12:42 - Jan 18 with 1037 viewsPJH

My mum, aged 95, had her first one last Thursday in Woodbridge and date in March set for her second one.

Surprised that your mum has not heard anything yet.

I know this post does not help you or your mum any but my sister was contacted regarding my mum last Wednesday(maybe Tuesday) and appointment sorted for last Thursday.

edit-just saw your other post, glad now sorted for your mum.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 12:43]
Postcode lottery on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 1034 viewsElderGrizzly

Postcode lottery on 10:33 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

Sorry to hear that Joe.

Worth noting that a Covid vaccination will typically take around 2 weeks to give the level of immunity we hear about. It'll do nothing for someone who already has Covid, or catches it within that period. Just wanted to add that for anyone who might be questioning the effectiveness of these vaccines. Of course they're still not 100% effective, nor do they need to be to halt this thing.

Yep jab one gets you to 52% (if it's Pfizer)
Postcode lottery on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 1015 viewshype313

Postcode lottery on 12:32 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Glad to hear it. Hopefully my in-laws will get a letter or a text, the surgery has said they should hear something in the next three days.

Yes, the system for setting up appointments not ideal, neither those over 80 having to get to Woodbridge. As I understand it those in Aldeburgh and Orford are having to travel to Woodbridge.

There are people that actually live in Aldeburgh? I would have thought most of those would get jabbed in Chelsea.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Postcode lottery on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 1003 viewsbackwaywhen

Postcode lottery on 09:23 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

My mother, in her early 80s, has only just received a date for her first jab.

They are desperately short of vaccinators. Friend of mine, ex-pharmacy technician, has been essentially called up (seconded from her current job) and is in training to administer the jabs.

How did the info arrive was it a call from her surgery or letter from NHS , interested because I’m on the extremely vulnerable list due to my kidney transplant .
Postcode lottery on 13:15 - Jan 18 with 999 viewslongtimefan

Postcode lottery on 11:44 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

My in-laws both over 80 are also waiting and also in Woodbridge area, all East Suffolk surgeries are having their vaccinations done at Woodbridge.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not sure that’s strictly true. Grange Farm and Martlesham (both East Suffolk) are being done at Felixstowe.
Login to get fewer ads

Postcode lottery on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 992 viewslongtimefan

Postcode lottery on 09:44 - Jan 18 by Superfrans

Anyone who has an elderly relative who should have had a jab should call their surgery, especially if they are hearing of younger patients getting jabs. Chances are, there will be a spare appointment and they will be fitted in.

My Mother, who’s 89 and in remission, hasn’t received an invite yet. She contacted her surgery in Ipswich to ask if she’d been missed off the list and they told her they weren’t handling the vaccinations and it was all being processed elsewhere. Helpfully they wouldn’t give her any contact details for who was.
Postcode lottery on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 991 viewsIpswich1984

We booked an appointment for tomorrow at Trinity Park, then we're notified it was cancelled. Ipswich star said it was because of the vaccines short expiry date.

I called the booking number and no-one can tell us when we will be contacted again or at least confirm he's back on the list to get booked again.

It's an utter shambles.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Postcode lottery on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 983 viewsIpswich1984

Postcode lottery on 13:12 - Jan 18 by backwaywhen

How did the info arrive was it a call from her surgery or letter from NHS , interested because I’m on the extremely vulnerable list due to my kidney transplant .

My dad got a text message with either a phone number or a link to book online.

Although it took 3 hours to get through this morning so best to book online if you can.

It's only 52% if you include data from.... on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 984 viewsBloots

Postcode lottery on 12:44 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Yep jab one gets you to 52% (if it's Pfizer)

....day 1 to day 15 after administering.

If you only count data from day 15 onwards it's 89%.

Come on Grizzers.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Postcode lottery on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 980 viewsPhilTWTD

Postcode lottery on 13:15 - Jan 18 by longtimefan

Not sure that’s strictly true. Grange Farm and Martlesham (both East Suffolk) are being done at Felixstowe.

Wrong to say East Suffolk then, those surgeries beyond Woodbridge is what I meant, Alderton, Orford, Aldeburgh.

Woodbridge would make more sense than Felixstowe for Martlesham and Grange Farm.
Postcode lottery on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 975 viewsPinewoodblue

Postcode lottery on 13:21 - Jan 18 by Ipswich1984

We booked an appointment for tomorrow at Trinity Park, then we're notified it was cancelled. Ipswich star said it was because of the vaccines short expiry date.

I called the booking number and no-one can tell us when we will be contacted again or at least confirm he's back on the list to get booked again.

It's an utter shambles.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/health/suffolk-vaccination-centres-temporaril

The reason for cancellation seems to be that the vaccine they delivered was only OK to use for 3 days, not the 3.5 days they had expected. They have cancelled the codes they had already issued, you need the code to book the jab, so guess will have to wait until they send out new ones,

On the day the government announce invitations are going out to everyone over 70 here in Suffolk they are cancelling invitations already sent out. This only appears to apply to those whose GP has signed up with Suffolk Federation of GPs to undertake vaccinations. Doesn’t appear to be any issues if your GP is making own arrangements to vaccinate their patients.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Postcode lottery on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 958 viewsGuthrum

Postcode lottery on 13:12 - Jan 18 by backwaywhen

Think it was a letter, but not sure. She did have to ring them, however, to get the appointment moved slightly, due to the person giving her a lift* not being available (taking someone else for their jab). Which was not a problem.

* The vaccinations are being done in a town about five miles away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Postcode lottery on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 960 viewsLankHenners

Postcode lottery on 12:32 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

They're doing that because Leiston and Saxmundham surgeries are making sure they do their 'own' as a priority so aren't seeing those in Aldeburgh and Orford as you'd expect they might. Def info.

Not ideal as you say, though from what I gather most places are getting through the list of people at a pretty rapid pace so hopefully people still waiting will hear soon.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Postcode lottery on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 954 viewsIpswich1984

Postcode lottery on 13:31 - Jan 18 by Pinewoodblue

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/health/suffolk-vaccination-centres-temporaril

The reason for cancellation seems to be that the vaccine they delivered was only OK to use for 3 days, not the 3.5 days they had expected. They have cancelled the codes they had already issued, you need the code to book the jab, so guess will have to wait until they send out new ones,

On the day the government announce invitations are going out to everyone over 70 here in Suffolk they are cancelling invitations already sent out. This only appears to apply to those whose GP has signed up with Suffolk Federation of GPs to undertake vaccinations. Doesn’t appear to be any issues if your GP is making own arrangements to vaccinate their patients.

Yeah that's the article I saw. My mum is younger than my dad and now qualifies to be sent an invite, I'm preparing myself for war between my parents when she gets her text before my dad.

The person I spoke to said they cant do anything without a code which while I understand the system was put together quickly there should be some failsafe to deal with scenarios like this where people who have appointments cancelled can be rebooked quickly especially when they are meant to be the ones most at risk and I cant see it being the last time that this happens.

Postcode lottery on 13:38 - Jan 18 with 946 viewsjaykay

Postcode lottery on 12:40 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Alderton are doing their jabs at Woodbridge so they'll have to travel there. As I said below, might prove difficult for some.

my mistake you are right.one of my neighbours is under aldeburgh and has got one at woodbridge wed, he is 74.
so looking at it ,if the drs from alterton and their practices are using woodbridge as well as the drs in woodbridge its going to a busy medical centre

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Postcode lottery on 13:41 - Jan 18 with 937 viewsPJH

Postcode lottery on 13:38 - Jan 18 by jaykay

my mistake you are right.one of my neighbours is under aldeburgh and has got one at woodbridge wed, he is 74.
so looking at it ,if the drs from alterton and their practices are using woodbridge as well as the drs in woodbridge its going to a busy medical centre

Woodbridge vaccinations are at Community Hall-don't know if that is the only place though.
Postcode lottery on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 933 viewsPinewoodblue

Postcode lottery on 13:37 - Jan 18 by Ipswich1984

Yeah that's the article I saw. My mum is younger than my dad and now qualifies to be sent an invite, I'm preparing myself for war between my parents when she gets her text before my dad.

The person I spoke to said they cant do anything without a code which while I understand the system was put together quickly there should be some failsafe to deal with scenarios like this where people who have appointments cancelled can be rebooked quickly especially when they are meant to be the ones most at risk and I cant see it being the last time that this happens.

If one of them gets a code but they want to go together they have to wait until they both have valid codes. They haven’t just cancelled booking they have cancelled the codes previously sent out.

My first thought was they had used Serco or Capita to provide the IT but no it is a local company from Needham Market.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Postcode lottery on 13:47 - Jan 18 with 914 viewsIpswich1984

Postcode lottery on 13:42 - Jan 18 by Pinewoodblue

If one of them gets a code but they want to go together they have to wait until they both have valid codes. They haven’t just cancelled booking they have cancelled the codes previously sent out.

My first thought was they had used Serco or Capita to provide the IT but no it is a local company from Needham Market.

Im not planning to wait, will just take them separately.

Postcode lottery on 13:51 - Jan 18 with 902 viewsghostofescobar

Was speaking to my mum about this yesterday. My parents live a few miles outside Ipswich and are in their mid-late 70's and they've not heard anything (despite underlying health conditions), nor do they know of anyone who has (have some friends over 80), yet my father-in-law (mid 70's) here in Hertford had his invite letter around 10 days ago and has his first jab this week.

GhostOfEscobar

Postcode lottery on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 892 viewshype313

Postcode lottery on 13:51 - Jan 18 by ghostofescobar

Was speaking to my mum about this yesterday. My parents live a few miles outside Ipswich and are in their mid-late 70's and they've not heard anything (despite underlying health conditions), nor do they know of anyone who has (have some friends over 80), yet my father-in-law (mid 70's) here in Hertford had his invite letter around 10 days ago and has his first jab this week.

There does seem to be teething problems with Suffolk at the moment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9158969/Millions-offered-jabs-minister-

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Postcode lottery on 14:10 - Jan 18 with 876 viewsChurchman

Postcode lottery on 09:19 - Jan 18 by Churchman

Yes, my dad aged 93 in Waldringfield.

It seems all a little bit random, but to be fair something of this magnitude was always going to be that way. The main thing is that they’re going at it at pace. I actually think it sensible to go to the next group even if all the first group haven’t been done yet if it means more people get vaccinated sooner. It’s a bit like loading the passengers by group on an aircraft I suppose.

The most idiotic thing was the Welsh pillock who said they were rationing vaccine so it didn’t run out before the end of the month. The sheep worrier clearly misses the point.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 14:17]
Postcode lottery on 14:13 - Jan 18 with 872 viewsPhilTWTD

Postcode lottery on 13:36 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

They're doing that because Leiston and Saxmundham surgeries are making sure they do their 'own' as a priority so aren't seeing those in Aldeburgh and Orford as you'd expect they might. Def info.

Not ideal as you say, though from what I gather most places are getting through the list of people at a pretty rapid pace so hopefully people still waiting will hear soon.

Alderton, Aldeburgh and Orford are part of the same group and they said they don't have the staff or infrastructure to do it themselves given the regulations relating to moving the Pfizer vaccine, hence doing it in Woodbridge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024