Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by 09:45 - Jan 18 with 1713 viewsKeno

A quick "how is everyone" and a reminder that, although some of may appear to be are complete eejits, this is a little community so please post or PM someone if you need a friend to talk to, and ear to rant in or just because ....

How's y'all doing?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 237 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:31 - Jan 18 by Keno

ouch!! that not a good situation especially at a time like this!!

Any ideas on what you could do?

Gigolo?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:36 - Jan 18 with 235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:25 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I lost my creative partner as well as my job! She got offered her dream job as a creative director at a computer game company, so I've got to find a new partner before a new job! Unless I decide to do something else. Uncertain times right now.

Ouch. Do you have to have your own creative partner? Can't you go somewhere where they already have them (er, no idea what I'm talking about btw)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:59 - Jan 18 with 207 viewsKeno

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:33 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Gigolo?

I heard thats a hard career to get into

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:00 - Jan 18 with 207 viewsEwan_Oozami

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 11:33 - Jan 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

Golden Retriever.

Or was I supposed to say her at no 23

This little madam is now 16 weeks old and is a canine demolition machine, though you wouldn't think so to look at her...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:05 - Jan 18 with 202 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:36 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

Ouch. Do you have to have your own creative partner? Can't you go somewhere where they already have them (er, no idea what I'm talking about btw)?

You can be a solo creative but it's mostly teams. There's a chance there are solo art directors already in jobs looking for a copywriter to join them - that's not a bad shout actually. I'd imagine they'd go to recruiters to find partners... so maybe I should contact my recruiters and tell them I'm available for such an occurrence. Worth a shot, cheers Swansea!

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:05 - Jan 18 with 198 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:59 - Jan 18 by Keno

I heard thats a hard career to get into

There's some stiff competition.

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:13 - Jan 18 with 184 viewsCoastalblue

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:05 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't wanna blow it

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:13 - Jan 18 with 184 viewsKeno

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:05 - Jan 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

It can have lots of drawbacks

Login to get fewer ads

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 15:38 - Jan 18 with 173 viewsCoastalblue

Groundhog week!! another Monday clicks by on 14:24 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

"I dearly want to get back to doing something I love to pay the bills".

I hear you. That's a definite positive that's come out of this situation for me, a chance to step out of the rat race and take a more holistic view of things. It's very hard when you're in that routine of work...pay the bills...holiday in the summer if you can...repeat, to think beyond that and realise that work is a huge part of our lives, we should really enjoy it as much as possible and I'm definitely guilty of it being a means to an end.

It's really exciting and energising to scribble down ideas and theorise about what that alternative might look like, I've started the process recently.

Good luck with it, I hope you find something that works out for you and leaves you feeling happy in what you do.

It took me until 50 to find something I felt a passion for and looked forward to doing, I had 18 months of the best fun at work I'd ever had by far and was building something I thought was going to keep me sane and solvent, then Covid happened and it all stopped.

Part of me thinks I should have stayed in the relatively well paid sales job I had which would have been pretty safe throughout all of this, but a bigger part has no regrets, I've had a taste of how it can be now and at some point I'll go again. (Do I sound like Lambert there? Eugh!)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024