Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a great statement for US airport security 10:09 - Jan 18 with 1248 viewsStokieBlue

This guy was apparently too scared to return to California so decided to live in a secure area of Chicago O'Hare for 3 months without anyone noticing:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/18/man-found-living-in-chicago-airpor

Remarkable really.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Not a great statement for US airport security on 10:39 - Jan 18 with 1184 viewsPendejo

I still have an article from a security industry magazine picked up in August 2001 (at Houston Airport whilst travelling from Bogota to Boston) about airport security, how important it is and how poorly it is implemented. Especially the rate of pay and quality of person this attracted.

Beyond human staffing there's electronic security, presumably the id was used to access electronic access doors, this hadn't been cancelled.

Eventually people get complacent and history repeats

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 11:09 - Jan 18 with 1153 viewsartsbossbeard

Not a great statement for US airport security on 10:39 - Jan 18 by Pendejo

I still have an article from a security industry magazine picked up in August 2001 (at Houston Airport whilst travelling from Bogota to Boston) about airport security, how important it is and how poorly it is implemented. Especially the rate of pay and quality of person this attracted.

Beyond human staffing there's electronic security, presumably the id was used to access electronic access doors, this hadn't been cancelled.

Eventually people get complacent and history repeats

We went to visit a mate and Town fan in LA when Beard Junior was a youngster and unfortunately on the day of travel, and after checking in, Junior came down with a sickness bug that meant we couldn't fly (flew out the next day instead).

The arse end of Heathrow terminal 5 once you get past security and attempt to get out is a total maze, you could easily live there without anyone knowing/caring and still walk to & from the takeaways/pub/shops without anyone taking any notice.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 11:51 - Jan 18 with 1093 viewsBluefish

Tom Hanks did it as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not a great statement for US airport security on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 1024 viewsjeera

Not a great statement for US airport security on 11:51 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

Tom Hanks did it as well

And pulled as well.

And made lots of friends and got cheered.

There's no doubt that Hanks won this particular challenge.

I wonder how the other chap would get along on an island all alone?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, that's what happened to Lucan when he went awol for a few months.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 925 viewsSarge

The TSA probably wear the fact that they have the most intrusive, aggressive and least effective airport security setup in the developed world as some kind of badge of honour.

It’s the kind of job for people not qualified or personable to do anything else.
Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 902 viewsipswich78

Not a great statement for US airport security on 13:29 - Jan 18 by jeera

And pulled as well.

And made lots of friends and got cheered.

There's no doubt that Hanks won this particular challenge.

I wonder how the other chap would get along on an island all alone?

That's probably down to the years he spent in the military though? It's impressive how he has overcome his mental challenges as well.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 891 viewsjeera

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:28 - Jan 18 by ipswich78

That's probably down to the years he spent in the military though? It's impressive how he has overcome his mental challenges as well.

Wasn't all of that after dying of a dreadful illness?

That's a hard act to follow in all.

Login to get fewer ads

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 885 viewsipswich78

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:33 - Jan 18 by jeera

Wasn't all of that after dying of a dreadful illness?

That's a hard act to follow in all.

Time isn't linear...

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:42 - Jan 18 with 868 viewsjeera

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:36 - Jan 18 by ipswich78

Time isn't linear...

Are you suggesting it could be shaped?

Something like The Circle?

*sorry, that's terrible even by my standards.

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:55 - Jan 18 with 852 viewsipswich78

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:42 - Jan 18 by jeera

Are you suggesting it could be shaped?

Something like The Circle?

*sorry, that's terrible even by my standards.

Jokes like that put people in a League of Their Own.

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:57 - Jan 18 with 847 viewsbluelagos

My fave (worst) was an internal flight in Nigeria, a colleague couldn't make a flight and gave me his ticket to use.

Check in desk girl looking at my flight ticket: Mr Popoola?
BL: I am today.
Check in girl: Ok.

I flew on a flight with no check that I was as named on the flight ticket. And this was post 911...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:01 - Jan 18 with 839 viewsjeera

Not a great statement for US airport security on 15:55 - Jan 18 by ipswich78

Jokes like that put people in a League of Their Own.

Thanks.

That's Big of you.

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:06 - Jan 18 with 832 viewshype313

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:01 - Jan 18 by jeera

Thanks.

That's Big of you.

Check you out, Splashing around these puns.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 810 viewsjeera

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:06 - Jan 18 by hype313

Check you out, Splashing around these puns.

Well you know, it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.

We wouldn't want to sully it.

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:33 - Jan 18 with 794 viewsPinewoodblue

Not a great statement for US airport security on 16:20 - Jan 18 by jeera

Well you know, it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.

We wouldn't want to sully it.

Was on an easy jet flight Stansted to Barcelona, three times stewards came down the aisle with their clicker counting passengers.. Stood by my seat with a puzzled look on her face. Asked if she was Ok and reply was there are more passengers than their are supposed to be.

Turned out the women in front of us wanted to go to Madrid, her plane was, or had been, at the adjacent gate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024