Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different 10:40 - Jan 18 with 844 viewswkj

We can now tell our bosses we're unhappy without having to burden them with our words.

Maybe I am being arrogant of a revolutionary idea, but my gut instinct here is this product and the person who invented it has absolutely no idea how the real world works.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55637328

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 820 viewsKeno

that is just a tad random isnt it!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 816 viewsclive_baker

What a fecking load of b0llocks that is

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 818 viewsfooters

I prefer the traditional approach of very curt emails and two-hour lunch breaks in the Dog and Duck, tbh.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 805 viewswkj

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 by Keno

that is just a tad random isnt it!!

There clearly needs to be a "I'm having a self sanctioned fag break" "I'm taking a dump right now" and "im sneaking out early for the day" button

Crybaby

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:59 - Jan 18 with 750 viewsfactual_blue

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 by footers

I prefer the traditional approach of very curt emails and two-hour lunch breaks in the Dog and Duck, tbh.

I went through a very bad period at work many years ago. I arrived at ten, stopped working for two hours at lunchtime, and left at four. Nobody said a word.

I ended up with stress-induced chicken pox.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:02 - Jan 18 with 733 viewsfooters

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:59 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

I went through a very bad period at work many years ago. I arrived at ten, stopped working for two hours at lunchtime, and left at four. Nobody said a word.

I ended up with stress-induced chicken pox.

Bloody public sector slackers. Typical.

Is it a closed shop now, or do slacking positions still exist?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:04]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 727 viewsKeno

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 10:42 - Jan 18 by footers

if you were Facters a two lunch break would have a short and worried your managers as they would have thought you were actually working for a living

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:09 - Jan 18 with 710 viewsfactual_blue

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:02 - Jan 18 by footers

Bloody public sector slackers. Typical.

Is it a closed shop now, or do slacking positions still exist?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:04]

Try the Ministry of Defence. In past (some of this was a long time ago), people there have been

- told they were working too hard*
- told to take the three weeks sick leave they were entitled to every year*

Finally when a friend who worked there more recently said she'd find the two-day Intermediate MS Word course useful, she was offered one the following week. She worked at RAF Cosford; the course was at RAF Akrotiri.

*This would have been over fifty years ago btw

Login to get fewer ads

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 678 viewsPendejo

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:09 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

Try the Ministry of Defence. In past (some of this was a long time ago), people there have been

- told they were working too hard*
- told to take the three weeks sick leave they were entitled to every year*

Finally when a friend who worked there more recently said she'd find the two-day Intermediate MS Word course useful, she was offered one the following week. She worked at RAF Cosford; the course was at RAF Akrotiri.

*This would have been over fifty years ago btw

A cousin of mine worked for the outfit that chased down absentee parents for cash (CSA?), he received an informal verbal warning telling him to curb his productivity... He decided to get a different job.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 661 viewswkj

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:03 - Jan 18 by Keno

if you were Facters a two lunch break would have a short and worried your managers as they would have thought you were actually working for a living

Having two lunches allows factors to think out of the box, as seen here

Crybaby

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:27 - Jan 18 with 645 viewsKeno

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:20 - Jan 18 by wkj

Having two lunches allows factors to think out of the box, as seen here

That reminds me of the old Wheelbarrow joke

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:48 - Jan 18 with 616 viewswkj

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:27 - Jan 18 by Keno

That reminds me of the old Wheelbarrow joke

Give a man a wheel barrow, and he will learn to fish?

Crybaby

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 12:18 - Jan 18 with 579 viewsfactual_blue

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:16 - Jan 18 by Pendejo

A cousin of mine worked for the outfit that chased down absentee parents for cash (CSA?), he received an informal verbal warning telling him to curb his productivity... He decided to get a different job.

The CSA was an absolute mess from day one.

They have trained suicide officers in their call centres to deal with absent parents who threaten to kill themselves when being asked to meet the cost of supporting their child.

At the height of antipathy towards the CSA, the Chief Exec had to be provided with a flat with its address withheld, and the lease held by a SIS front company.

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 532 viewsKeno

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 11:48 - Jan 18 by wkj

Give a man a wheel barrow, and he will learn to fish?

My dodgy mate Paul worked on a building site and every day he wheeled a barrow out with the contents covered by his coat

Everyday the guard stopped him and searched the barrow convinced Paul was stealing stuff off the site and everyday all that was under the coat was a newspaper and his lunch box

This went on for weeks until the last day the guard said to Paul "I know you are up to something go tell me what I have you nicking everyday'

Paul smiles and replied "wheelbarrows'

Town is a mess, Brexit is a mess, Covid is a mess - but somethings different on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 484 viewsDarth_Koont

Think it’s about bosses not having to check in with their staff and they can just pretend everything is great.

So I’m sure there’s a big enough market of rubbish man-managers and dysfunctional teams ... in fact I’ve already thought of a customer close to our thoughts.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024