Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You voted for it, you live with it 13:02 - Jan 18 with 3726 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55706114

Getting sick and tired of the whining now. They were warned what would happen if Leave won and the sector called out for it anyway. Now they’re moaning about the result? Might make me sound unsympathetic but tough.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 13:02]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:08 - Jan 18 with 1359 viewsnoggin

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:03 - Jan 18 by gordon

Data on Scottish Fisherpeople's attitude to Brexit here - apparently 93% intended to vote to leave the EU. At least they can take comfort in the fact that the fish are happier now.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40152-018-0090-z

Maybe it was workers at the processing plants that I remember as voting remain. Anyway, suck it up fishermen..

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:11 - Jan 18 with 1352 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 13:53 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

For the same reason that they didn't want us to go I suspect; we're all better of in many ways as part of the EU. I'm fairly sure they'd take a pragmatic view rather than hold any grudges. For sure, they'd want some assurances though!

Could we even afford to do it?

The losses so far must be enormous and any chance of a decent negotiating standpoint has surely been severely damaged. I would like to see a breakdown of costs to date but I suppose there are so many variables it would be nigh on impossible to calculate accurately.

2 years ago this month the UK received an open letter signed by most [if not all] EU nations stating the collective desire for the UK to remain.

There has been much talk of the need to reform and that, right there, was a golden opportunity to put forward some options. What a waste.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:13 - Jan 18 with 1349 viewswkj

The good news is that there will be blue passports and less brown people.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 1335 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:13 - Jan 18 by wkj

The fewer brown people could well end up being the untanned white folk who can no longer afford their holidays due to rising costs.

Good job for our recent unusually hot summers I suppose.

And at least we'll be all right for fish for our traditional seaside favourite food.

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:19 - Jan 18 with 1326 viewsnoggin

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:16 - Jan 18 by jeera

The fewer brown people could well end up being the untanned white folk who can no longer afford their holidays due to rising costs.

And at least we'll be all right for fish for our traditional seaside favourite food.

"And at least we'll be all right for fish for our traditional seaside favourite food."

Or maybe not.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theres-no-fishing-in-norway-for-the-boat-brex

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:19 - Jan 18 with 1324 viewswkj

Yeah, but the Mister Whippies are gonna melt in Calais before they get through to the UK.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:25 - Jan 18 with 1304 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:19 - Jan 18 by noggin

"And at least we'll be all right for fish for our traditional seaside favourite food."

Or maybe not.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theres-no-fishing-in-norway-for-the-boat-brex

You're just not seeing the bigger picture.

We have lots of crabs we can't sell at the moment.

The options are bountiful: crab cakes, crab claws, white crab meat, brown mushy crab meat, crab mash, mashed crab...

I'm sure I'm missing loads.

We can probably even pretend that crab sticks are actual crab now we can make up our own laws regarding food description.

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 1283 viewsSwansea_Blue

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:11 - Jan 18 by jeera

Could we even afford to do it?

The losses so far must be enormous and any chance of a decent negotiating standpoint has surely been severely damaged. I would like to see a breakdown of costs to date but I suppose there are so many variables it would be nigh on impossible to calculate accurately.

2 years ago this month the UK received an open letter signed by most [if not all] EU nations stating the collective desire for the UK to remain.

There has been much talk of the need to reform and that, right there, was a golden opportunity to put forward some options. What a waste.

Yep, the losses have been enormous so far. We could pay the full membership fee without rebate and still be quids in by at least an order of magnitude or more. And then there are all the other non-economic benefits we've given up too.

It's a no brainer that we'd be better off back in, but the politics of that happening is another matter I suppose. I can't see it being particularly popular if the Euro was a condition, for example (I suspect it wouldn't be).

Definitely better to have a position of influence inside the organisation rather than be isolated on the outside. Agreed, all a complete waste.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 1265 viewsSwansea_Blue

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:13 - Jan 18 by wkj

And the fish are happy that they're British fish.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:45 - Jan 18 with 1251 viewstractordownsouth

You voted for it, you live with it on 13:27 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

julia mummery, whose family seem to control Lowestoft-based fishing, was a brexit party MEP.

She blocked me on twitter.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:49 - Jan 18 with 1232 viewsfactual_blue

Ice cream is made from fish??!???!???

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 1195 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:49 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

Ice cream is made from fish??!???!???

Fish ice cream is.

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 1189 viewsnoggin

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:14 - Jan 18 by jeera

Fish ice cream is.

Just one Codnetto.....

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:18 - Jan 18 with 1183 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:30 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, the losses have been enormous so far. We could pay the full membership fee without rebate and still be quids in by at least an order of magnitude or more. And then there are all the other non-economic benefits we've given up too.

It's a no brainer that we'd be better off back in, but the politics of that happening is another matter I suppose. I can't see it being particularly popular if the Euro was a condition, for example (I suspect it wouldn't be).

Definitely better to have a position of influence inside the organisation rather than be isolated on the outside. Agreed, all a complete waste.

Billions and billions thrown away.

Money that could have homed people.

I saw an article the other day which I can't locate annoyingly. Might have been a BBC one but I can't see it anywhere.

It related to 340 odd rough sleepers being homed (UK). From that number almost 50 are now in work or training.

A number are in rehab and/or receiving other forms of help they need.

Only a handful have returned to the street.

That is the way to treat people and get them back into society and life in general.

Yet we can't afford it we have been told for years and years by the liars who govern.

We can only afford to waste money on rich people.

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:49 - Jan 18 with 1168 viewsfactual_blue

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:14 - Jan 18 by jeera

Fish ice cream is.

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:50 - Jan 18 with 1168 viewsfactual_blue

You voted for it, you live with it on 14:45 - Jan 18 by tractordownsouth

She blocked me on twitter.

We stopped using Mummerys fish stall on Bury St Edmunds market.

That'll teach 'em.

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:52 - Jan 18 with 1162 viewsfactual_blue

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:15 - Jan 18 by noggin

Just one Codnetto.....

That song is actually O Sole Mio, isn't it?

I think that translates as 'no, I ordered the sole'.

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:54 - Jan 18 with 1161 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:50 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

We stopped using Mummerys fish stall on Bury St Edmunds market.

That'll teach 'em.

I always used Carmichael's.

Sharon is much prettier and the stuff has always been good.

There's a direct connection to family members to June Mummery then?

You voted for it, you live with it on 21:25 - Jan 18 with 1069 viewsWeWereZombies

You voted for it, you live with it on 15:15 - Jan 18 by noggin

Just one Codnetto.....

Although one of those scallop shaped wafers (which I haven't seen for years) would be more appropriate.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

You voted for it, you live with it on 21:47 - Jan 18 with 1056 viewsTieDyedIn95

You voted for it, you live with it on 13:06 - Jan 18 by footers

I'm dumbfounded that people in the fishing industry seem unaware that a very large percentage of UK fishermen's catches are not in UK waters and that fish and shellfish tend to go off fairly quickly. How stupid do you have to be? Or do they think all the lovely European fish will migrate to Brexit Britain, or that fish will somehow be exempt from new border controls?

Maybe the people on here who were spouting off about the benefits for fishing towns could tell us where we're going wrong here.

I think the answer is Boris Johnson. He pushed through any deal just to tell the Daily Mail he saved the country and delivered Brexit, just like when he infected half the country because he didn't want to be the PM that cancelled Christmas. The man is the biggest tool ever elected as our PM, and we have had a few.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

You voted for it, you live with it on 22:26 - Jan 18 with 1035 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

You voted for it, you live with it on 21:47 - Jan 18 by TieDyedIn95

I think the answer is Boris Johnson. He pushed through any deal just to tell the Daily Mail he saved the country and delivered Brexit, just like when he infected half the country because he didn't want to be the PM that cancelled Christmas. The man is the biggest tool ever elected as our PM, and we have had a few.

Whow, population of England is.....say 54 million. So 27 million are infected by Boris!
Now why are the BBC telling me that only 3.5 million have had covid since it started. Bloody media, just can not rely on them nowadays. Perhaps I should start reading the guardian.
You voted for it, you live with it on 22:35 - Jan 18 with 1024 viewsazuremerlangus

You voted for it, you live with it on 13:28 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

Also, reaping and sowing aren't fishing activities.

They kind of are if you run a fish farm.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

You voted for it, you live with it on 22:37 - Jan 18 with 1022 viewsmonytowbray

The title of this thread is wrong. In events like this it should be...

HOW LONG? NOT LONG. BECAUSE WHAT YOU REAP. IS WHAT YOU SOW.

I accept no substitutes from here on out.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

You voted for it, you live with it on 22:42 - Jan 18 with 1017 viewsjeera

You voted for it, you live with it on 22:26 - Jan 18 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Whow, population of England is.....say 54 million. So 27 million are infected by Boris!
Now why are the BBC telling me that only 3.5 million have had covid since it started. Bloody media, just can not rely on them nowadays. Perhaps I should start reading the guardian.

Probably helpful if you're going to continue this route of using the forum to attack every other poster to at least know the rough population of your own country. It's well into 66 million plus.

Why are you here again?

Either you're a returning poster with a childish grudge or a newbie with the manners of a pig.

Utterly pointless display.

You voted for it, you live with it on 23:12 - Jan 18 with 982 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

You voted for it, you live with it on 22:42 - Jan 18 by jeera

Probably helpful if you're going to continue this route of using the forum to attack every other poster to at least know the rough population of your own country. It's well into 66 million plus.

Why are you here again?

Either you're a returning poster with a childish grudge or a newbie with the manners of a pig.

Utterly pointless display.

The gentleman said country in his post. The population of England is roughly what I quoted. Your 66m is the UK. I am sorry that I do not post as regularly as you; time does not permit. Unless told otherwise I will continue to believe that all are welcome on here if the sites rules are adhered to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024